Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing as a stress relief

Relaxing...Yes. Focusing....Yes. For some of the work I do I write, and "Jenn" time can help focus me and trap me in the house, stopping me from getting distracted by things that I would do outside the house (I am don't openly dress and other than my wife, who is fortunately a willing participant in "Jenn" time"). It can be strangely productive as well as an obviously enjoyable diversion, hobby, etc. for me.

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    My wife actually mentioned this to me, saying that it seemed like I dress more when stressed out. I agree to an extent. I didn’t add that I also get the urge whenever a new package comes for me too lol
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Like Marika, I find that I am less stressed and much more productive when I am dressed. It seems that the warm feeling of being feminine makes me want to live to the fullest.

Platinum Member
    I've always been of the opinion I am harboring a sister inside myself. She realizes when her brother needs to just let her come out and play. She gives her brother relief from stresses of life. A counselor I see for combat related issues (Vietnam) is of the opinion each person has some degree of dna of the opposite sex within them. In some it is more than others. If I accept that premise it does seem to reconcile what I feel and have experienced. When I was a combat infantryman slogging through rice patties my male dna/hormones were raging. It was survival. Sex and anything sexual was immaterial. Of course, when the stress of remembering those days arises to the nth degree, it seems as if Stephanie arises to shield her brother from mental turmoil. Some relieve those stresses with alcohol, drug abuse, risky behavior. I consider loosing myself in my femme world as less risky and less injurious than other ways to expunge the past. I also found a decrease in a need or desire to wear women's clothing when my wife was diagnosed and battling breast cancer for two years. The hormones of protector arose. Stephanie probably was just smiling in the back of my brain, nodding her approval, thinking "He has it all together right now!"

I chuckle a little when I read postings of some spending the day preening themselves before a mirror, and, trying on dresses. I spend the day doing the domestic chores most women complain about, if they have husbands who do not lift a finger around the house. To me, it is relaxing and a productive manner for Stephanie to be present.

I don't know how this all started. Maybe it is by design. Or not. It is immaterial.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Storm View Post
    Huge stress relief for me, it allows me to escape the world I live in everyday, allows me to forget all the male things and disappear into another world...sighs and the more comfortable I become as a CD with my wife and friends the more I really relax and forget about my stress
    Totally I agree that it is a stress relief especially when you have nothing to do all day life myself with the house all to myself and I get play dress up and enjoy being Judy

Aspiring Member
    Definitely a major and significant aspect of my crossdressing.
    No other activity produces such a feeling of inner calm.

Marina, though there is no explanation for this I am firmly convinced it works, wonder if we should submit the practice to the AMA for those with Anxiety disorders, can't hurt!

Platinum Member
    Hi Asew , Crossdressing makes me forget all the worlds troubles. >Orchid..++..
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I have been using crossdressing as a relief from stress for more than 40 years. It probably kept me from total mental breakdown on more than one occasion.

this is an example of relief from being a hypermasculine male.

Hypermasculinity is a psychological term for the exaggeration of male stereotypical behavior, such as an emphasis on physical strength, aggression, and sexuality.

In reference to Sammi's comments about going outside, and that increase in stress... I have that of course and barely go outside of my own home while dressed, but I also find some relief in that I'm dressing (being) how I like. And yes, I get a lot of stress relief from dressing while at home without the 'outside' stress of being seen.

Stephanie, I feel the same way you describe in your post.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Fortunately I don't have a lot of stress in my life now that I'm retired. However with less stress I still feel calmer and happier when I'm lounging around the house with my wife while dressed. I can not explain why I feel calmer and happier but then I can't really explain why I do what I do.

Ohmygosh, it's like a whole layer of B.S. Just melts away,

Or fresh water for a fish in a bowl.

Xox,

Tina

For me crossdressing has always been a way to relieve my stress. For years a lot of the stress was created by my having to dress and present as a man. The dressing put me into a different state of mind. Since I came to peace with myself, the dressing is a way to let off the stress what went on during my day. If I don't dress for a few days my wife tells me she can tell the difference on how I am between dressed and not dressed.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If it works for you then its all good.

I guess it has had the opposite effect on me for a while, before I stopped doing it.

Yes it is a great stress reliever. The best as a matter of fact.
    At work (male outter clothes) a number of years ago. Every Dept was stuck on a problem. The area big cheese was in and jumping down every one's throat. When asked for a solution some one said give it to anyone other office. We were the 4th office to have the same problem. I asked why we were being given the third degree. The you know what hit the proverbial fan. I was told to take my intelligent butt home to think about what I said.
    Extremely tense I went home. I was cursing at every turn. I decided to get dressed and forget about everything at work. I got dressed, relaxed and made an extra dry martini. Then another and another and another yada yada yada. I fell asleep (wife called it passed out). I woke up hours later, all of a sudden the light went on. It was so simple. Over the weekend I did a report. Monday I went to my boss, the area boss was still there.
    Both big shots read my report. I was called into the office. They raved over what I had done. The area boss said I don't know what you did over the weekend but don't ever stop. In an avid voice I said YES SIR.
    That is just one situation. It actually works every day. I just get a chuckle when I remember the big boss telling me to keep cross dressing. Well that's how I took it to mean.

Good morning, Like many here cross dressing is a necessity not so much a choice. I went on a 1,300 mile motorcycle ride, and just being around so much testosterone, and the competitive nature, I found myself thinking about dressing. I knew that when I got home I was going to put on a dress. I find it relaxing even if I stay home, just walking around the place dressed enfemme relaxes me. Much to my frustration I have been back for a week now and am still waiting for the opportunity
    Last edited by BrendaPDX; 07-03-2018 at 08:16 AM.

This has been a very helpful thread for me.
    Thanks
    Sharon

I think it can be a good outlet for stress relief, though I'm not sure if it's because I get to be someone different or that I get to let a part of me that's usually hidden.

yes for sure for me at least I think that stress does come into the equation strongly, especially on those days when one has to be in drab then the need to revert and dress is strong simply because I am and I suppose many of you as well find drab clothes so terribly uncomfortable. For the rest of the time I find great comfort and peace of mind in dressing, this is where I feel my true self, where I am supposed to exist and how my life should be lead. For the most part my life is peaceful and quiet.
    I started life a lost man now I am a found woman

Explorer
    For sure... some day it's overwhelming that I want to wear heels and my short, sassy brown hair.
    Other days i'm just not feeling it... I've definitely been able to attach the "want for Jessika" to stress sometimes. I just figured it was a way to not be my public self and everything goes with it... responsibilities, etc.

Working at home, dressed to the nines... if they only knew on the other side of those Skype conference calls... :-)

For me it is a huge stress reliever, for me the anticipation looking forward to it and the drive out (it is always out of town for work, and sometimes the drive is in heels!) are a part of it too. When I arrive I first get clean, dressed up & relax, then it's party & picture time!

It's definitely a form of stress relief for me, it feels so nice to just fully embrace my inner woman lol I feel really uncomfortable when I go a few days without wearing one of my dresses or skirts