Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dinner party

dinner party

My wife has agreed to invite one of her long term girlfriends here for dinner next Wednesday and I will be cooking and serving in one of my maid uniforms
    Andrea my wife's friend does not yet know that I'm a cd and the maid here at home but after years of asking my wife has agreed to do it
    Now my wife doesn't know how to tell Andrea any ideas girls
    Susan

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Presenting as female is an instant way of confirming your CD status without any need to tell but is the maid uniform wise? There are strong kink/fetish connections associated with the maid uniform, is that the crossdresser you want her to think you are? If so fine but if you want her to go away thinking you are a man in touch with his feminine side who is prepared to express it then I'd choose another outfit.

Daisy

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Have to agree with Daisy. If you are going to do the 'surprise reveal' maybe something a little more subtle than a maids outfit might be more appropriate. Just my two pennies worth...
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Banned Read only
    Susan,
    I have a couple of maid outfits that not many have seen apart from some members here on the forum.
    OK they are fun to you and hopefully your wife but they might prove a little scary or OTT to others who don't know about your CDing at all . Perhaps your wife should break the ice and tell and her friend otherwise she might find she loses her as a friend . Even then I might be inclined to dress more conservatively the first time .

My wife is going to tell her before she gets here so not a big surprise and say it's just something we do to spice up your marriage like role play
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/735353.../in/datetaken/
    this is the outfit I plan on wearing

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Ah well, as maids outfits go that is quite conservative. My imagination went elsewhere!

I dunno. I still think it's a bit risky.

Not for the dressing, but for the poor friend who will be asking herself "They do this to 'spice up' the marriage - are thy expecting me to join in on something?"

Sounds risky for your wife's friendship - and that could end up backfiring on you. I can almost hear her saying "Because of you, I can't have friends anymore!"

Sorry, but the approach seems all wrong to me.

Wouldn't it be kinder and gentler for your wife to 'confide' in her friend about your dressing - and IF and ONLY IF the friend is OK with that - then invite her over with the understanding that you are likely to be dressed feminine when she gets there.

Yes 'spice up ' may be the wrong way to put it
    She is going to talk with her first and invite her if she wants to come planning on next Wednesday so have some time to talk this out

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    Sounds like it could be fun but I would definitely check it out with the friend first

Quote Originally Posted by SaraLin View Post
    I dunno. I still think it's a bit risky.

Not for the dressing, but for the poor friend who will be asking herself "They do this to 'spice up' the marriage - are thy expecting me to join in on something?"

Sounds risky for your wife's friendship - and that could end up backfiring on you. I can almost hear her saying "Because of you, I can't have friends anymore!"

Sorry, but the approach seems all wrong to me.

Wouldn't it be kinder and gentler for your wife to 'confide' in her friend about your dressing - and IF and ONLY IF the friend is OK with that - then invite her over with the understanding that you are likely to be dressed feminine when she gets there.
    I totally agree with Sara on this one.

We keep trying to find acceptance by society, trying to show how "normal" we are, so, maybe this is not the right way to show it for a person for the first time.

Just my two cents.

Cheers,

Patricia

As is often said, "You can't unsee something." Wouldn't it be better if her first impression of you was of a tastefully dressed woman who conducts herself at a dinner like other women of refined taste. IMHO.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Aspiring Member
    I think your wife should tell/warn her before hand and you should dress a little more "normal/conservative" at first. Then maybe when it is time to eat your wife could say "OK Susan, go and get the maid and have her serve dinner". Or something like that. And the maid shouldn't be too ****ty, not the first time anyway. This sounds like fun if your wife can present it as a fun thing and the girl friend goes for it.

Reality Check
    My advice related to crossdressing has always been, don't tell anyone who does not need to know. I would think your wife's friend does not need to know that you're a crossdresser. It doesn't do anything for you or for your wife. Once this "news" gets outside of your immediate family, there's no telling where it will stop. It can get to your job, your church, and your social circle.

Forget the maid outfit, forget any female outfit and dress as a man.
    Krisi

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    I have one question that needs to be answered before I reply to the main focus of the thread.
    Do you treat your crossdressing as a fun activity or as gender expression?

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    My advice related to crossdressing has always been, don't tell anyone who does not need to know. I would think your wife's friend does not need to know that you're a crossdresser. It doesn't do anything for you or for your wife. Once this "news" gets outside of your immediate family, there's no telling where it will stop. It can get to your job, your church, and your social circle.

Forget the maid outfit, forget any female outfit and dress as a man.
    I agree with Krisi 100% on this one, I will say however I admire your courage to move forward but question the benefit of following through compared to the harm that could occur. Unless of course you are prepared to have this be your Coming out to the world event. If this is the case, I think that as others have said the Maid uniform may have too may sexual connotations, and may make your guest uncomfortable.

Complete surprise reveals can be so surprising that the consequences can be bad.

Think it through from Andrea's perspective. She is coming to dinner with a good friend and her husband and when she arrives she finds him in a maids outfit cooking the dinner and after getting over the shock and seeking an explanation from her friend she is probably wondering why it was done this way. What is being suggested here? Uncomfortable may not even begin to describe her feelings.

I don't think this is a scenario that can end well.

If I were your wife's friend I would certainly turn down your invitation, and I'm a life-long crossdresser. I'm not interested in unwittingly being a part someone else's "marriage spice." Your wife should have many discussions about your crossdressing with her friend (and the kink aspect, if that is what it is) before subjecting her to seeing and being a part of it. A dinner is just not enough justification.
    Last edited by Taylor186; 04-05-2018 at 11:19 AM. Reason: clarity

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Susants, u haven't fully explained the maid's outfit. As maid's outfits go, it certainly isn't fetishy looking. Then, why do u want to wear it? Is it a special desire of yours to wear it in front of your guest?

Personally, I don't see that it would offend anyone any more than u cooking dinner in a house dress and apron!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Silver Member
    As I read your post, Susan, it appears that all of this was at YOUR suggestion (twice said, "wife agrees"). What prompted you to come up with this idea?? What do you expect to gain from it?
    Personally, I don't think the proposed dinner idea is a good thing, but if you want to do it, do it as the husband. Dinner conversation could ultimately come around to Gender variences, and the guest's opinions will surface, for you to disclose or not. Just saying.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Susants, only you know this person that is being invited over for a meal, so you have a better chance of guessing how they may react. The maids uniform is conservative enough, but it can be totally taken the wrong way. If you are bent on doing this, then pick out a conservative dress, or skirt outfit instead. No need to mention anything to do with kinks, or quirks, the clothes will say it all!
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

I could understand this if the friend knew you are a crossdresser and wanted to see for herself.

You need to consider why you are doing this.

What do you think you will gain against what you could lose ???
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Susan,
    Think very carefully on this one, dampen down the euphoria AND read Shelly's post again.

If you missed the point, READ IT AGAIN.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I am certain you will present yourself as the perfect picture of demure and modestly dressed domestic help. I don't see a "tart" in you or this setting.
    Good luck. What tremendous fun it could be, especially with a supportive wife.
    What are you making for dinner?
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

This is a rather bold and direct way to share with Andrea an aspect of you. As others have mentioned, is there another way to broach the subject? It might be worth your time thinking about it.

I'm with all the 'don't do it' folks.

I have had a similar fantasy, hosting garden party here for our neighbors and wearing some kind of nice summer dress. I can say in the cold light of dawn that I am glad I didn't do it. All the perspectives people have offered are correct- the neighbors want a good meal and not to be part of my fantasy.

The garden party can only work when the guests know me, want to be at my party, and think it is perfectly normal to wear a cute dress.

Otherwise, I am imposing on them, roughly akin to talking non-stop about how transgender people should get respect! If you think this friend would be supportive, ask.
    We are all beautiful...!