Thread: Left over right or.....

Left over right or.....

I was stood on the platform (in drab) waiting for a train and observed a 20'ish GG in a skirt and 2" ankle boots on the opposite platform. She was stood with her right leg crossed over the left, right foot turned turned to the right.

It's one of those things you see, or the mirror image, regularly if you look for it. I've tried it and I can't say it's particularly a more comfortable stance than just legs parallel. So is it one of those learned behaviours GG's have, a mannerism we need to add to our data bank of femme gestures or just a more comfortable way for standing in heels?
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    I do it instinctively. Weight on left leg (straight) with right leg crossed over the front and toes on the ground for balance. Just seems the right way to stand still when not wearing trousers. Maybe I'm keeping my legs warm but never really thought about it. Going to have to do some people watching tomorrow.

She's probably a dancer of some sort. Ballet maybe?
    "Samm" Sammara Michaels

I also speak fluent sarcasm

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Don't think I've gave it a thought (I might do so now),I was told once that standing with leg crossed over makes for a better,more feminine look,as in my profile pic
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

When I get an opportunity to look at a girl like that, the train usually arrives on time.

Damn London Transport. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Sounds similar or perhaps is, a pose I observed awhile back on BBTh when Kaley Cuoco was in a scene with everyone but not a part of the active dialogue for just a few minutes. She is enjoyable to watch because she looks, acts, and they always have her dress very "girly."

Another vote for ballet, its not a very natural stance for anyone surely?
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Quote Originally Posted by Becky Blue View Post
    its not a very natural stance for anyone surely?
    I had to laugh as I read this, as I'm standing exactly as described. I will admit i'm not exactly "normal" so you may have a valid point.

I also had to smile at this, for me standing with one leg crossed over the other, seems and feels like a very natural pose. Not sure if I'm always a left over right, (sounds like a knot tying instructions ). or right over left. The interesting thing is that my wife is a former professional dancer and ballet dance teacher, and she never stands with her legs crossed

I’m a Yogi, I stand that way. It’s a habit.
    Lace and Smiles
    Lisa

She maybe needed the loo Helen................. ok hat, coat and gloves time!
    Carole

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

Cross the leg over you will, hmmmm. Wait, that was Yoda not Yogi. Yogi was the bear. Sorry.

Right over Left, back of left hand on left hip, right hand slightly right at shoulder height with a Cornetto ice-cream in it!

And I'm set Helen!

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

She could have just been practicing her Twister moves.

Banned Read only
    I can't believe nobody knows this, standing with one leg in front makes you look better, GG's have been doing this like forever.

This is a fairly good explanation I found.

If you look at the two pictures, you'll notice that the woman with her legs crossed automatically creates an illusion of additional curves. There is extreme narrowness at the knees. This gives the illusion that the hips are slightly wider, and consequently, the waist is slightly smaller. It creates the look of a double figure 8, the larger curves accentuating the thinness of the smaller curves.

crossedc.jpgoopenc.jpg

https://www.quora.com/Why-do-women-s...r-legs-crossed
    Last edited by Robertacd; 04-06-2018 at 10:36 AM.

When I read the title of this thread I thought we were talking about reef knots!( right over left then left over right)! Lol never did I dream that it was related to legs certainly something to thing about.
    Carole you hit the nail just right!!!
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

We see models and stars on the red carpet stand or pose this way. We try to stand with that look as much as possible. It's all a matter of balance and a feeling gained when sucessful

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    When Carole was making that comment she may have been thinking of me, it's usually the first thing on my mind when we go anywhere , where's the loos ? Maybe I stand like that most of the time but it's something I hadn't thought about , yes I do tend to when putting fuel in the car and waiting at the supermarket checkout .