Thread: Starting out

Starting out

Hi all,
    I'm taking the first steps on what could turn out to be a very interesting road. As I posted on my intro thread, this all started when my wife suggested I dress up in her stockings and panties and for some reason I said OK then ..
    Turns out we both enjoyed it which led to me admitting I'd always loved the feel of lace and silky things which was why I tended to buy it for my SO, in the hope I'd get to feel it against my skin. Anyway she dug out a silky dress which didn't fit her any more, fitted me like a glove and I LOVE IT!!!

One thing led to another and I had a small collection of clothes, underwear etc. Tried the bra which needed some padding to feel 'right'. And then my wife suggested I try makeup and a wig to see what the effect was. Upshot was us going clothes shopping with me dressed to find some more clothes for me. The only comment we had was the sales assistant who remarked on my lovely shade of nail polish. Once I was in the shop I think my wife was more nervous than me, though I nearly called it off in the carpark

So here I am, dressed most of the time while I'm in the house but I am dressing down to go out. Not quite ready to go out there yet, but trying to work out how long I've fancied this, as I seem to have taken to it like a duck to water, as they say.

Thanks to all for the community here, I've spent some time lurking round here trying to understand people's experiences and where they are at in their lives. And thank you to my wife (though she may not get to read this) for giving me the space to be myself
    Sally

Hello Sally SW
    It's sounds identical to my wife and myself.
    My wife definitely is who started me on this path and I couldn't be happier!
    Still havent gone out in public but also haven't felt the need to.
    We are completely happy with this aspect being something we share with each other.
    Wish you the best on whatever path you girls take.

Sally, Welcome to the forum.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Nice!! I can't wait to have the option to dress as much as I want to. I'm a little curious how I'll be. To explain ...we have family living with us and I don't want to invite them into my world of fem... not worth it.

Hiya Sally,

Sounds like you and your wife are doing well. Welcome to this forum and enjoy the lovely people here.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Welcome to the forum - you have a great wife

Welcome. Make sure you do something special for that woman of yours?

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    The start of a long and happy life together I'm sure.

Sally,

Welcome, you should find all the answers you're looking for given the wealth of experiences to be found here.

When I read; "Not quite ready to go out there yet, but trying to work out how long I've fancied this, as I seem to have taken to it like a duck to water, as they say." my thoughts were, why wouldn't you take to it? When you read so many posts here about just how great it makes folks feel it seems a no brainer. It's often said that if more men tried CD'ing (and not just for a laugh) it could well be surprising just how many found it enjoyable.

As for getting out there this is the place to come for sound advice but having been out shopping it sounds like you're 90% of the way there already. Enjoy the rest of your journey.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Dear Sally,

Welcome to this interesting place. What a wonderful story full of happiness and positive thoughts. You and your wife are on a very fscinating journey together. Dressing in lovely soft and silky clothing is a real pleasure as you have found. Your story about the silky dress reminds me of a find in Chico's that I made last week. The lightness of those summer dresses is a true pleasure especially when the fabric seems to float about your legs and you can feel the summer air waft around you. Just lovely.

As you have spent some time lurking you probably already know the many issues we cross dressers face. You also understand that you are both embarked on a journey that will take you to some exciting discoveries and also to some emotionally challenging places. Communication and tolerance are a must. Your wife must be able to get as much enjoyment out of your cross dressing as you do and that will take some work, some compromises and lots of discussion to make sure you are both on the right path and each of you is happy.

I wish you both every best wish. You are very lucky to have such a flexible and accommodating wife so take care of her.

Hi folks,
    Thanks for all the support. Yes, she's a keeper, which is why I married her in the first place :-) As has been said, the key seems to be communication, provided we keep that going we should work things out.
    Now if I can just work out how to deal with her getting jealous cos she thinks I look better in some of her stuff than she feels she does

Welcome to a great place for advice, although it sounds like you are off to a roaring start.
    Its always good to see Girls from the Uk.

Sally,

My wife and I have had a few spats over things like being jealous of my hair (wigs), or some of the things I have learned with makeup. It usually ends with us working together to find things that make her feel good. Honestly part of it is that I am more interested in some of the beauty tricks and the like than she is. She was more of a Tom boy during her younger years, but when she wants she can look as hot as any supermodel. I am jealous of how she can wake up in the morning and be a picture of feminine beauty.

Those "spats" have now developed into us helping each other make the best of our looks and we have found another place that we connect and share in our relationship. I know we are just talking about makeup, clothes, hair, and accessories, but for us it has added another depth to our relationship that I know I cherish and think she does too!

As many have said before, you have a wonderful wife to share this adventure with, make sure you let her know you appreciate that!

Mattea

Quote Originally Posted by SallySW View Post
    Now if I can just work out how to deal with her getting jealous cos she thinks I look better in some of her stuff than she feels she does
    I started the same sort of way, except my wife took all my underwear to the laundry, and left a pair of her panties on the pillow. That was three years ago. Anyway, try not to look better than her. Males aren't the only ones with fragile egos. My wife did me in makeup one time, bought some more makeup, but never did it again. She finally admitted that she didn't want to do it again because I looked better than her (time to get her new glasses!) I haven't pressed it since.
    Jane

Welcome to the community! It sounds like your journey has started off pretty well; enjoy the ride and where it takes you.

Your story sounds similar to mine as well. Although I must have already had some hints, I really didn't know I would take to crossdressing like I have. She is the one who recognized it and encouraged it. I think both you and I have gotten very lucky.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Way back during my first marriage back in the early 90's my wife had not done the laundry and I had no clean jeans to wear to work and she said wear a pair of mine and tossed me a pair out of her side of the closet.
    Little did she realize she tossed me the pair that zipped up the back and had no rear pockets.
    I said hey these won't work no pockets for my wallet. She said turn around I'll zip you up and you will be fine don't worry you are wearing a winter coat no one will notice.
    She was right no one noticed or said anything to me and she ended up giving them to me because she liked them on me.

Treasure your wife she is a rare breed, and good luck on your journey!!
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Well you are off to a good start, you should let your wife see what you put on this site if she looks over your shoulder.

Don't ask her to look just let her curiosity take it's course.

Play it slowly and do things as your wife suggests, this keeps the relationship warm as if you push your views she may cool off the idea.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.