Thread: Fantasy Fest in Key West... Going dressed in public for first time

Fantasy Fest in Key West... Going dressed in public for first time

Wife and I are booked for Fantasy Fest this year.. planning to wear matching outfits out .. should be fun!

When is the Fantasy Fest?

I'll be in Key West for the end of April, and I'm hoping to do a little experimenting myself.

Hell-o Jenny,
    Your first post and I already envy you!

Does a “bucket list” ever stop growing?
    Much Love,
    Kristyn

Hey Vicky! http://www.fantasyfest.com/info/#history
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Would be good to be there but not this year.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    Hey have fun

Jenny, Welcome to the forum. Have a wonderful time and remember to breath.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

I used to think that UFO fest in McMinnville was fun, this sounds like a must see. Have a great time. Brenda

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    You and the wife picked a great time and place to make that first trip out a lot easier. I would have loved that kind of support at that point in my life. Congrats, welcome to the forum and please keep posting, we want to hear how it goes.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Sounds like fun. Hope you have a great time!

Events like that are a great way to dress up in public with a little more confidence.

Jenny welcome to the forum and you are a way ahead of me about going out. This sounds like the perfect place to make it your first outing. Good luck and have fun.

IMG_6997 (1).jpg This is the outfit I think I will wear... we have matching heels and black dresses

Oh! Love Fantasy Fest. And I've never been to one "dressed".
    Way back I was stationed at the Naval Air Station Key West. I spent 3 year flying fighter jets in the east coast aggressor squadron.
    One of the benefits was the culture of Key West. Fantasy Fest was every part of that and more; an amazing and fun event that is BETTER than Halloween.

Enjoy. If I had half a brain I'd move my fall "guys" fishing trip down there this year. And boy.... wouldn't the boys like to see my in a new gown?!!!!

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I see the photo.
    You are going to get your butt groped. Trust me.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Jenny Bee that is a perfect outfit----I love it----and you will be twins dressed exactly alike, right? great look from neck to toes. You have great legs also. and I especially love those shoes! Be sure to get photos and share with us!
    Last edited by kathy chelan; 04-06-2018 at 12:59 AM. Reason: to addcomment on liking her shoes

Thanks for the compliments! yes we are planning to dress pretty much alike... both as blondes, have matching heels,and black dresses..We are both so excited !

Reality Check
    I don't know anything about this fantasy fest but I do know that under normal circumstances, two women going out together would never wear matching outfits.

Have fun.
    Krisi

fantasy Fest is all about costumes and crazy good times, so We thought it would be fun to be similar in appearance just to be different!

Lived in key west for 6 months. Had a great time. Outfit is nice but very mild for fantasy fest. Would encourage you to also do a much wilder costume. TRUST ME YOU WILL HAVE FUN!!!!!!

How many crossdressers are there at Fantasy Fest?

"Costumes..."
    don't get me wrong. Events like this are great fun, and your planned wardrobe will probably be on the tame side, from what I know of that shindig. But it is a costume event. If you have it in mind to follow up with outings in the real world, know that it will be ...a little different. Is that the plan, if you don't mind me asking?

Quote Originally Posted by Sara Fina View Post
    How many crossdressers are there at Fantasy Fest?
    A bunch! Pretty much ANYthing goes for fantasy fest - the wilder the better. About the only rule it that you've got to keep your genitals covered - but here are a lot of (GG) women who go topless, wearing nothing more than a layer of paint. Some of the paintings are GORGEOUS and you quickly find yourself looking at the picture more than the exposed boobs.

A side story - CD related:
    One event they have is where you can BE in a parade. People meet up at the cemetery and march through the streets. It's a lot of fun and I'd say 'do it.'
    Anyway - there used to be this older fellow that would go. From the front, he was a very dapper, distinguished looking gentleman. From the back, you could see that his suit had been cut away, revealing bra straps, lacy bikini panties, garters, and stockings. I LOVED IT and thought it was very clever and original.

That was years ago, and I don't know if he's still around.

Have fun - and relax. You'll love it.

Just be warned, Duval St. is V*E*R*Y crowded (shoulder to shoulder, front to back) for the main parade. If you're at all claustrophobic, you might want to steer clear of that event.

Reality Check
    That sounds like a great event and a great time and place to be in public dressed as a woman. Unfortunately, I won't be there. It's a shame there aren't similar events in other parts of the country.
    Krisi

Banned Read only
    You are soooo brave. I wouldn't even go into a XXX store dressed.

Sounds like a lot of fun. I remember working in a store when I was a teenager. A man came in to pick up his developed prints. He asked if I would like to see the pictures he had developed. I replied “Sure.” He told me he just got back from Fantasy Fest in Key West. In the photos, he was dressed like a woman from head to toe along with his wife. He told me that he had so much fun and that I should do it one day. I was thinking to myself, what a lucky guy to have such an understanding wife. That was approximately 20 years ago. This must be an event that has been around for a while.

Fantasy Fest is October 19th to the 28th. The website is http://www.fantasyfest.com/schedule/