Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In all seriousness...with the exception of obvious artistic expression...

In all seriousness...with the exception of obvious artistic expression...

...should the forum allow the posting of photoshopped pictures? Or, in other words, should the forum expect pics to accurately represent reality and not allow uploading of "fake" or "doctored" pictures?
    Wearing my fuschia bodycon dress:
    http://imgur.com/6WkdAts
    For the first time, outdoors during the day:
    http://i.imgur.com/RmjIxbY.jpg

Ideally, photographs should be a true representation and free of any digital manipulation. If there are any such changes, however, the author should make that statement very clear.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    No need---a "Doctored" image would reflect bad on the submitter. I think it is OK to adjust brightness and contrast, or perhaps soften the focus. I se no harm in "zapping out" a mole or zit or filling in a missing tooth (Ive done the latter a few years back) but that should be the limit. reshaping bodies or swapping heads, etc, the big stuff, should be frowned on----unless, as you say, it is stated as being an "artistic expression".

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I am against limiting someone's freedom to do what they wish with their own property.
    So are you next going to demand members show a pic of themselves in their avatar?
    If so you will see the membership here dwindle down to nothing.

Platinum Member
    It seems to me that people here, quite justifiably, present themselves as they wish to be seen....to the extent that they can.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Each to their own,I don't think it needs to be a rule we all do what's the most comfortable for each of us
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Banned Spammer
    Personally if someone wants to use software to enhance their make up then fine I have no problem with that at all.
    A lot here do it and have done it for as long as I have been a member. They still look like themselves just better make up.No harm in that at all.
    Just recently I found software that is easy to use and enhanced my avatar pic but I still look like me.

I change the contrast and brightens, crop, and if the background could be recognized I sometimes will edit it.
    I don't like to edit myself, because any positive comment on my looks would not be real.

I found that with a good foundation and contouring makeup and good lighting that it's actually easier to look good than Photoshop.
    Getting the hair to look good and natural is a pain and time consuming.
    I do admit when I dress I take about 40 photos with different poses and wigs and only show what I feel looks best.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

I Agree with Tracii G. My avatar is actually a pencil drawing of an angel, based on a detail from Leonardo Davinci's "Madonna of the rocks". As such, I feel it represents me better than any photograph could, because it is the most accurate expression of my creative imagination, physical skill and self perception at the time I made it. If someone works with photoshop, to the best of their ability, it is as valid as any photograph they could have made, just by pushing a button. It comes art, instead of journalism.
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    I don’t wish to do anything to my photos as has been said I want to be as real looking as possible.
    Since I go out why would I care to doctor my pictures, just to get a positive feedback that might make me think I’m passing
    better? No I’m as real as they get

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    As long as Facebook, Instagram and snap-chat allow Kim Kardashian to post Photoshop pictures , then YES we cannot loose the Photoshop Cold War
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57

Have you discussed this with a site admin? I'm pretty sure this is a non-starter as far as the staff is concerned.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    If I can step outside the door looking the way I do and for everyone to see why would I want to post something different on here. Of course there are fun threads like the 'magazine covers' we had recently, but while I really have no issues with people enhancing their pictures my avatars are exactly as taken (except for cropping and light adjustment if needed)
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Silver Member
    Is a photoshopped picture any worse than someone taking a 100 or 1000 photos and selecting one that is better by far than all the others?

I think there is no hard or fast rule. I agree with cropping to remove something recognisable. I also dont think there is anything wrong with brightening or dulling or even sharpening the focus. Where the line gets drawn in my opinion is when someone starts enhancing or modifying to make them look better/more feminine.

I also think its ok to cover up a prominent pimple or scar that could make you very recognisable. That happened to me years ago, I managed to cut my nose in a very strange way (Don't ask) anyone who saw any pics of me would instantly know. So do I not take pics or do I photoshop the cut out?

It comes down to deceit, is the use of photoshop deceiving anyone?

I myself only modify my pictures if I am doing something obvious and artistic.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Is anything here representing reality? I view the pictures here as a form of expression and one should be able to perfect their image as they see fit.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Well, I look like Disneyland in my present avatar.

If retouched photos are not presented as your true self Ifeel it is okay.

Mine are retouched to hide the horns coming out if my head and as for the tail with a spike on it, I think photoshop does a good job hiding that. :-)

Other retouching silicone boobs and hip padding?

Ban that too?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I'm chuckling to myself as I read your question through the eyes and mind of someone who is still baffled by this "CD thing" (someone like my best friend and wife).
    I can hear her now. Worried about fake or photoshopped pictures. Ladies.... nearly every thing about what you do and how you appear as women (some exceptions of course), is "fake"; wigs as fake hair, fake boobs, body shaping pads, corsets, etc.

Nikki, if this were a competition CD forum, you would win hands down. You're that good. Love your glam. But one of the things I have always appreciated here is a missing dynamic. I've never seen anyone [openly] try to "out-do" or "out-CD". If I missed something, let me know. And Nikki, you're not doing that by asking either.
    This forum is more intellectual and informative than titillating. More friendly than phony. The girls who post here have always displayed a remarkable honesty about themselves, their photos, their lives and issues. Love this place for the wisdom and fun it brings. Good clean fun too.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Seriously? There are pictures of men here dressed as women and you think they should be banned from improving the image because it is not the 'true' person? Do you realise how ridiculous that suggestion sounds? Maybe we should ban makeup for exactly the same reasons, it does nothing more than improve the image. And while we are at it, what about wigs?

I have not yet posted any piccys of me here, but if/when i do i would not enhance them and try to improve the image. I just wouldn't feel right about doing that.
    Eventually i would like to meet other CDers, so if i edited my photo's it would be blatantly obvious when they see me in person anyway.
    However, if others want to enhance their photo's that's entirely up to them.
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

OK my two cents....miss nikiwindser. I seen what your talking about and sense what your trying to express. My suggestion to start a thread of your own and name it; no photo shop pics but the real deal me.....Then people who take doctored photos can rock out to what ever floats their boat.

//Kara//
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

An interesting question Nikki, but as you can see by the responses the use of Photoshop spans such a huge spectrum it would probably be impossible to draw the proverbial line in the sand.

My iPhone doesn't take indoor photos as well as the DSLR I had back in Canada so I always have to adjust the exposure, shadows, temperature, tint etc. to get the photo to approximate the true colours and lighting. In this case I have adjusted the photo closer to what it is in reality.

If the edges of my breast forms or breastplate are showing I will photoshop them out because I find it distracting in the photo. Is that being dishonest when everyone here knows the boobs are not really mine.

Once and a while I will remove a bruise or cut from my frequent DIY projects but again is that being deceptive?

I have played around with digital botox and removed facial wrinkles but if I posted something like that here I would be up front about it.

I have seen a couple of popular crossdressers on Flickr where to me it is quite obvious they usually photoshop their head onto other actual female bodies or radically enhance their facial features. I guess that is where my line in the sand would start as far as being deceptive and dishonest.

As a few others have said I think most people on the forum try to present their best honest representation as possible because for many of us since we are not out in public or our wives don't want to see our female side this is where we can get sincere feedback on our transformation efforts.

Not a good idea for all the reasons already mentioned, plus it would be impossible, or impractical, to enforce.

Banned Spammer
    I seems common these days that people that don't like something think they have a right to tell others they can't do whatever that thing is.
    I see it on facebook all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by DaisyLawrence View Post
    Maybe we should ban makeup for exactly the same reasons
    Exactly what I was thinking. By definition, makeup is a cosmetic used to enhance or alter ones appearance. It is the analog version of Photoshop.