Thread: Heart Health and Bra purchase.

Heart Health and Bra purchase.

So I have to wear a monitor for 30 days. Not the easiest thing to wear, talked with my wife. She have me some Rhonda Shear "AH bra's" that she no longer wears, but even at 2X, hard to get on and off. So, off to WalMart in the buckle of the bible belt. Spent some time looking, ended up at the cash register with some "Hanes" seamless pullover bra's. The young lady reached for them to start ringing them up and I stopped her. Asked her if I could return them if they did not fit, that they were for me and I was guessing on the sizes. She said of course. Then we got into a whole back and forth on how difficult it was to buy a comfortable Bra and she said the ones I was purchasing were all she could wear.

So, she finished the purchase process, $65.00 on the debit card. I thanked her for being so kind to me and was out the door. Keep in mind this was all happening with me in Revlon Red toenail polish, Coach cross body bag, studs and hoops in each ear and under dressed at the time. No pitchforks, angry villagers, sirens, etc. So, maybe things are getting better.

CherylAnne

Quote Originally Posted by CherylAnne View Post
    So, off to WalMart in the buckle of the bible belt. Spent some time looking, ended up at the cash register with some "Hanes" seamless pullover bra's. The young lady reached for them to start ringing them up and I stopped her. Asked her if I could return them if they did not fit, that they were for me and I was guessing on the sizes. She said of course. Then we got into a whole back and forth on how difficult it was to buy a comfortable Bra and she said the ones I was purchasing were all she could wear.
    There are just as many of us here in the Bible Belt, sweetie. It's just that down here, fear keeps many of us deep in the closet, and while that fear is not altogether unfounded, it needn't keep us from acquiring what we need.
    BTW, I agree with the cashier. When I'm wearing just a bra (no forms), those seamless Hanes are the best.

Hugs,

Kelly

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Didn't anyone tell u about "bra extenders", Cherylanne? I use mine on bras, bustiers, and waist cinchers. Best part is, they only cost a few $$!

Get them at Joann's!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Sherry, The bras she is talking about are one piece pullover bras and you cannot add a bra extender to them.

why not use a strapless bra, they are easier to wear.

How heavy is the monitor?
    All my dreams pass before my eyes with curiosity

Silver Member
    Robin, I believe Sherry was referring to the bras his wife gave to him.

Jenny, The Rhonda shear Ah bras are one piece with no fasteners in the back. Look at the link https://www.rhondashear.com/the-original-ahh-bra.html The proper size would be perfect for the heart monitor. Any pullover bra would stay up better and be more comfortable than a strapless bra.

CheryAnne, the pullover bras are nice. hope your heart is okay.
    Part Time Girl

Glad to hear you had a good day CherylAnn. Did the bra's fit.
    Angie

I've found that (for me anyways) the key to success while shopping for fem clothes is a combination of confidence and self-checkouts. I've never had any issues at stores, aside from one young person snickering at me while I was at Wally World eyeing up the selection of tights. Just rolled my eyes and went back to shopping. No sales clerks have given me any issue other than asking if they can help me find anything.
    -Cheryllynn

Yes, the bras did fit. I did not mean to give the impression the lady at the checkout counter gave me grief, on the contrary she could not have been more pleasant and helpful. And, my wife, to my suprise, was also very supportive with the gift of the "Ah" bra's. I guess what I was trying to say about the entire situation was it played out better in real life than it did in my head before it all started.
    The heart monitor fits fine, i have had no episodes that I know of. Everything went well, I found out my bra size, I now have some bras that I won't get yelled at for having and all is well, for now, in my little world.
    And thanks for the comments.

CherylAnne

Banned Read only
    It's probably not medical grade, but here's a sports bra with a built-in heart rate monitor.

https://www.mi-pulse.com/

You can always say "doctor's orders" when anyone asks why you are wearing a bra.

They are horrible..... Sweat and the pads ALL fall off..... Lickilly the first day I wore mine I had 12 A-Fib events in 2 hours...... Did not have to wear it anymore! HA! Now on meds to control.

Silver Member
    Thanks, Robin. I didn't know.