Thread: the good public experiences out number the bad but the bad are memorable

Banned Read only

Smile the good public experiences out number the bad but the bad are memorable

when I first started dressing my makeup was sub par,my clothing was below average on many items.
    I had used clothing most of the time that people threw out during spring cleaning.
    when I finally learned makeup and got a steel boned corset,better wig and more where I was not clocked I was actually told I was beautiful by many women and a few clothing store owners.I was propositioned multiple times by stud girls who did not know" what time it is".

dressing in drab I got a lingerie and foundation store owner tell me she "does not sell too men". I told her it was for my pregnant wife to pull her in after birth.

I was at a payless show store when a teenage girl with her mom said i was "stretching the shoes" when i tried them on during my sub par makeup time.

I had women say I look cute.

while setting an appointment for a makeover at a store I was asked" are you gay", I said no "well why do you dress like that".?

at a store that had books on transgender topics a obnoxious FTM transsexual gets on the megaphone /loud speakerand says hey guy in red shirt with the motorcycle on it in the transsexual section we close in 30 minutes

women run to me and give me a hug
    men tell me I look beautiful during my great makeup,hair and clothing times.

does your family know you dress like that?
    Last edited by Lindabrown; 04-02-2018 at 05:36 AM.

Silver Member
    I've been very fortunate over the years. People who have caught me unexpectedly have not outed me and remained friends. I've been cussed out much worse as a guy than ever as a girl. Go Figure. I did have an SA that wouldn't let me try on things. But her associate in the same department was more than happy. Today I don't worry about it, most people know.
    Last edited by lingerieLiz; 04-01-2018 at 11:55 PM.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Stud girls?
    Stretching shoes? Were you trying to force your foot in a shoe that was way to small?
    People will say all kinds of things so I let it go and figure they will just go away. I don't know them anyway so who cares what they say.Most of what they say is out of ignorance really.
    If someone gets on the loudspeaker trying to embarrass you just don't pay attention to it and go about your business.
    I have to ask how do you know the person was a transsexual that said it?

I have had both negative and positive comments over a long time.

I haven't experienced any as extreme comments either way as you seem to have.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    you can tell it was a big husky women with large breast,hips and butt in transition with taped down/bound breast to make them flatter and they said there a FTM and CAN DO ANYTHING GUYS can do.she had some facial hair also but she still looked like a husky woman.
    stud girls are masculine women who want to be FTM men.

the shoes where my size but slightly a 1/2 size too big.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lindabrown; 04-02-2018 at 03:31 PM.

Banned Read only
    Linda,
    I can't say I see mine as bad experiences , they were more amusing , OK sometimes at my expense but it's all a learning curve , maybe don't make the same mistake again .

Having a SA shout to another SA across a busy depatment store , " Ladies underwear for the gentleman !" then the reply coming back to ask him to wait by the knicker rack ! SAs get bored sometimes I'm afraid a CDer is fair game for a little fun , it's easier to go along with it you can have some fun with them next time you shop there .

Out in public, almost all of my experiences have been good. I have to expect the occasional disapproving look or stare, but that doesn't bother me.

I have had a really horrible experience with a group therapist and have had to endure some derogatory remarks from group members and have learned from them how wrong some people are about their stereotypes of us. But even in a clinical setting, where people get intimate with their thoughts and feelings, most of what I have experienced has been very supportive and positive, from the stereotypical biker dude to the religious types.

No real bad experiences. The one that knocked me down a peg was when I thought I had nailed the look. I was walking into a diner and an older gent held the door open for me and the said "After you Sir", oh well breakfast was good though with some of the gurls.

Banned Read only

Red face Terasa that has happen to me before just like that except

They did it much louder over a speaker in the store!

Embarrassing and emotionally draining.

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa View Post
    Linda,
    I can't say I see mine as bad experiences , they were more amusing , OK sometimes at my expense but it's all a learning curve , maybe don't make the same mistake again .

Having a SA shout to another SA across a busy depatment store , " Ladies underwear for the gentleman !" then the reply coming back to ask him to wait by the knicker rack ! SAs get bored sometimes I'm afraid a CDer is fair game for a little fun , it's easier to go along with it you can have some fun with them next time you shop there .
    Last edited by Lindabrown; 04-02-2018 at 03:32 PM.

are you sure the sir didn't just come out with out the speaker thinking. I have said that to GGs without realizing it. Just being polite. I did correct myself and apologize
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U get used to vanilla folks doing the oddest things sometimes when out dressed. I was walking around by myself at a sexy, skimpy/costume dress, club event about 2 months ago. I was masked which was no big deal there. But, no one could tell I was an old man disguised as a young woman either!

A chubby, lonely looking young woman asked to take my photo. (I looked pretty racy!) Then, I offered to take a selfie with her and she was so happy! In one pic, I pretended to kiss her cheek. (Oh c'mon! I had a few drinks and was having fun!)

She then backed away from me like I had the plague!
    I later realized she didn't know I was wearing a mask until then!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I tend to think when you start to feel it's all becoming a breeze,that's when a bad experience occurs.When I go out nowadays I just hold my head high and get on with my business.I always think too that anyone that shows any disapproving looks mean nothing to me,and im past them in a flash and need think no more about them or their predjudice
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Reality Check
    When you go out dressed as a woman and interact with people, you are quite likely to be the first crossdresser these people have ever seen in person. You should expect some strange reactions. Most will try to control themselves but some will not. That's life.

Of course, when this happens, you know that you're not passing so it may be time to go home and evaluate your presentation.
    Krisi

Banned Read only
    Many GG women get Excited when they see a cross dresser that is showing good fashion sense.
    They want to know how you pull it off (if you are getting clocked[discovered]) as a crossdresser are you let them know.
    Last edited by Lindabrown; 04-12-2018 at 09:42 PM.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    With respect Krisi,not being passable shouldn't necessarily mean you have to re-evaluate anything.Ive spent the whole day in a busy city centre with barely a glance in my direction and I know I don't pass and yes there's times I get the look but I would never let it bar me from being out
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Sallee View Post
    are you sure the sir didn't just come out with out the speaker thinking. I have said that to GGs without realizing it. Just being polite. I did correct myself and apologize
    I do this at least once a day.Not intentional but you say sir not ma'am.

Banned Read only
    I have my good and bad days in makeup and dressed.

I use to get clocked more than 50% of the time now I get clocked less then 25% of the time.
    It really depends on what great Care and details I put into my look.

There is a few makeup artist I learned from who have me looking unclockable and there husband dresses.

When I am at a restaurant are women's shoe store they always address me as she,ma'am,miss ect.. When dressed except the very 1st few times I dressed going out.
    Last edited by Lindabrown; 04-12-2018 at 09:53 PM.

I have never had any negative reactions out dressed, nor in drab buying the occasional item of female clothing. I have done both in quite a few countries around the world.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Banned Read only
    Once early in the morning after the magic 8-12 hours of makeup has passed I went into the drive thru and the guy called me sir but the women scolded him and said that's a girl.

Aspiring Member
    Linda it sounds like you have amazing makeup skills and CD fashion sense! Why don’t you post a photo of yourself so we can check out your presentation? And just so we know it’s you, why not hold up a sheet of paper with today’s date, “cross dressers.com” and the title of this thread written on it....

About 20 years ago I was with my ex-wife at a NYE party at a swanky hotel. It was getting towards the end of the evening and my ex disappeared to the bathroom or maybe she found a more interesting person than me, but I digress. While I was at the bar a CD came up next to me, very drunk and asked If I smoked and if I had a light. This was back when you could smoke in a bar and my first interaction with someone crossdressed. I said no, I don't smoke but I asked her how is your evening going as I was intrigued. She was very passable and honestly I was turned on by the flirt. She told me she spotted me earlier and was waiting for an opportunity to talk to me. I explained that I was very flattered and had I not been married, perhaps we could get a drink and talk a bit more. I was interested in how she was able to look so feminine. She thanked me complimented me and departed. While she was walking away I overheard some not exactly nice comments from a couple who simply passed her by. I'll never understand what difference it makes to anyone how someone else acts or dresses?

wiggle it, just a lil bit Julia Welch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki_P View Post
    Linda it sounds like you have amazing makeup skills and CD fashion sense! Why don’t you post a photo of yourself so we can check out your presentation? And just so we know it’s you, why not hold up a sheet of paper with today’s date, “cross dressers.com” and the title of this thread written on it....
    Does Linda need to prove herself to you Nikki?
    Fun loving skirt wearer

Linda. Yes my family knows. Mom caught me the first time I dressed, she told Dad. Wife knew from the beginning. Daughters also know.
    I am 6'6" about 250 lbs. I don't pass. I shop in drab outer clothes. SA's are always more than eager to help.
    I developed breasts due to gynecomastia from meds when I was 50. My breasts are currently D cup. I neither flaunt nor hide the fact that I have breasts or that I wear a bra to support my breasts. I have had smart ass people ask Do you wear matching panties. Of. Ourselves I am always honest and say yes. Honesty confuses them.
    Wearing pantyhose under my jeans wearing sandals one morning. I was in line at a C store. A guy blurts out Are you wearing nylons. I simply said No, pantyhose. The moron was speechless. A couple ladies got on the guys case for his comment to me.
    I can't think of anything that was absolutely negative.