Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: dinner party

Aspiring Member
    I think it might be better to meet her first in ordinary female clothing, and depending on her reaction maybe change into the maid outfit later.

My wife is going to talk with her friend first this weekend and we will see how that goes first

I think it is wonderful that your wife is supportive. I encourage you to let her be your public first- wear your maid dress over and over with her and talk about how you feel and why it is so attractive and satisfying. My bet is that after a bit you will have that itch scratched. You will have strengthened her ability to be a support for you, by focusing on the internal issues rather than the symbolic acting out- which is much more complicated when others are involved.

Maid uniforms are symbolic of a lot of things, not just being a willing, compliant, and sexy person who relishes flirtatious service. Involving others for whom maid means 'thankless housework' may hit too close to home, especially for women. Also, try to imagine a setting in which any female would choose to wear a maid dress to serve dinner to friends. It might be that you and your wife share an unspoken desire for role reversal, but maintaining the dominant/sub dynamic that is built into current gender norms, but tends to limit personal growth and true sharing. In all cases, the guest would feel like she was in a private showing of a play- rather than a normal dinner party.

You can help your wife by letting her talk through her wishes an hopes for the evening, and why inviting her friend seemed like a good idea.
    We are all beautiful...!

My late night epiphany: Why not leave your wife and her long term friend out of it. Invite your best buddy, or even your boss, over to watch the ball game. Surprise him when he arrives by wearing your maid uniform and then serve him drinks and snacks while the game plays on.

Well, Susan, regardless of which route you choose, I like your outfit and wish I had one of my own as I do a lot of cleaning around our home. I wishyou the very best and look forward to hearing how things turn out! Hugs, Jen

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phili View Post
    I'm with all the 'don't do it' folks.

I have had a similar fantasy, hosting garden party here for our neighbors and wearing some kind of nice summer dress. I can say in the cold light of dawn that I am glad I didn't do it. All the perspectives people have offered are correct- the neighbors want a good meal and not to be part of my fantasy.

The garden party can only work when the guests know me, want to be at my party, and think it is perfectly normal to wear a cute dress.

Otherwise, I am imposing on them, roughly akin to talking non-stop about how transgender people should get respect! If you think this friend would be supportive, ask.
    Well said, Phili.

Susan
    It was funny how some people jumped right to the sexy French maid outfit lol. Maybe you should have posted the uniform right away. If your wife talks to her a head of time and you don't think that she would tell the whole world your secret. (unless you don't care) Then have a great time.
    Connie

Reality Check
    I'll add one more thing. By inviting your wife's friend to dinner, she will feel captive to this entire event. If she is uncomfortable around you dressed as a woman (maid or not), she doesn't have a good way to get out of the situation. That's not fair to her. If you really think having your wife's friend know about your crossdressing is important, I suggest doing it under circumstances where she can escape without seeming rude.
    Krisi

I don't recall anyone yet bringing up an aspect that's been on my mind. That is, anyone who sees you dressed as your feminine self can pass that along - to whoever, wherever, whenever they want to. If you're okay with that, that's fine, your decision. I know from experience that it's already very difficult to maintain control of any information regarding our dressing. I've realized people knew through ways I had thought were totally secure. Happily, I didn't let it change me. I was just very surprised, and have been more selective in just who I place my confidence in. I hope it all turns out fun with everyone having a great time.

Reality Check
    Along the lines of Linda's post, if your goal is to let the world know you're a crossdresser, why not take it slow by coming and going from your hose dressed. Your neighbors will see you and eventually figure it out but without any pressure. They can come and talk to you about it or not, their choice. You could also go to public gatherings dressed and people can choose to talk to you or mingle with the rest of the crowd.
    Krisi