Thread: Hormone therapy fat redistribution(M-F)

Hormone therapy fat redistribution(M-F)

Those who have or are taking hormone therapy where has all the fat redistribution taken place? Is it necessary for you to wear hip or other bottom padding? I am mostly just curious! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Hi Lana May!

This is a subject that I love because I am still amazed at the changes in my body after a little over four months of HRT, and at 70 years young. First I have to qualify my experience with the disclosure that I am a very fit person that exercises daily and is almost 6 ft tall and weighs 152 Lbs. I believe I have a body that is exceptionally responsive to HRT.

Beside growing noticeable breasts on what was a completely flat, skinny chest, I have experienced a fattening of my cheeks that results in a more feminine appearance, a flattening of my belly, and a noticeable increase in my hips and but. My wife independently verifies of all this, so it is not just wishful thinking!

So I have thrown out all my cross dressing pads, silicone, and breast forms and go out every day as me. I do use some push up pads in my bra, they are essential to protect my hypersensitive nipples from any accidental blows, plus if I wear skinny jeans I usually add some female padded panties to help with the fit, but never with skirts or dresses.

May your experience be even better!

My face has definitely changed, I have a "crease" now - I finally have enough development that my breasts are folding over, so I suppose a bra is probably going to replace the tight cami I've usually made do with, my thighs and bottom are a lot plumper. I've been losing weight while all of this is accelerating, so the odd thing for me is I've developed the little fat pad below my navel/between the wings of my hops, and there is a layer forming over the pubic arch.
    I've always hated hip pads - so I've pretty much done without them.
    Put the rock down, you live in a greenhouse.

same here. I'm noticing bigger butt/hip area, some fat below the navel, and a slimmer waist, with skirts looser around there. strange, unexpected, not complaining :-)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Dorit-Thanks for sharing!
    Rachael-Thanks for sharing!
    Pamela-Thanks for sharing! No, I would not complain either!
    Thank you Ladies!
    Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    According to my measurements - 9 months on E - all things are in inches:
    - chest +1.5
    - below chest - same
    - waist - same
    - butt - +1.25
    - legs - same

So apparently I'm getting boobs and a butt!

Lana Mae -- The answer to all questions involving hormones is "it depends." How much the fat redistributes depends on your reaction. If that redistribution is enough for you to accept your look without padding depends on how you react to what you see in the mirror.

I never wore padding other than breast forms and when I was just a few months in on hormones I had enough breast development that I stopped wearing the forms. Nobody but me could see the development at that point, but I knew and I was the only one that had to. I always had a flat guy-butt and would buy jeans in Junior's sizes because they're cut tighter in the seat and thighs than Women's jeans. Even then, the seat would sag and I could grab an inch of fabric on the thigh. Now, 20 months in on hormones, I can still wear those jeans, but they're very tight in the thigh and the seat has only one wrinkle left where the seat joins the thigh -- I see lots of women with the same wrinkle, so I think I'm in spec, but definitely still have an inverted triangle shape. While I by no means have an hourglass shape, I note that I have a slight inward curve to the waist caused by my chest and hips getting larger, not my waist getting smaller.

Your mileage, of course, will vary.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

After 2+ years on HRT my measurements are 34-28-35. My shoulders are broad, although I comfortably wear size small shirts from Express, so they're not super broad. But they're still broader than cis women who have comparable measurements, so I feel like I'd benefit from a few more inches on my hips to balance my proportions better. So although I never wear hip/butt pads, I'm thinking about getting a Brazilian Butt Lift in another year or two if i don't get more fat redistributed to my hips/butt from HRT.

Aspiring Member
    If you’re a 34, I dunno how you can have broad shoulders! I think if i got really lean I might be able to get down to a 38, and I’m not really fat now, bit of a tummy. And I’m around 5’7”. Classic V upper back to shoulder s Maybe on hrt my lats would shrink and i could get to 36.

Well, when I was in Thailand last year, I went shopping for clothing, and the salesman who took my measurements loudly exclaimed, "you have broad shoulders!". So I'm quite certain I have broad shoulders. And several months before that trip, I had my bust measured by a saleswoman at Victoria's Secret, and she determined I'm a 34A, and that's the bra size I currently wear. So yes, I'm a 34 with broad shoulders, lol.

Maybe my shoulders aren't broad by western standards, but by Asian standards they definitely are. And I'm Asian, so I hold myself to Asian standards. Anyway, the size of my shoulders definitely causes me the most dysphoria. And sadly there's no safe surgical solution to narrowing them, so I'm trying to learn to accept it. But it's hard. Sometimes I think about my Asian cis women friends who were swimmers in high school, and they had broad shoulders, yet were still considered beautiful and popular, so that helps a little. And it's not a hindrance to my ability to pass, as long as I dress appropriately for my body type, so I try to look at the bright side. It's still hard though.

Anyway back to fat redistribution, my measurements pre-HRT used to be 36-32-33, so yes, I definitely benefited from HRT fat redistrbution. What surprised me the most was how much my waistline shrank (totally did not expect that!)
    Last edited by Mirya; 04-12-2018 at 11:14 AM. Reason: formatting

Mirya, don't feel bad! I am 44-40-41 preHT! I am considering hormones but have not moved in that direction yet! Thanks for posting! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!

Mirya,

Quote Originally Posted by Mirya View Post
    Well, when I was in Thailand last year

That right there should raise a flag for you. Compared to them, everyone has broad shoulders.
    Those Thai girls(s) are like toothpicks in how tiny/thin they are. (grumble about European heritage)

Hugs
    Peta
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 04-13-2018 at 02:28 AM. Reason: Corrected quoting mechanism
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum posts both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal action.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Peta, did you not notice the fact (later in the same post) that Myria is from Asia so it is perfectly reasonable for her to compare herself to other Asian women?
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity