Thread: Out and About

Aviatrix in Waiting Melanie Moxon's Avatar

Out and About

Yesterday was the first time I have been out as Melissa to anything other than a friend’s house or in the distant past to ‘gay’ venues both in my home town and in Manchester’s Canal Street. My parents were away for a few days so I took the opportunity to get all my girl stuff properly washed, ironed and put away (sans what I was wearing of course).

Sooo, I got made up (you know the makeup is right when you don’t look like a freak show sans wig), pearlescent blue nail polish, perfume, a long sleeve hooped top on, skinny jeans, suede black flat ankle boots (at 6’ 2” you won’t see me wearing 4” heels that often) a black leather jacket and I went out for a meal with my friend Stu, whom I have known since I was 5. Oh and this was also the first time I had been out in daylight hours too.

The drive to the restaurant in Stu’s car was uneventful though I felt apprehensive as we headed into the restaurant. I needn’t have worried, the staff never even gave me a second look (I realise I am not that convincing) and we sat down on a table towards the back (my choice, we could have sat further forward). We sat down and had a damn good catch up, the food was excellent, and the G&T’s went down the hatch nicely (well mine, Stu was driving so was on soft drinks). We then went to a bar down the road and had another drink where other than a few glances nobody appeared to notice me, excellent. It was an early finish though, I had the week of work Stu did not so we couldn’t stay for another. He dropped me off at home, I made a bru and sat playing computer games for a bit before removing everything and going to bed.

I had a bit of an emotional moment when I got home realising just how comfortable (well apart from the two lots of control underwear to keep everything in shape/place) I felt, how authentic, how me I felt. I am using these outings (several more planned) as sighting runs as it where as all being well I intend to transition next year.

The only photo is a selfie taken in the car, sorry.
    IMG_20180405_221618182.jpg

Good for you..It sounds like you had a great time..Its a great feeling interacting with people..
    Best Wishes, Paula

Melissa,

Congratulations on a job well done. So what's next? Flying solo, a bit of retail therapy perhaps?
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Quote Originally Posted by Paula2 View Post
    Good for you..It sounds like you had a great time..Its a great feeling interacting with people..
    Yeah it was fantastic

It is indeed, I need to work on my voice a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    Melissa,

Congratulations on a job well done. So what's next? Flying solo, a bit of retail therapy perhaps?
    Thanks I dunno about that just yet. It will be whenever I can get dressed and get out of the house. The worst bit about getting out solo is the 10 yards from the back door to my car, as my next door neighbour is always hanging out of the kitchen window smoking and I'd be the subject of the gossip circles long before my parents found out.

Retail therapy, possibly, but I tend to shop online for things as nowhere seems to do tall fitting stuff in shops these days and the shoes in Evans seem to be a bit hit and miss on styles.

I know it's not what you meant but I would love to take the Firefly and fly to another airfield but at the moment that is out of the question in girl mode.

Melissa,
    You are doing the right thing, get out there and live your dream just to make sure of yourself.

You do look nice and good luck to you on your endeavours.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Yup, that was my line of thinking too

Aww thanks

Well done, thats great, its an amazing feeling being out as a woman

Banned Read only
    Melissa,
    Great isn't it ? It really is so easy , you wonder what all the fuss is about . OK you still have to do the heels bit and a skirt or dress but I'm splitting hairs you've proved to yourself that you can do it .

Now what happens when your parents return ? Do you go back in the closet or do you work round to telling them ? Don't be pushed into anything, do it at your own pace but you know one day it's going to happen , there's no going back once you've been out the door !

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Brogai View Post
    Well done, thats great, its an amazing feeling being out as a woman
    Hell yeah it is

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Melissa,
    Great isn't it ? It really is so easy , you wonder what all the fuss is about . OK you still have to do the heels bit and a skirt or dress but I'm splitting hairs you've proved to yourself that you can do it .

Now what happens when your parents return ? Do you go back in the closet or do you work round to telling them ? Don't be pushed into anything, do it at your own pace but you know one day it's going to happen , there's no going back once you've been out the door !
    Indeed The only reason I currently don't do skirts is because my legs are unshaven. Heels I can take or leave, I'm tall anyway so even a modest heel will make me tower over most people.

Firmly back in the closet I am afraid, I'm just not ready to have that conversation yet. I need my own space first so that if it all goes pete tong I don't have to run the risk of being kicked out, sure I could rent but paying upwards of £150pcm over what a mortgage would cost me doesn't make sense to me plus I can't get all my belongings in a MINI Cooper and leg it either.

Silver Member
    Melissa had fun! Good for you. Think how much easier and better your becoming Melissa could be, if you had your own place. You are 34 and an engineer. That should be possible for you.

It would have been, had I not thrown myself into a state of denial and put a shield in place which basically meant that I spent the last 12 years of my life avoiding moving out by buying a string of ever faster cars and then taking up motor racing. The Mustang has now gone (hence the MINI) and I have the deposit in place I just need the money for the various fees, appliances and furnishings etc. There are a few more things I need in place before I push the "T" button

Hi Melissa ( nice photo, great lower face skin! ),

Nice to hear that you got out and had a good experience! May the parents go away more often and for longer . I love how your long-time friend is accepting / supportive of you .

You have set your schedule for transitioning next year. Do you intend to do a period of full-time before that? Because it is possible that you could realise that full-time might be enough. OR it could cement your resolve to transition, in which case, you would not start to question your decision if you ever run into difficulties. ( Not that I would know, and it's really none of my business, but it feels as though a period of full-time could be good for adjusting relationships, work, and other stuff, and removing all doubts one way or the other ).

Sounds as though you're heading in the right direction, and I hope for the best for you! .

- Lydianne.

Melissa, You seem to have a sensible plan financially, but Lydianne's advice is sound and I hope you've got something along that line in mind.

But the real question, for this hopelessly provincial yank, is; if you buy a Mustang in the English midlands, is the steering wheel on the left or the right?
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Quote Originally Posted by Lydianne View Post
    Hi Melissa ( nice photo, great lower face skin! ),

Nice to hear that you got out and had a good experience! May the parents go away more often and for longer . I love how your long-time friend is accepting / supportive of you .

You have set your schedule for transitioning next year. Do you intend to do a period of full-time before that? Because it is possible that you could realise that full-time might be enough. OR it could cement your resolve to transition, in which case, you would not start to question your decision if you ever run into difficulties. ( Not that I would know, and it's really none of my business, but it feels as though a period of full-time could be good for adjusting relationships, work, and other stuff, and removing all doubts one way or the other ).

Sounds as though you're heading in the right direction, and I hope for the best for you! .

- Lydianne.
    Thanks Lydianne; makeup works wonders :P

Yeah Stu and his husband are very supportive of me as are a number of other close friends that are ‘in the loop’.

I will be living full time before the transition becomes official on the NHS books as it where due to the length of the waiting lists. I will arrive at my first appointment having lived full time for 6+ months or maybe even longer. By that time everything will be in place and I will know if I want to proceed or not. And for a period of time before I go full time I will be living as Melissa outside of work.

Quote Originally Posted by April Rose View Post
    Melissa, You seem to have a sensible plan financially, but Lydianne's advice is sound and I hope you've got something along that line in mind.

But the real question, for this hopelessly provincial yank, is; if you buy a Mustang in the English midlands, is the steering wheel on the left or the right?
    If you buy a pre 2015 (6th Gen) Mustang in the UK the steering wheel will be on the left as they are all personal imports (usually through an importer as they have the necessary contacts) a few RHD ones exist but they have been converted, and having seen the state of some of them I wouldn’t wish them on my worst enemy. Mine was a 2006 GT and was great fun using it as a daily (ok the £250 a month in gas wasn’t a good point) and bracket racing it

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    So pleased for you Melissa,more power to you and the best of luck in the future
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Aww thanks Sophie