Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you a CDer because of this?

No. Those things pretty much didn't exist when I started cross-dressing. And yes, much younger that. Early grade school.

Silver Member
    I'm surprised at the number who viewed the post. Anyoldhow, if you'd like to see and learn more about these activities, Google womanless pageants. Many pretty people!

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ressie View Post
    I also wasn't aware of such contests. I'm wondering if being pushed into participating in one (as a teen) might have the opposite affect? I mean if my mom arranged for me to dress as a girl, in front of many people, maybe CDing would have turned me off.

It's a good question but so far no one here has been in a beauty pageant. So one has to wonder what became of the kids in Dana Digs' photos above.

There is a LONG tradition In the south with social clubs and churches having "womanless weddings" and "womanless beauty contests", going back to the 1920s---no one thought anything ill of it. In the early 60's they were still not unheard of, and every teenage boy or male friend also dressed as "girls" on Halloween.---- As I was just starting to CD in secret, about then, I was too "chicken" to do it (although I really wanted to). This stuff sort of died out in the mid 60's through the next 20 something years of so---somehow suddenly, becoming associated with Homosexuality, "perverts", etc., witch nobody ever considered before,----It is only now just coming back again.

I don't think is "causes CDing" one has to be quite confident in one's own sexuality to participate. A "confused" secret CD kid would try to avoid it at all costs, afraid his secret would "leak out" somehow. There is also a "safety in numbers aspect to be considered. It's easier when several other guys are doing it too. And if one is "Confident" that he is not somehow unconsciously "gay" or something, it is also easy. Most "normal guys get "big laughs" from doing such stuff---It's the shy or "more serious" types that might have the Psychological "hang-ups", including their own CD.
    Last edited by MarinaTwelve200; 04-08-2018 at 02:07 PM.

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar

I've heard of them and have jealously viewed pictures and videos, but they weren't a thing where I'm from. Whatever the cause or trigger, I've felt since at least Kindergarten that I was not part of the group in the male box.
    Warmest regards,
    Pamela

I'm a crossdresser because I was told at an early age that I was really supposed to be a girl, and I wasn't smart enough then to argue the reasons that were presented to me. So I grew up believing that I was really a girl, and tried to learn how to be one and dress like one (in private) in preparation for whenever god got around to fixing me and making me into the girl I was really supposed to be. Of course, that never happened, so I wound up being just a very screwed up man who feels the need to wear women's clothes, because that's what I feel like I'm supposed to wear.

Maybe it would have been nice to be normal. I'll never know.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny22 View Post
    Not really, Sherry. Those competing in your competition are Pros. A womanless Pageant is usually a charity fundraiser by amatures in high school or college with awards and trophies given to winners of various catagories and one crowned Queen. From my reading about them, many are annual events. Some of the "girls" are really pretty. Google womanless pageants. They are not (openly) about giving dressing opportunities to boys who CD.
    Thanks for the info, Jenny. These were "invented" way after I was in school, apparently. Because I had no idea they were commonplace! Maybe my daughters will remember them from their school days? I'll have to ask!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Reality Check
    If anyone actually knew why we crossdress, there would be a cure.

I suspect I crossdress because my mother was hoping for a daughter and was disappointed when I was born with a penis. She used to dress me as a little girl when nobody was around (a fact that I only found out when she disclosed it to the whole family just before she passed away). Of course, that is just a suspicion, not documented fact.

Other crossdressers have their own reasons of course but they are all just guesses.
    Krisi

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post

I suspect I crossdress because my mother was hoping for a daughter and was disappointed when I was born with a penis. She used to dress me as a little girl when nobody was around (a fact that I only found out when she disclosed it to the whole family just before she passed away). Of course, that is just a suspicion, not documented fact.

Other crossdressers have their own reasons of course but they are all just guesses.
    I started doing it because I knew I liked men. Even though I'm married to a woman, I've always enjoyed "sex in reverse." (bottom) The wife, Pete, who's always been a bit on the masculine side, at one time, enjoyed reversing the roles. And the strapon would come out. She's call me her wife, during the sessions. So, one night, before bed, I put on one of her nighties. And it's progressed from there.

But to be honest, before that, occasionally without her around, I'd slip on some of her clothes (ones that would fit). I love the softness of womens clothes. Being stuck in mans clothes all day, greasy and dirty, at the end of the day, it was nice to slip on something clean, soft & loose.

When we got our 4" matress pad, it made me sweat a lot. So I had to start wearing a night shirt. I started out with her pink one, because it was the only one that fit.

Also, one thing that helped, is I used to do her nail polish for her. Especially her toes. So, joking around about it one night, we got to talking about what colors would look good on me. And it didn't take long, I was wearing nail polish, pink night shirt, etc etc etc.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    OK I'm confused.
    I think most of us are, gurl.

THE most confusing thing is why many of us have to lie. I'm in the closet with everyone except my wife. I could never come out, simply because of my kids and their reputation here in Redneckville. Society is filled with a bunch of one way streets. If someone goes the wrong way on it, is usually met head on with a society cop and a huge fine (sort of speak)

Being seen as a "freak of nature", to 99% of everyone around me, would be, IMO, a lot worse than just keeping my secret.

But the upside to it is, I enjoy my "me time." Where I can be and do what I want, male or fem, without anyone bothering me about it. A few years from now, my "me time" might be something completely different. But I'll probably still do it in panties. he he he he

They have been a big thing here in the south. I participated in one about 10 years ago and took third place. I was dressed as Britney Spears. And from time to time they pop up and I have had a few calls to participate that had to turn them down per my wife's request.
    Most participants are just average everyday guys doing it for a good cause most likely the "pillars of the community" type guys. In our area it was always the local fire department that put it on. It got so big one year that the local weatherman came to MC the event and it was standing room only. (Not because of the weather man LOL) and from what l understand parts of the event made the news.
    Kelli

I suspect I crossdress because my mother was hoping for a daughter and was disappointed when I was born with a penis.
    Some of us here seem to be very sure that they were born this way. Maybe, but how can we know whether or not it really had something to do with early childhood events? I believe my mom also wanted a girl when she had me. I don't know if she dressed me in my sister's clothes when I was under 3 years old or not. She had me wear my sister's coat on halloween when I was 4, and there were other CD events that happened in my childhood too.

I feel it's partly genetic and partly early childhood events that caused this in my case. But I can't say for sure.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I'm surprised that only a few have participated in the womanless pageants. Online, there are so many featuring high school boys and younger. Some of them show pics of "girls" who look so fine that one has to really wonder if they continued dressing after school was over. I thought for sure that more of us would have done so.
    As for me, living in the uncivilized North, the pageants were unheard of til I found them on the internet.
    Again, I still wonder about some of the participants. I just can't believe it was once and done for them!
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

If you believe it's an illness, then eventually there will probably be a cure. But perhaps we already know why people crossdress (https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...quot-questions ). Then there's no "cure" because there's no illness. It would like trying to cure left-handedness.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Quite frankly I’ve given up on trying to figure it out. I do it because that’s how I’m wired.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    If you believe it's an illness, then eventually there will probably be a cure. But perhaps we already know why people crossdress (https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...quot-questions ). Then there's no "cure" because there's no illness. It would like trying to cure left-handedness.
    Why is it that when I've read a few posts and decided what to say, I find Pat has just said it for me? Ah well, thanks Pat, that is exactly the reply I was going to do for Krisi!

They had them in my high school. I never participated. The different clubs and organizations would sponsor a boy, and we've have an assembly where they'd do the pageant. It was always the more popular boys who were chosen, thus I was left out. I don't think I would have done it anyway. It would hit a little too close to home. There'd be about a dozen boys. Most of them did it as something comical. A couple of them would dress to pass, so to speak. A couple of the boys are particularly memorable to me. One was getting dresses in the gym. Actually the girls were dressing him. He had his hair in curlers and they were doing his makeup when I saw him. They took it seriously, and he looked awesome! The most memorable one was a boy whose mother gave us a ride to school sometimes, and this was one of those days. A friend and I walked to his house and had to go inside to wait on him to get ready. I didn't even know he was in the pageant. His mother dressed him before we ever even went to school (which some of the others did, too). He had long hair, too, as many of us did. She had rolled his hair and done his makeup to perfection, and he wore one of his sister's pageant dresses and heels. He was stunning!!! Nobody was laughing or making fun. It seemed like this was pretty serious to them. I was dumbfounded. Not only that he could be so pretty, but that it was done with such a serious attitude. I don't know if I said a word all the way to school. I don't even remember if he won. He was kind of a goofy looking kid as a boy, but as a girl he was stunning! His sister was a pageant girl, and until I saw him as a girl I didn't think they looked much alike. When he was dressed, the resemblance was obvious.

The only other one I know of where I knew one of the participants was at a small town church. There was a picture in the small town paper of a guy I knew in their pageant. He, too, made a very attractive woman. No parody there. His intent was to look like a woman, and he did so very convincingly.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Only recently heard of such things,I think it's an American thing really isn't it?

I've said before on this site,but I've been asked numerous times Why? The answer damned if I know
    Last edited by t-girlxsophie; 04-09-2018 at 06:02 PM.
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Aspiring Member
    My school had womanless beauty pageants in high school, but I was already a crossdresser before then. I did not participate but I was always fascinated by the guys who did participate. The pageant was always held during homecoming week - part of Spirit Week. Each homeroom had one participant. When they asked for a volunteer, they usually got none. Then the teacher would usually ask a popular guy in the class to take one for the team. The volunteer was cheered on and treated like some kind of hero. They were able to act so cool, and turn it into something funny. I always knew that if I ever did that I would have an erection, be shaking all over, and be too nervous to show myself before my classmates.

Participating in one was always one of my fantasies. One guy I knew pretty well did it one year. He told us that his mother and aunt made a big deal out of it, and they worked on him every day for two weeks. He made sound like it was terrible. He was able to act cool and joke around with it only because he already had so much practice.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Irving View Post
    I did not know there was such a thing as a woman-less pageant. I need to get out more.
    That's the image I get looking at your avatar. he he he he

Jenny. I began dressing when I was 6 year's old. I didn't know about GG less pageants until I was about 20 and in an Asian country.
    I was born a cross dresser.

Silver Member
    I knew the womanless pageants existed (and have been around for a long time), but there was never one where I grew up. Maybe it is a regional thing? Maybe only at boys-only schools?

So, by extension, no, it didn't make me a dresser. I don't believe I was born this way either (personally, not speaking for others). It was other influences.

No, I am gender fluid and it took me a while to understand it as we where forced to be men. But I knew by the time of my first marriage that I was quite different than other men. Went out with my first wife to a nice restaurant dressed way back in the 1970's. It was not well accepted back then. But no problems that night.
    Part Time Girl

Banned Read only
    One of my biggest reasons for Cd'ing, is the clothes. I love shopping for gurl stuff. Especially when there's no one around, except me and the sale lady. The woman at the Goodwill has gotten to know me too well. he he he he

No, I'm sure that no outside forces caused me to cross dress. For me, it was all internal, I just identified as a girl at an early age.
    When I was about five, I started trying on my moms bras, panties, and other things. My parents discouraged it as much as they could. I hated playing with the boys in the neighborhood (they liked getting dirty). But I loved playing dress up with the girls. I even asked my parents when were they going to buy me my own bras, panties, and such.
    Stephanie

Very interesting. I had never heard of this social phenomenon before. When I was in school in an area not too far from where Teresa lives, it was common for boys to play the female parts in plays at our all boys school.

Once again it raises the interesting question of why many males will happily take part in an event like this and do a really professional job of looking as feminine as possible, yet feel no prompting to become a cross dresser themselves.

It is one of our mysteries.