Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who here Beats there face?

Banned Read only

Lightbulb if you still don't get it my assignment for you is to

go back to the original post and read it thoroughly then go down a few post and read my reveal and see the picture that's worth a 1000 words. read it in CONTEXT with what I said in the OP.

here is a hint; go too post #1 ,#41,#24 and #18,#5 ,use the Urban Dictionary and the Allure magazine link/url with the defintion if you have to. use the Top Definition of beat face/beat your face

it's easy like a sunday Morning.

Quote Originally Posted by t-girlxsophie View Post
    Still don't "get" what the original post was about,but Its hardly worth getting ones knickers in a twist over it like some have
    there is NO "cool Kids" in drag,CD,DQ,TV and TS culture
    Last edited by Lindabrown; 04-06-2018 at 04:51 AM.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    This has become one of those "it depends on what your definition of 'is' is" conversations.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    They come up with some weird slang terms these days.
    Why not speak English is my question.
    Yes. If you are going to ask a question and expect answers, use plain English, not slang or code words.
    Krisi

Krisi;

"use plain English" is a whole different can of words.

Do you mean United Kingdom English, Irish English,American English,Australian English, or Canadian English ?

New worlds and meaning enter language every year, Anyone who watches Ru Paul or attends CD/TG events will pick up such terms.

Some like the OP might use the terms in their everyday social group.

Years ago , I lived in southern California and started surfing, I had to pick up Valley Speak just to meet people my own age.
    Consider the following, which could be heard in just about any pub in England , arguably the most English speaking country in the world:

"Bloody hell mate! A fortnight ago I was down the local having a chin-wag with this fit bird, feeling pretty chuffed with myself, when some dodgy-looking bloke came up and started getting lairy with me. I don't know what he was on about; I thought he was taking the piss, but he wouldn't stop giving me aggro. I reckon he must have been off his tits. Next thing I knew the Old Bill had shown up and nicked this geezer before he could scarper. What a load of ********!"
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

I kind of do. It makes a big difference. I used Mehron and Black Opal for foundation and contouring. I then use or beat banana (Ben Nye) and translucent powder in.

Banned Read only
    Krisi when slang words get popular like Beat your Face and Instagram Catfish makeup they get entered in to the Dictionary. Duh!

It can be used as a Verb are a Noun!

It's all just English, Latin and different languages mashed up together.
    The great melting pot!

Deal with it else with the same reasoning why don't you just dress like a man,grandfather, uncle,father,dad ....
    Same argument can be put forth on you and your expensive hobby of cross dressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Yes. If you are going to ask a question and expect answers, use plain English, not slang or code words.
    Last edited by Lindabrown; 04-10-2018 at 01:53 PM.

Linda;

Please be careful that you don't cross the unwritten line of insulting members. When you post a thread its easy to take offense when someone questions why you've written a post or why you uses a certain verbage. The moderators here do a wonderful job of keeping posts from becoming a flame war.

You may want to edit your last post.

I find questions like this interesting because different generations see things in a different light.

A lot of people here when they think of Dictionary, they think of Websters Dictionary which takes years and an act of Mystical Intervention to change a words meaning or add a new word.

Some of the newer members when they think of Dictionary , think of The Urban Dictionary and Wiki page as the definitive source for Language.

Using terms like "Duh!" and "Deal with it" and phrases "Same argument can be put forth on you and your expensive hobby of cross dressing." come across as rather heated.

Remember it's your post, you set the timber for how people respond.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Quote Originally Posted by Lindabrown View Post
    Krisi when slang words get popular like Beat your Face and Instagram Catfish makeup they get entered in to the Dictionary. Duh!

It can be used as a Verb are a Noun!

It's all just English, Latin and different languages mashed up together.
    The great melting pot!
    Maybe I misinterpreted the OP. I took it as being less about makeup and more about finding out if anyone was as cool as she is, she being the one who apparently knows all the latest and coolest lingo. The inference is that we probably aren't as cool as she is.

Linda, when you challenge people in that way, you invite challenge. Such as for how you randomly capitalize words within a sentence, or how you refer to "Latin and different languages" when there is no Latin or different language in any of your statements. Even your location seems a little boastful, although I may be misinterpreting that, too. I take it that "1%'er" is supposed to impress us as to your financial status. Likewise, I guess, with "Hollywood Hills". I'm not at all sure about "Mount Sac". Google only took me to a Junior College with that search.

I guess it's not what you said, but how you said it that kind of got everybody's panties in a wad. Maybe you meant it differently. That's the trouble with brief posts on an internet forum. They can take on an unintended meaning. So, if what you meant was "Who here stipples on their makeup?" I totally took it wrong. BTW, I don't but maybe I should try it.

Banned Read only
    Well
    Beat face & Instagram catfish/catfish makeup are in the dictionary also main stream fashion magazines use the word beat your face/beat face and talk shows use Instagram catfish.

I was upset that there was Condescending attitude about my age and my English skills/language skills. So I defended it by let you know that those terms are used now in main stream society and defined in the dictionary.

Actually I was looking to find out where people are in there makeup journey to find your Feminine self.
    In the cutting edge makeup business those terms are used in shows and events.

Here is another term Fleek.
    Your eyebrows are on Fleek.

On fleek or not, fleek is a word worth knowing. Born* in a Vine video on June 21, 2014, the term fleek is a busy word. It was originally (and still is most commonly) applied to perfectly-groomed eyebrows, but the word has been used to describe everything from hash browns to skateboards.
    Fleek Meaning and History | Merriam-Webster
    Merriam-Webster › words-at-play › fleek

PEOPLE ALSO ASK
    What does it mean when your on fleek?
    Just as the world at large was catching up with “bae,” the new slang term crossing Vine, Instagram, et al. has taken hold of the Internet. Enter “on fleek.” “On fleek” dates back to at least 2003, when its Urban Dictionary definition was created. It defines the term as “smooth, nice, sweet.”

Catfish is pretty obvious from the Instagram Catfish before and after photos.
    The term came from Instagram and dating sites because people always look best on there Instagram photo using poses,makeup,soft lighting and more...
    Last edited by Lindabrown; 04-10-2018 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly DeWinter View Post

Consider the following, which could be heard in just about any pub in England , arguably the most English speaking country in the world:

"Bloody hell mate! A fortnight ago I was down the local having a chin-wag with this fit bird, feeling pretty chuffed with myself, when some dodgy-looking bloke came up and started getting lairy with me. I don't know what he was on about; I thought he was taking the piss, but he wouldn't stop giving me aggro. I reckon he must have been off his tits. Next thing I knew the Old Bill had shown up and nicked this geezer before he could scarper. What a load of ********!"
    Finally! Someone who speaks my language LoL.

Sorry, nothing useful to say here. I find it hard enough understanding my own son sometimes.

Linda;

The problem with copying and pasting information from the internet, is that some geeky people don't trust copy and paste information.

If you Google "Fleek" there are references dates prior to June 21 2014 such as:
    This One on the topic of the word written by a research journalist.

Terms such as "on fleek","beat face" are constantly being written about by magazines such as Allure which write articles on popular makeup terms like this article
    18 New Beauty Slang Words You Need to Know

There are many members here who do not include makeup on their journey to find their Feminine selves.

Some questions for you if you don't mind:
    . Why do you find knowing the most current terms in shows and events important ?
    . Do you attend makeup shows and events ?
    . Do you think its possible to have a makeup artist do your or anyones makeup with or without urban dictionary terms ?
    . How would you describe how a CD or TG could get their desire across to a makeup artist ?
    . Are there any terms you think are nonsense ?

Respectfully

Kelly
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Banned Read only

Post This will help understanding

This paragraph Say's it below from Allure magazine.

"
    The drag community has done this for ages, which makes sense because they're always light-years ahead when it comes to makeup techniques.
    "

I do not want to look like a
    dodgy-looking bloke.

If you don't shave and use makeup
    your likely a TV and not a CD,TS,DQ. Showgirl,showgirl,...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lindabrown; 04-11-2018 at 06:48 PM.

Shakes head sadly ......

Seriously ? I think you are putting the cart before the horse. Women GG's have been leading the makeup technique far far longer. The makeup houses Revlon, Mary Kay, CoverGirl, Mabeline have been around longer then the Drag Community.

The Drag Community have only recently come in vogue.

The basis of drag makeup is theatrical makeup mainly ballet where contouring started over 100 years ago.

As far as
    "If you don't shave and use makeup
    your likely a TV and not a CD,TS,DQ. ..."

you really don't know much about the community to make a statement like that or you just say things to invite ridicule.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Banned Read only
    It use to be illegal to Masquerade(crossdress an arrestable offense )and still is in some places but not enforced
    The drag community has been coming up with cutting edge techniques for ages.
    Much fashion and makeup techniques comes from the LGBT community.

There are still Stealth TS models in the Mainstream fashion and makeup industry.
    There are still few industry that has little discrimination and no Glass Ceiling.
    I live in the community.
    Last edited by Lindabrown; 04-11-2018 at 06:54 PM.

Some places, meaning outside of the US ? In the united states there has not to my knowledge or a quick search of the internet anyone arrested for crossdressing since the 1970's (I'll admit i could be wrong)

Again the drag community uses makeup, but i would not call it cutting edge, not much has changed since the 1970's, the only real change has been the use of prognostics for breast,hip and butt enchantment, but even those changes were pioneered by the plastic surgeons for GG's .

If anything TG use of makeup is the tail that wags the dog.

Now you are adding fashion. to the mix. Yes there are many GL in the Fashion Industry but is arguable on how much comes from the community.

And just because you live in a community, doesn't mean you have the definitive say in whats what. We can all learn from the past and the present.

What you call beat, someone else may call stippiling or blending. In the end it's not new or different.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Banned Read only
    Factual analysis

Fact is your wrong because people get arrested for

Cross dressing even today.
    Sometimes it's under a pretext like indecent exposure, using the wrong restroom,disorderly conduct,........

The article stated the fact that many new makeup techniques came from drag culture(basically drag pageants/Ballroom culture).

There are famous TS who have pioneered makeup techniques and hair techniques like the Transsexual from Real housewives of Atlanta.

There are magazines dedicated to discussion of issues with TG and law enforcement, TG and jobs,TG and discrimination and more.look at all the law suits filed by the ACLU, LGBT communities ,and other non profits about TG issues. Check the Advocate magazine,the Guardian.

There is talented TG's still being discovered that raise the beauty Bar threshold.

The police enforce laws that are problematic when there trying to harass ,intimidate,bully and dissuade people.

Beating your face is heavy contouring from all angles and blended smoothlty. Most GG women don't do heavy contouring.they don't need it cause they have ample fat in there faces to smooth it caused by Estrogen.
    Last edited by Lindabrown; 04-12-2018 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ressie View Post
    I've had a dislike for slang for a long time now.
    Well said Ressie! It's an interesting contrast to find people here who are so out-of-the-ordinary being very conservative about other aspects of life. Well spoken English says as much about the speaker himself/herself as about the subject.

Linda;

Please understand that the only issue i suggested is that your facts are not supported by...... well actual facts.
    Lets break it down...

Real Housewives aired first in 2008
    Contoured makeup was used In the 16th century, contouring was used by Elizabethan stage actors, who would apply chalk and soot to their faces to help audience members read their facial expressions (check wikipedia) And yes it was heavy.

The current use of new products using 16th century techniques is not new. Another fact that should change your outlook is that portrait painters used the same techniques in painting a picture. Blending,contouring and highlighting have been around for centuries.

Claiming Blending,contouring and highlighting as a pioneered technique is as ridiculous as opening a window and 'discovering' the sky is blue.

I'm not sure where TG law enforcement and law suits have to do with blending makeup so I'll just assume its a side issue for you.

Since in your other posts you prefer the Urban Dictionary, your notion that GG do not beat their faces is also dodgy at best:

Urban Dictionary
    Basically, the make-up artist uses to say I'm going to put make-up on your face.
    Client: My face needs some make-up

Its nice to THINK that the TG community has invented something unique but I prefer to stick with things the community has made strides in, such as gender equility.
    Yes there are countries where its against the law for a man to wear women's clothing, in most western countries that is no longer the case.

Are there individual cops who still think in terms of the 1950's and 1960's yes, there are a lot of people too. Is it right ? no, but just like racists, time eventually removes them from society.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Banned Read only

Post Transgender model Amiyah Scott

Transgender model Amiyah Scott set to join Real Housewives of Atlanta cast as replacement for NeNe Leakes
    By Zoe Nauman For Dailymail

Transgender model Amiyah Scott is a pioneering celebrity makeup artist and weave master who has made a name for themselves.

I do not just use the urban dictionary.
    I only refer to the urban dictionary to help others understand the jargon used and in the community.
    I used the urban dictionary to figure out the British
    or UK English slang example in discussion #54
    By Kelly DeWinter View Post

Your inventing statements I never typed are said.
    As I said before Allure magazine and its editors stated that Drag makeup is always in the forefront of makeup techniques and discovery.
    Guess what! Transgender model Amiyah Scott came from Ballroom culture and ts beauty pageants to become a celebrity makeup artist who is a TS and Now a celebrity known for there impeccable makeup and also stealth hair weave skills around the globe.a real trend setter.

I really tired of typing to answer and refute your statements that just go around in circles.

Allure magazine said it and there editors checked the info for for factual accuracy. Allure magazine is a main stream magazine.Allure magazine has been around for almost 30 years with a circulation of more then 1 Million and countless awards.
    People should believe Allure magazine a main stream publication over you! Kelly DeWinter.

Micki and Marina understood the jargon and wanted the prize and many others in this thread
    Last edited by Lindabrown; 04-12-2018 at 03:56 PM.

Yes, the art Masters of the Renaissance period used all of these techniques in their paintings. And it probably started during the Middle Ages. I would guess that the same techniques were used in makeup centuries ago. The products have obviously improved in this age which makeup artists have utilized to create improved and different kinds of facial art.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Ressie;

Some of the Renaissance and Middle Age artists were also the first photoshoppers. Their subjects often had smallpox,acne,warts and all kinds of other scars.

Linda;

No need to get your knickers in a twist. This is a forum and people discuss things. It's not a matter of who to believe or not. I frankly don't mind whether anyone believes me or not, it's more about contributing to an ever expanding discussion. You stated some things that are simply an opinion based on well .... someone else's opinion.

Magazine like Allure are hardly indepth sources of research. They are devoted to one thing. Selling products, in the case of allure their advertisers sell make up, so its only natural that they would write fluff articles to fill in the spaces between advertisements. In order to stay relevant with their clients, the people who buy make up.

If you want a real innovative makeup artist look at some of the work of Mathu Anderson who is arguably the most innovative Make Up Artist. His clients include RuPaul and many others.
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Banned Read only

Post Sutan Amrull aka raja Gemini

I think
    Sutan Amrull aka Raja Gemini
    Is the better makeup artist I had talked to his agent to book him for an event.

He pulls off different ethnicities, different culture looks, classic looks and more
    Last edited by Lindabrown; 04-12-2018 at 10:06 PM.

ROFL , you prove my point the 3rd photo in your post, the make up was done by Mathu Anderson
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Banned Read only
    No Raja Gemini did his own makeup.

All those 3 photos are of the same person.

He is a Chameleon

Since this thread , which was thinly veiled as a makeup thread but had other wink wink overtones to it has since morphed into a discussion on language particularly slang, plus is being somewhat condescending, it is now closed