Thread: Time for Me

Time for Me

So home alone for a few hours and making the most of it. A chance to get fully dressed sans makeup and as an added bonus, an opportunity to wear my new heels for a few hours and move towards getting them broken in in readiness for my next Helen away days.

Forms warmed and just becoming part of me. Corset and hip pads giving me those curves that seem to accentuate themselves when walking. You’ll know I’m sure the feeling of just being comfortable if I can put it that way. Doing a few chores, making myself lunch, spending time writing down these thoughts. All done slightly differently to when in drab.

I can’t add much more. I just felt the desire to express myself before time plots against me and it’s off with the nice things and on with the mundane. Still, every little helps.

Spookily as I was about to post the first thread in the list was JaniceP posting similar thoughts. Obviously, great minds think a like.
    Last edited by Helen_Highwater; 04-07-2018 at 12:13 PM.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Helen

I was really surprised to feel how nice some foam pads felt in a dress, and I can really see how easy it is to identify with prosthetics and enjoy the flow, fitting a look we are so familiar with.

I can't bear the idea of makeup so I don't want to go all the way, but it is a very interesting fact that our sense of body can expand to include pads and forms so easily.

Enjoy it to the hilt!
    We are all beautiful...!

Hi Helen,
    I have this weekend to dress and enjoy my dressing . I relate to your feelings because I have them as well ,it’s great feeling isn’t it.!
    I keep my makeup to a minimum just a little eyeliner and lipstick maybe a little eye brow work . I am only able to get out and do a little yard work,but it’s so much more fun dressed,the feel of the breeze and the warmth of the sun ,I helps me feel free
    xox

Banned Read only
    Helen,
    Even now I'm living alone , time for me isn't always available , I now have all the chores and jobs to do myself . After so much rain the lawns wanted mowing , the edges needed straightening , there was the supermaket to trawl round and then all the home accounts and paperwork to do . Today I didn't dress till 5.00pm when I finally sat down and had a meal and a beer . At the moment I'm not getting time to think about full time , if I do it's not after hours of pampering . A total shower and shave takes about twenty minutes makeup about ten minutes dress and out the door , at the end of the day it still felt as good possibly because it's how most GGs have to fit it all in .

Teresa,

Life does sometimes get in the way of doing what you'd want to. Somehow we all find our own equilibrium.

Helen,
    I know it is wonderful to get time.

I thought you had plenty of opportunities already?

Make the most of what you get.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Helen,

As much as we talk about the chances to get out and mingle with the rest of the world, it's still just as wonderful sometimes to get that quiet "me" time at home. Breaking in shoes, finding a new skirt/top combination, organizing your purse or just surfing the web are all examples of time well spent in my eyes. I've had two of my granddaughters living with me for the last year so I don't get it as much as I'd like (nor as much as I think I deserve), so an afternoon or evening when they spend time with other family become my moments of restoration. I'm glad you are getting your time in and recognizing the value it offers.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    Helen,
    I know it is wonderful to get time.

I thought you had plenty of opportunities already?
    Beverley,

Most days i get usually 2'ish hours to dress in a skirt but fully dressed is much rarer. Four out of five Saturdays I get 4-5 hrs home alone and that's when I can go the whole 8 1/2 yards.