Thread: From 3 inch to 6 inch heels... transition was easy

lover of hosiery wantstocrossdress's Avatar

From 3 inch to 6 inch heels... transition was easy

DSC_8377 v3.jpg

I've been in 3 inch heels for years and yearning for 4 or higher. I finally got 6 inch open toe sling backs and found that walking was easy but keeping still and maintaining your balance was more difficult. These were a used pair. The seller said they were size 10 and when I got them they were 10 but made in China so the length was alright but I could not close the straps and had to make an extension.

Next purchase: 4-6 inch high pumps.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    They look good on u, Wants. But, they aren't tru 6" heels. Look more like 4 3/4". Because they have 1"+ platforms. I find platforms way more dangerous to walk in!

Try 5" heels with no platform on your next set of stilettos. I think you'll be surprised how easy they r to walk in compared to these heels!

I'm SO JEALOUS u wear size 10's. Because that means u can shop anywhere!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

lover of hosiery wantstocrossdress's Avatar
    I'm surprise because my first heels were 11 but bought a 10 by mistake and found out that I could squeeze into the smaller size. These were 10s but the straps were for a size smaller so I had to create an extension and it worked.

I haven't found any flat front 6 inch heels but now that you've mentioned it, I'm gonna keep my eye out for that.

I strongly suggest 5" next. Unless u buy returnable 6"!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

The avvy pic isn't me
    Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    But, they aren't tru 6" heels. Look more like 4 3/4". Because they have 1"+ platforms. I find platforms way more dangerous to walk in!

Try 5" heels with no platform on your next set of stilettos.
    Thanx for that Doc; I always have to chuckle when I see heels quoted as being 6" and 7". The fetish, bdsm world does have such a thing, they are known as Ballet Heels, and are often more of a bondage/punishment thing then something just 'worn'.

A little basic geometry should be applied to platform heels:
    If you say you have 6" or higher heels; take the actual length of the spike, minus the thickness of the platform and that is the actual heigth.

Another way to look at it is how far off the floor is the heel of your actual foot in relation to your toes.
    If you can walk properly (in a somewhat sexy, femme way that is) in a true 6" heel with no platform, I bow to you!
    Cass
    Last edited by Cassandra Lynn; 04-03-2018 at 06:10 PM. Reason: update after other replies

Pleaser makes some 6 inch, no platform heels. I have thought of buying a pair. I can do slightly over 4 inches with no platform. I do have a couple 6 inch with 2 inch platforms and they really were not any harder to walk in than a 4 inch, no platform. I do like my crazy heels!

From a three to a six is a jump but I've found that after one learns to walk in heels that the higher heeled ones are not that much of an adjustment but do take a small practice session or two. I have mostly four to fives now and love them I did a purge once and wish I had my true six inch ones back. I was actually getting good at wearing them.

Don’t buy the 6” fetish heels without the platform. They are not meant for walking in, it turns out. Take it from experience.

Nobody said six inch heels are practical, but some of us are compelled to wear them. I have six inch pumps, no platform, and they are certainly challenging to stand in, much less to walk in. But I wear them, that is, put them on. I would rather compromise mobility than heel height. It's how I'm wired.

Nicole, oh, I bought them for a reason! LOL! And I do have the occasional hobble around in them

I'm EXTREMELY flexible, but my ankles just can't seem to bend that way! Kudos though!

Four inches is about as far as I can practically go.

Over that I look a bit out of place and I would attract attention.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My highest are about 3 3/4 inches. I think some five-inch heels would be fun to try around the house. It may take a while to find some in 13W, but I will definitely keep my eye out.

Thanks for the inspiration, gals!

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

My highest are 3.5 inches and they're hard to walk in. I could not go any higher.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Banned Read only
    I feel comfortable in a 3 1/2 inch to 4 inch heel. I have no problem working around the house all day at that height. A narrow heel does not work well in the soft dirt/grass of the back yard. I have some with "clunky" heels for that. I do have two pairs of five inch heels which were advertised at a lesser height. I find those uncomfortable and put too much stress on the legs muscles. There is also an issue with general mobility. I know it takes practice to negotiate easily in very high heels, but, I rather be comfortable than have stressed out legs muscles and ligaments. I do enjoy noticing women on television walking in what seems to be a very high heels. They have fluidity of motion that I would never be able to achieve.

3 1/2" heels feel like "flats" to me!

I ordered true 6" spikes but had to send them back. Walking in them wouldn't have been as hard as in my bondage boots. And, my ankles weren't the issue. But, my feet wouldn't bend enuff to get them on!

I wish I could wear 6" heels. I have a 5" pair and I have a hard time walking in them. 4" heels are as high as I can wear. 3"-31/2" are comfortable. I love heels.

My wife got a kick out of me one weekend. The weater was crappy and we spent the whole Saturday indoors doing little projects around the house. The most interesting one is I replaced a toilet. Also did some general house keeping and laundry, all while wearing my 5" heeled, 1" platform, over the knee leather boots!

Silver Member
    Just yesterday in pole class the subject of wearing heels in class was brought up by the teacher and that anyone can choose to wear them in class as long as they are comfortable doing so. I guess i will have to start deciding on what pair i want to try. They also have to be platforms where the sole of the toe is angled up. That allows the dancer to pivot without the heel touching. In fact good technique, rarely let the heel hit the floor. Still a bit into the future for me!

I love my 5 inch platform heels from Jessica Simpson.. I find them easier to walk in than some lower heel stilettos

Aspiring Member
    wantstocrossdress - love those heels - very sexy - I also wear a size 10 heel - you can get some great deals at Charlotte Russe on high heels - I have purchased some at $5.00. Pickup a pair of thigh high boots, open toe - normally $50, sale price $19.99. I think you find them addicting.