Thread: Dressed Pretty in Las Vegas

Silver Member

Dressed Pretty in Las Vegas

If you've ever openly CDed in LV, I'd appreciate your thoughts.

The several times I've driven from OC to LV I've done so fully femme, top to bottom. Then I'd change back to full boy mode before I'd check into the hotel. I'll be driving fully femme to LV on the 15th for the DLV week, and I soooo want to arrive, valet park and check into the Flamingo without changing back to boy mode. I'll be simply dressed to hopefully blend.

If you have ever done it, how did it go? what problems did you have, if any? If you had to 'explain' or wanted to, what did you say/do? How did you deal with the quizzical looks or comments from people (I plan to smile a lot)?

Thanks, my sisters, for helping this old gal.

I have been to DLV a few times and dressed 7/24 for a week. Drove dressed and checked in fully dressed. Not a problem at all. The first time I went I got on the elevator to go to my room after checking in. A full men's rugby team also got on. A shock then afu time talking to them. You can not go wrong in Vegas

I plan on moving in a few months and I’ll be 1 1/2 hours away from Vegas. So hopefully I’ll be able to do that as well. So many interesting people in Vegas, no one really cares and if they do they are probably just drunk idiots to get their buddies to laugh

Took a late evening walk to find some geo caches. Under dressed but with my small forms in. Relatively tight t shirt so I definitely felt out there. Walking across the intersection full of cars with headlights shining on me several times was met with no reaction, honking or drama. A bit of a rush, but in the end, all is good. +1 for Vegas being cd friendly.

I go to LV often on business. I wouldn't even consider NOT going out fully en femme every night. Don't worry about it.

I'm pretty much like Cynthia - I travel to LV on business frequently and very often go out dressed. I've never had a problem at all, and I've been treated very well. I've even had passer-by's say "nice dress" or something like that (other women), who though likely clocked me, were saying it in a nice and not mocking fashion. Do it. I'm sure they've seen it, and you will be treated well.

Note: If you flip through my profile and "started threads", you'll find some pics with also some short stories about my LV excursions.
    Letting the girl in me out.
    More pictures here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/165304654@N04/albums

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I’ve been to Vegas several times and been out dressed as well even to a couple of shows. Never had an issue.
    You will be just fine. Hope you enjoy it I always do

I didn't arrive en femme, so I can't speak to that. Everything I have done en femme was just fine, although I am still nervous because these are the only times I have been out among people.

My experiences were positive enough that we are planning to move there this summer.

I documented the two excursions for your reading pleasure. Rather than repeating the stories again, I will simply point you to them if you are interested.

Las Vegas show: https://crossdresserreport.com/cross...vas-las-vegas/

My first restaurant outing: https://crossdresserreport.com/cross...y-thai-bistro/

My suggestion, based upon my experience, is that you should go ahead and do it! Enjoy!

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

I have been to Las Vegas a few times dressed. I am going there Sunday as a matter of fact and will spend the day dressed.. I checked into the hotel dressed with my male ID and everything was fine. The woman at the desk complimented my nails and we chatted about the drive from LA. I spent hours playing blackjack and had a great time with everyone at the table.
    Pat,
    I geocache also.

If you can get past the tourists gaping at you, you'll be fine. The locals won't notice.

Jen,

Considering that you are coming to Las Vegas for the expressed purpose of participating in a big CD/TG event....... I think the front desk will be quite disappointed if you DON'T arrive as Jenny.
    And (for me) the quizzical looks or comments are part of the fun. You may be disappointed in them too. It's Las Vegas. Do you really think you can show them something they haven't seen before.
    Go for it , girl. At least you are out of the house, liberated, free to spend a week or long weekend as nothing but Jenny. Bless your heart. Enjoy.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

I got a couple of glances from tourists whilst I was talking to the local girls handing out cards that said "Girl in your room in 20 minutes".

For fun I handed some out as well and the only comment was from a lady who said, "You can visit my husband anytime, it would be poetic justice."

She was good natured about it and we all had a good laugh.

I moved on before I got arrested. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Although I have gone out many times "dressed" I do not think it is as accepted as in LV. I often feel that I am going to get caught. I would love to go to Vegas and be relaxed while in my feminine role.
    Love, Sabrina

If this helps, next week (same time as DLV) there will be over 100,000 LA film/television types in town for NAB, who are notoriously liberal. Probably the same reason hotels are expensive next week. You’re great! Do it!

NAB is this coming week. I will be there dressed tomorrow for the drive and evening but not for the show.Too bad that it isn't the same week as DLV. I would like to meet some of the people here.

Las Vegas was my worst experience for dressing up, out of town. The people who operated the hotels and restaurants were awesome. The drunk tourists on the street, not so much. I've traveled to several locales dressed but Vegas was the worst for people staring, pointing and even making rude comments. I've rarely received a glance in other cities but the transphobic tourists of Vegas were the worst. I'd never go back even in drab.
    They/Them
    I love dressing as a woman.

Silver Member
    Thanks so much, ladies, for your positive and uplifting remarks. Ilene, your comment, "the quizzical looks or comments are part of the fun" sorta says it all. Now, I gotta be me, I gotta be me!

I find it funny that your Ok driving from LA to Vegas though redneck country dressed, but you change when you actually get there. This is so backwards to me.

Silver Member
    T'would seem so, Micki. I can make the trip without stopping, so no up close exposure to the public, but I'm ready, now. Thanks for your past offers to help me.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I live in LV. It's customary to be dressed somewhat while you are here. How you want to present is really up to you.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I have dressed many times in Las Vegas, I would say it depends on the situation. Most tourist friendly establishments are welcoming by the staff, the gawking will come by the other tourists. As always, there are safety in numbers but I have gone solo on several occasions as well.

Good experiences - Las Vegas sign at night, The Peppermill, Chandalier Bar at Cosmopolitan, reception desk at Cosmopolitan, Bellagio, Paris, Mon Ami Gabi at Paris, Orleans (with a group of friends), Fantastic Indoor Swap Meet, Du Barry Fashions (amazing costume jewelry store)

Have fun and be safe.
    Rebecca Bas