Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you need a man to help ?

Banned Read only

Do you need a man to help ?

I hope you all find this story as amusing as I did !

Yesterday I dressed early to give Carole a lift to the local hospital for an eye check. I returned to prepare a meal in the slow cooker . We decided then to take a trip to a large out of town depatment store , we were both dressed . I needed some new underwear and Carole wanted to check out some new dresses . So we did our shopping and went upstairs for a coffee in the coffee shop , near the entrance were three SAs trying to get a metal display rack apart . Now some women can handle tools OK and to some they are alien objects , to the girl wielding the hammer it definitely was alien , so I walked up fully dressed and made up and wig on and asked in a fairly soft voice and a smile on my face , " Do you need a man to help ? " The three girls looked at me and burst out laughing they could see I was having some fun with them .

As we sat down with our drinks , Carole said , " And you're suppose to be a lady !" She's right but I just can't help my sense of humour , I said when I first joined the forum that I would just be me when I did get out , whatever that is but I'm comfortable with it .

I have to say being out is proving so easy , to be able to walk through the women's section and take a dress or skirt off the rack and hold it aginst yourself to check how it looks in the mirror. To pick out underwear and discuss it with SAs without people batting an eyelid. The problem is you actually forget you are dressed as a woman , using a handbag and purse , it all soon feels very normal .

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Now that is confidence!
    Did they take you up on the offer and allow you to help?

Banned Read only
    Daisy,
    NO , Limp wrists go with my outfit, besides they were too busy laughing to carry on .

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    I can just imagine them at home later, husband says "how was your day?", wife replies "well you'll never believe it but this lady came up to me and ...........................". Better than a normal day for sure and humour leaves the best possible impression to be associated with people like us.

It was a good job Teresa had paid for her underwear, all it would have needed was to have her hammer in one hand and knickers in the other....................
    Carole

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

The girls should have answered "Yes, do you know one?"

Banned Read only
    Nicole,
    Yep, back to the passing question again , that's why I felt it could be a bit of fun playing on that point !

I visited my GG bestie and her husband in California last summer, I had a wonderful time...they had moved from a house to an apartment and were buying into a retirement manufactured housing community, their new home had been gutted and was being re-built.
    We dropped by one afternoon, I was in flats, capris, a really wonderful sleeveless top, moderate hoops in my ears - their GC was there with a couple of workers, I got drawn into a conversation with Aimee and the GC - I kind of floored him when I said "glad someone in California knows how to do drywall - everything I seen here has been S### work with stucco or a popcorn finish thrown on" The GC looked started - you know drywall? Aimee - she knows horsehair plaster and lathing, drywall, plastering, and you should see some of her wood, and metal work
    GC - metalwork?
    Me - journeyman blacksmith
    GC - not much call for that work around here, maybe Arizona - but if you come out here to stay Aimee has my card and I'm always looking for a good man
    uhhhhh
    Aimee - don't worry we all are (she can be smutty)
    Put the rock down, you live in a greenhouse.

I knew once you got out and about you'd take to it like a duck to water. Being out dressed as who you are is easy and feeling normal is the best part, soon at least for me, going out for almost everything and anything is en-femme. I've even got to the point that my birth gender is only with me for defensive purposes should they be needed when out. On a lighter note I think I would have used my deeper male voice just to see what the reaction would have been.
    "you are a strange species and there are many out there;shall I tell you what I find beautiful about you ,you are at your best when things are at their worst" ...[ Starman]
    It may of course be a bit disturbing to sense that one is really not so firmly anchored to the gender one was born into.

Teresa,

It is so good to see you being relaxed and enjoying life after the stress of the last several years. Keep it going and let us know some more amusing stories when you have them.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Well played Teresa.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I'm still chuckling visualizing the scene.

Teresa I love your sense of humor. I think we sometimes get way too caught up in trying to pass and forget how much fun dressing can be. We should all have your style and just be us. Your story was a great read and I got a chuckle out of it. Good job.

Teresa,

Your thread on passing adds substance to this. Your comment added so much to the day for those SA's. They saw the funny side of it. Perhaps this is just a good example of British humour of not taking ourselves too seriously.

I'm so please your confidence levels are rising. Moments like this are priceless and carry us forward. Keep up the good work.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Teresa,
    Great story. Well played.
    You seem to be finding yourself quite well.
    Not only did you bring some sunshine to yourself and the 3 SAs, you perhaps got the 3 SAs to think more favorably about our sisterhood.

Teresa

They just needed a lady with the right skills to solve the problem.

I have to confess I have played the damsel in distress to get help from a man when I needed some brute strenght.
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Some men find tools to be alien objects too. My father for one. He could spend a whole afternoon on a 10 minute project and still not get it done right.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Teresa your amazing, I love your sense of humor because lord knows so many here need it with what we all deal with.
    Thanks much for sharing such a good story, we can all learn from you and your perspective on things

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Teresa you are doing great and finally seeing how being you IS ok.
    Well played with the SA's.

Teresa, I loved your humor on that one! LOL
    Cynthia-Sounds like me!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

The avvy pic isn't me
    Well done Teresa, I agree, that's one of u doing our part to loosen society up and leave good impressions.

Kudos again.
    Cass

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Great story and uplifting too,and also a sign of great confidence.Mind you tools are like alien objects to me as well
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Well done Teresa!

My grandfather owned every tool known to man and was constantly browsing through catalogs and hardware stores looking for the next new thing that would magically turn him into a master carpenter. But they never did, and he had no talent for it whatsoever. All his projects looked like <expletive deleted> and most of them fell apart after a few months. But he enjoyed doing it and never got tired of buying and trying out new tools - that was his real hobby. He was a wonderful man and I loved him dearly, but he was not the guy you would ask to fix something around the house.

- Diane

Gold Member
    Do not be ashamed for helping the SA's
    I know a real GG that is a Union Carpenter,
    And she does High end trim; and is great at it.
    So act as a girl, and just use that hammer the
    right way.
    Rader

Well done Teresa. Perhaps you have good humor in that. But they should have asked if you know one. lol
    Part Time Girl