Several Years ago I discovered that there are people who instead of wanting to dress like members of the opposite sex, they dress like ANIMALS instead---they call themselves "Furies". I read up on them and noticed very similar psychological and social patterns in furies and Crossdressers. A fascinating study. They get "turned-on" by dressing as an animal, just as SOME cross dressers get turned by dressing. Furries have a big web and "underground" presense, but we seldom hear from them. (Apparently SEXUALITY anomalies in humans draws the most attention).-------

I asked myself why the ANIMAL thing, then it occurred to me that our brains appear to have a "hierarchy of binaries" that our personalities are based on --Exist/non exist, animate/inanimate, human/animal, male/female, heterosexual/Homosexual-----Each of these "binaries" seem to have a "switch" set at birth, normally, in accordance with the biosex of the baby ------Should one or more of these switches be set in an "abnormal position" it would be reflected in the personality and behavior of the individual.

A transsexual, for example, may have the male/female AND Hetero/homosexual switches abnormally set. a (clinical) crossdresser would have male/female set abnormally, but the hetero/Homosexual switch and the biosex would serve to keep the person a NON Transsexual, but still cause a connection to the oppose sex in some way (I. E. Crossdressing) SO, I would imagine a FURRY would have the human/animal switch in the abnormal position. -----And YES the theory holds through to lower levels too. there are people who fanaticize about being INANIMATE objects AND there are cases of people who feel they "do not exist". Indeed, it is quite fun to imaging different "switch" settings in the personality heirachy and what would the resulting personality be ----And often you can FIND it in the literature.

Hey, I am both a Psychology and Physics nerd. This deep stuff fascinates me and I thought I would share it with those who might find some interest in it. (I don't call myself "Resident Polymath" for nothing)