Thread: Not good

Not good

Having been recently found out by wife and fearing the worst, it didn't happen instead she told to move my stash in case the grand children were to find it.
    She said I could have some closet space in our room. I was over the moon with this and moved everything into said closet, today however she has had a look in there and gone mad.
    I thought that when she found my stuff that was the end of it, she it seems had only found some lingerie and stockings. Now she has seen my wigs, dresses and heels it's like a whole new ballgame, she is "NOT HAPPY". I'll let you ladies know how this pans out.

Hugs,

Tracyxx

Hope everthing works out. But it may take her some time

This is precisely why we need to put all our cards on the table very early in a relationship.
    Jon

I think more open conversation with her may help. Be honest and explain it is the attraction to the cloths, not you wanting to transition (unless) you are. Explain you are the guy she married and nothing has changed or will. My advise is simple, but it may help to the more informed on the forum show up with plenty of words of wisdom. The very best to you and yours.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Another case of the "green light syndrome". Looks like you pushed too hard and she can't handle it.
    Maybe in time she will but for now you are in a tight spot. You can pack up your stuff because its obvious she is un accepting. You could rent a small storage unit somewhere and put all your stuff there.Just don't tell her where it is.

Silver Member
    Keep your stuff in the closet. I'm thinking she expected more femme things (closet space for just lingerie and stockings???), but may have been overwhelmed by the amount of things you have. You might ask her if that could be the case. If she says it was, suggest that she help you select items to go to a charity shop.

Tracy,

Let's face facts, there's a world of difference from a husband wearing a few frilly things to one that is full on femme dresser. This is going to come as a huge shock so it's unsurprising that the fireworks have gone off.

How you deal with it depends largely upon your SO's general acceptance of Trans folk. The very fact that she was Okay with a bit of lingerie does bode well. Many a partner would be volcanic even at that revelation. I'm afraid it's going to be down to your judgement as to how and when you approach this. It does seems that at some point a bit of apologetic grovelling may be in order. Just how much will depend upon your knowledge of the relationship.

We often write about just how much we still fear the disdain and ridicule "Trannies" and CD'ers have been portrayed by society. It's possible she'll understand how that has been a driving factor in your keeping this side of yourself hidden. Fear of rejection, fear of loosing the entire relationship drives much of our secrecy. Explaining that may help.

What ever you read here, my words included, I would advise that at the end of the day it's down to you to consider the best way forward based on your knowledge of the relationship. Don't rush it, conversely don't ignore it. Do what you feel is best.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Because my wife was told at the very start I have not had to hide anything and have plenty closet space. She knows what and where everything is and even put items away after doing laundry. But with retirement things have greatly changed. When she was working ( I am retired) I could dress any day/all day. Now I can't because she is home every day. I get frustrated and keep putting off talking to her about it. This is my bad.

I think your wife will warm up given time. She now knows what and where everything is. Talk to her about it and see if you can arrive at a working solution to allow you dressing time.

All too familiar situation for a lot of us.

Give her the space allow her the time to understand or at least try to understand.

I replied in a post earlier this morning actually in the "I need some advice from you" thread. That shared my similar story.

I wont rewrite it here but in summary, I several what I call involuntary purges by my wife, and they ended up being good for her to the point that she learned more about what crossdressing is about and not the myth that we were sexual deviants or perverts, we just appreciated some of the same things that they do.

It may take time it may never happen but she is your wife and any relationship need to have compromise to be successful.

Good luck I hope you can work things out.

Thin the wardrobe space out an put the rest aside for now.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Good luck Tracy, seems like you were on slightly different pages. Hopefully she will get over her initial shock, be very patient..
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Oh...... been there, done that.
    Though the wife has never touched my stuff or threatened to. But I know how the "blow ups" come and go.
    Good luck, and peace be with you.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Tracy, sometimes the reality is different than what someone believes the reality is, especially for wives. I wish you well.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

A CDer's wardrobe can grow out of control if you let it. It needs to be weeded and trimmed now and then!
    Good Luck.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Hummm sounds very familiar as I had some quick change things under our bed ( wig, forms, bra) and what set her off was the boobs and was told to move it to a suitcase in the closet which I have done and yes she also said so the grandkid doesn't find the things and I am thinking ok he's 1 he has seen opa dressed without the wig. ( oh the wig get him upset quick lol)
    and that is my 2 cents
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

good luck, the only thing my wife was upset over was the breast forms and wigs, as far as hiding I have a huge gun safe and I keep a locker in it for wigs and shoes and forms my outfits hide in the closet and lingerie in a dresser we share for those items ...she still prefer me wigless which I find strange but I aim to please
    Look at me, a LARGE power lifting man and under all of this Makeup & Lace and if I can look pretty than so can you!