Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally

Finally

This is going to be a long one. Thursday night we went to the mall and afterwards I was going to drive my wife to meet up with some friends. I was planning on dropping her off and then going for a drive, in the parking lot I was starting to get dressed and my wife seen me put the water balloons and she commented on how cold they must be and suprised they didn't freeze in the car and why I don't make the investment for some breast forms. I told her I don't want to order on line because the kids open up all the packages that come and with my luck I'm not very good with stuff like that and make a mistake and have to explain it. She suggested I go to the crossdressing store downtown and the last time we went they were very friendly there.
    I went there a few times before I bought my first pair of heels there and another time I bought a wig and the last time I went the owner suggested that the next time I go fully dressed, but downtown is a hectic drive and parking is impossible.
    Yesterday being Good Friday I didn't think they would be open but I decided to call and she told me she was busy in the morning but if I want I could come in the afternoon, I didn't make an appointment because I didn't know if I was going to be able to get out of the house and have the courage.
    I was getting excited and I told my wife and she said that she would help me to get out of the house and she wanted to come too but I told her I didn't want her to be embarrassed and I prefer to do this on my own, plus I take more risks with her not there and she was ok with it.
    The problem was this wasn't a drive in the car, I was planning on walking and presenting in public everything had to be perfect. I dressed in the car and put on my makeup as good as I know and of course as I got closer there was no parking and I didn't want to walk far. I drove back and forth a few times and then told myself I was going to drive by one more time and then I was going home, unbelievably there was an open spot right in front of the store. Surprisingly I parallel parked perfectly even in heels and then I looked in the mirror, adjusted my wig fixed my makeup, topped up my lipstick took a look down at my dress and legs making sure everything was in order and I took two deep breaths and grabbed my purse and opened the door of the car and took the plunge. I couldn't believe it I was walking on the street with cars passing and walking on the sidewalk with other people and not one person even flinched at me. I entered the front door that lead to a small hallway and I rang the bell and then I heard a friendly voice say she will be there in a minute. I looked down at myself not believing what I was doing and then I heard the outside door open and a young man entered, he looked like a college student, I just stood there frozen. He looked up at me and smiled and said hello and he walked passed me and opened the door to his apartment, and then the owner opened the door and welcomed me in. I apologized to her explanning that I'm a closet dresser and never did anything like this before so I may not look perfect, she answered that I looked fine and not to be nervous and to enjoy my visit there. She then asked me how she can help me, I told her I was looking for breastforms and then again explaining I was a closet dresser and didn't want to spend much. She told me that was not a problem and then she asked me what I was packing in my bra, I told her water balloons and she asked me if it was ok if she took them out. Surprisingly she was so comfortable with me and for some reason I felt comfortable with her, she opened the front of my dress and she pulled the balloons out of my bra, she made a comment on how hot they were. I was embarrassed and she told me not to be because she seen it all from rice bags to crushed leafs and I would be surprised what others come up with. She lead me over to another counter and asked me what size I wanted and she layed out a few and again be comfortable with each other she opened my dressed and put a set in and asked me to look in the mirror. When I went to the mirror to look that was when reality set in, and that was when I couldn't believe what I was looking at and that I was dressed like that. I tried on a few more pairs and I couldn't decide and then she asked me to go over to her makeup chair and she started fixing my makeup and giving me tips and at that point I felt like a real women being pampered. I finally decided and when I was leaving I thanked her so much for being so understanding and making me feel so comfortable there. She thanked me for coming there and she wished me a safe drive home. She really is a wonderful person and knows and understands us and that's why it was so easy for me to feel comfortable with her. If she belongs to this community I would like to thank her again for making me feel at home in her store.
    Now that she touched up my makeup and wearing my new breast I was very confident and walked out of the store with my head up and walked on the street with traffic and I didn't care and I didn't want the day to end. It was a great experience and I learned a few things, I was only walking in heels a short time but I couldn't wait to take them off, my calves were killing me. I'm sorry it was so long but I wanted to share every detail of my first time in public, besides my wife this is the only other place I could share. Thanks for letting me share
    Last edited by Maria 60; 03-31-2018 at 08:27 AM.

I am so happy you Finally made it. It is so nice to have an accepting wife. And I do know them feeling of cold water ballons, berrrr.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You posted twice in all your excitement but thats OK LOL
    What have all of us been saying to you for years? Yes you CAN do it.
    I am so glad you bucked up and got the nerve to do it. Its a feeling like no other isn't it?
    Welcome to the club sister.

Maria, congratulations on your outing.

Your story was so good I had to read it twice!

Maria,

Glad you had a good experience. Thanks for sharing.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Good for you , Maria! What a wonderful story.
    "Samm" Sammara Michaels

I also speak fluent sarcasm

Aspiring Member
    Middle of Oregon, on the West side, but my feet aren't wet!
    Way to conquer your fears Maria! Congratulations!!!

Awesome. To finally breathe the fresh air, feel the open sky, to have a regular conversation, to finally be free...

What did your wife think of your first outing?
    Oh! You Pretty Things ... Come join us for:
    Paint the Town Chicago (Feb 23-26, 2023)
    More info here -> https://linktr.ee/PtT2023

Glad things went so well and that you found something you liked at the store

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Well now, just going for a drive won't be as exciting as it used to be. Maybe a couple of non-confrontational errands as Maria are in the future.
    So glad that you got out and had a good time. BTW, you're not going to want to be without your new forms. Maybe some pictures in your future?
    I mean, when we're pretty, we like to pose!
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Hearty congratulations for taking those steps.

What did your SO think of your forms? Did she approve?
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Yes, that was the part that stood out most to me. Maria wasn't just driving around, hiding in a car. She got out, walked about "in broad daylight", and interacted with people. That it was for the purpose of getting a set of forms is just the icing on the cake. Well done, Maria. Here's hoping you find another occasion to get out again soon, now that you've discovered how little there is to be scared of. Yes, it was scary. Every one of us here who's been through that first real outing, or that first frank interaction with a vendor whom we've approached to help us with "girl stuff", tells the same story, "It was scary, and then it wasn't."
    So now it's not. Girl, you covered a lot of ground yesterday. Well done indeed.

Hugs,

Kelly

That is a great start Maria, glad you had a nice day.
    Part Time Girl

Maria,
    It is going to be much easier from now on.

I am pleased you have overcome that hurdle.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Good for you ....... I think a pic is in order............................Debra

Maria, congratulations. Reading your posts over the last few years I could tell that this step was going to happen.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Thanks to all of you for the great responses and the confidence I get here did help out with my small steps leading to yesterday. As I was writing it and even still now, it still feels like it was a dream and so surreal and looking forward to more small steps. Again I would like to thank everyone here, everything changed since I joined here and this site made Maria more complete and confidence. I look forward to sharing more good stories and of coarse there will be bad stories. Thanks again.

good story. Never water balloons, worst case use other padding. Leaks are not fun and they just look funny. Later you should consider getting good forms
    All my dreams pass before my eyes with curiosity

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    I like this store owner, sounds like she made a woman out of you.

Banned Read only
    Maria,
    Looks like it's a good year for being out and about I'm glad it went well for you . I have to admit doing social is one thing but everyday is something else .

I'm still happy with my boobs yes they do warm up but that's why I still like them and even prefer them to forms and I have tried them.

Also doing everyday does make you think more about the practical side of the right choice of shoes and clothes. I still wear heels my boots are the most comfortable and can walk a good distance in them . I've had to accept women mostly wear trousers everyday so had to bite the bullet and accept wearing them , femme accessories help soften the look , like a nice scarf .

So Maria is on a roll , where to next ? Best of luck .

Congrats Maria, those first steps are so exhilarating but oh so challenging. Kudos for eventually overcoming your fears after lucking out with the parking spot. Keep going and keep enjoying.

Karen

Congratulations on your outing! I laughed at the part about the water balloons as I tried that in the past, along with double-bagged ziplocs...lol. One of my balloons popped and made a mess of things, as I had feared. Good thing I wasn't leaving the house dressed. I recently picked up a pair of forms, what a HUGE difference in terms of feel and fit...worth every penny.
    -Cheryllynn

Platinum Member
    Wow, Maria....I imagine how my heart would have been racing.

My only suggestion...next time, let your wife participate. Let her be a part of the experience for good or not.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Platinum Member
    Nice story. Wonderful and understanding wife. Great proprietor of the shop. Great day all in all. Actually, for most people the worst part of the entire day would have been parallel parking. Where I live everyone either pulls into a driveway or front end into a spot in a parking lot. Ask them to parallel park and they freak out.

Good story. Well done and congratulations on having such a successful day out and about. The store owner sounds marvelous. Don't know where you live but you should help promote her business if you can. She deserves it.

One question I have is to you and many others here who dress up in their cars. How do you do that? I have never wanted to do that as it seems so awkward to dress in such a confined space.