Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are you a CDer because of this?

Silver Member

Are you a CDer because of this?

I've watched many Woman-less Pageants, mostly of the high school or college type. When you were in that general age group, did you ever so participate? Or, did you seriously participate at a later age?
    If yes, how did you feel about the dressing, makeup .. the whole nine yards? If at the younger age level, might that have caused you to start your CDing journey?

Participate. No
    Later age. No
    Younger age. No
    The cause. No
    Born this way. Yes
    Any external forces cause. No
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

I don't even know what a women-less pageant is, so I know for sure that isn't the reason why I crossdress.

I do crossdress for a couple of reasons. The first is that it somehow expresses the inner me. The second is that I have always been a scaredy cat, and I am using crossdressing to help me with all of my fears, not just the fear of crossdressing. Writing about it in my blog also helps with both expressing myself and overcoming fear.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

I never heard of one till now, but would have been horribly jealous of anyone who go to do it. I wouldn't have gone because I think it is an effort to deal with the crossdressing urges of boys in a formal ritual way. The intent is then that everyone goes away feeling like 'now they know' how much trouble girls go to, and it is not a thing to envy or about being aroused, it is cultural costuming, and expensive!

Boys then are not expected to ever do it again except in the same public controlled circumstance.

I imagine some boys find it rather wonderful to do, and everyone pretends that they don't.

Did anyone on the Forum ever do it?
    We are all beautiful...!

Jenny, your question is about as dead on to my start as could be so I hope I can answer the question in a coherent manner.

At about 7 or 8 my mom dressed my brother and I as girls for a church Halloween contest. At the time I just remember the differences between the clothing, but I think the "infection" was planted with that pair of black patent go-go boots, tights and a skirt as that has always been the "dream" outfit for me later in life.

About 5 years later I found myself staying in a spare bedroom, which happened to have a closet full of extra clothes from my mother and other relatives who would stay in that room when visiting. I found those boots along with a pair of pantyhose and suddenly the desire to put them on boiled up; the rest they say is history! Within a few months I was sneaking around and dressing as completely as I could, with the big steps of a wig, make-up and finally nails as milestones in my hobby habit occurring over the following years.

There was always the same ending, followed by immediate changing back to boy mode but the adventures always were moving one step further along this road and only limited by the time and materials available. Even when there were years between "hobby time" the thoughts were there and now it has evolved into a slower, more enjoyable pace with the emphasis on being comfortable as Jamie, doing things as if I really was who I portray. I know I am "her" when I dress, but I am also aware that it is a temporary condition, one to be totally enjoyed and experienced, but one that has a limit, due both to the reality of my life as well as the nature of my version of this activity.

I truly admire anyone who can take it further and completely support their participation, almost wishing we could all be much more open about it but realize that the rest of society probably would not react in ways each of us could live with (job, family, etc.). I wonder what such a situation would be like and on occasion, when the "pink fog" is very thick, find the urge to find out what it would be like to have no secret but then the rest of my situation seeps in and I run for the bedroom to undress.

Great question, looking forward to everyone's answers!

I did not know there was such a thing as a woman-less pageant. I need to get out more.

Phili and Sami, take a peek on YouTube to see a few. I know it was a big event for me and wish I could have done it at a later time, with as complete preparation as possible but would have been worried that what we call 'pink fog' hit me and everyone would know my secret. Funny how those of us who fear having such a secret revealed don't join in when others are simply playing around.

Two incidents come to mind, both with vivid memories. The first was a Halloween day in Junior High, a neighbor dressed up in his sisters clothes and even went so far as using the girls bathroom, an incident that caused both laughter and immediate intervention by the school administration. I am still jealous that he was able to spend such a day in school but also believe absolutely everyone would know that it was so much more than a goof if I had done it.

The second involved a day at my first job out of college when a few of us were talking in the break room and the secretary was talking about her experiences with CD's when all of a sudden she looked right at me, commented that I would look good all dressed up and I must have frozen on the spot, turned bright red and almost fainted. I now know she must have figured me out, that awkward silence was so thick but I kind of shuffled out and hoped she never brought it up again. I now know I missed probably the best opportunity to make a connection but as a new person at the company could never have make it work.

Oh well, that's why there are so many tomorrows and sooner or later I will get that much further down the road.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    OK I'm confused.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    No. Born like this. No external factors of any type triggered my crossdrssing.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Jenny, 2 years ago I attended the USA finals of the Trans World Queen competition. Is THAT what u r talking about!?

P1040177 (639x640).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Jenny,
    For a boy of my generation for anyone to know and worse still be seen wearing female clothes would have been a disaster , you would have had all the names under the sun thrown at you and possibly have been subjected to physical violence . I don't recall boys taking female parts in plays , the girls from the local high school were usually invited to fill those slots .

No. I crossdress because I discovered all the beautiful things my mother wore under her dress, back in the fifties.

Early in life, when I was in cub scouts, they put on a play where a knight in shining armor (tin foil over cardboard) rescued a damsel in distress (me in a dress and mop head for hair). I secretly enjoyed being the girl, but it didn't "cause" my CD'ing. I've always felt like a girl inside and my dressing is about the only outlet I have really have ever had to express it.
    The play was an OPPORTUNITY, not a CAUSE.

That's the closest I ever came to a woman-less pagent. There was nothing like that in my high school or college-age years.

Never been in one, but it sounds like fun. And i have no idea where the CDing came from, but it's here in spades and to stay.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    They have been going on for quite some time
    1949.jpg

and recently of course!
    EWMS-Jr-Mr-Miss-099.jpgZef3e5d939f8ea5ca7e2cbf8ee73f0474.jpg

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Just a few years back we had a Womanless Beauty pageant at our church. I was invited to participate---and accepted the challenge. Besides, they had a female "makeup crew", and I thought I might learn something new from them. Turns out, I knew more about makeup than they did, but they did a halfway decent job anyway. It was more or less a funny farce. we each had to have a "Talent act"---so I did a rendition of "A bird in a guilded cage" as my long gown and fishnets and feathered fan was suggestive of some 1890's saloon girl. I was surprised by a couple of guys who in RL you never would think would pass. I walked right past our Choir director as we were preparing, and didn't take a second glance--I just assumed he was one of the "ladies" helping out.

The pageant was "won" by a retired 80 year old preacher, obviously for sentimental reasons, but he looked a lot better than you would think. He had the bravery and sense of humor to go up there (He was the "church clown" anyway. All and all, we were dressed well and tried to "play it straight" (for the most part)---That way when we "goofed up" things were even FUNNIER. I won no prize, finishing "in the heard" of 8 or 9 of us.

To cap it off, our camera man who was filming the event, Discovered that he had forgot to plug in the SD card---So we had nothing, save for a few snapshots by the Audience. DRAT! I got a snapshot of me on stage, but while my fan covered my face, and another of me in a group photo, a bit out of focus.

Still it was fun and counted as my SECOND time ever out in public (I did a female Gypsy Fortune teller for Halloween a few years before)

Never heard of such a thing around here. It's raising a few questions though!
    Thanks for the descriptive Dana, must happen somewhere!

Anyhow, Never done it and have missed out I think!

Missed out Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

I also wasn't aware of such contests. I'm wondering if being pushed into participating in one (as a teen) might have the opposite affect? I mean if my mom arranged for me to dress as a girl, in front of many people, maybe CDing would have turned me off.

It's a good question but so far no one here has been in a beauty pageant. So one has to wonder what became of the kids in Dana Digs' photos above.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ressie View Post
    I also wasn't aware of such contests. I'm wondering if being pushed into participating in one (as a teen) might have the opposite affect? I mean if my mom arranged for me to dress as a girl, in front of many people, maybe CDing would have turned me off.

It's a good question but so far no one here has been in a beauty pageant. So one has to wonder what became of the kids in Dana Digs' photos above.
    Maybe these two are converts?.....

amy findley olson.jpgamy1.jpg

To better understand the womanless pagent, see the followinf.

Stana, of Femulate.org fame, occasionally writes about womanless beauty pagents. One the is quite fameous is the annual University of the Philippines College of Engineering.

Also see: https://www.flickr.com/photos/791899...7629840145025/ for the Flicker page collection compiled by Starla of high school yearbooks chronicling hundreds of their womanless beauty pagents (strangely, this is mostly a phenomena of the Southern USA).

Finally, see: http://www.femulate.org/search?q=Womanless

Considering the number of participants in these pagents, it is clear that they are not producing an equal number of crossderssers. I'm sure that someone who is destined to be one of us who participates gets a "boost up" from that opportunity, but it is not the cause.

YMMD
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 04-08-2018 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Link removed a login is required
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

No, my dressing started much earlier, I was in one once and came third in the judging.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by 2B Natasha View Post
    Participate. No
    Later age. No
    Younger age. No
    The cause. No
    Born this way. Yes
    Dido ...
    Oh! You Pretty Things ... Come join us for:
    Paint the Town Chicago (Feb 23-26, 2023)
    More info here -> https://linktr.ee/PtT2023

Silver Member
    Not really, Sherry. Those competing in your competition are Pros. A womanless Pageant is usually a charity fundraiser by amatures in high school or college with awards and trophies given to winners of various catagories and one crowned Queen. From my reading about them, many are annual events. Some of the "girls" are really pretty. Google womanless pageants. They are not (openly) about giving dressing opportunities to boys who CD.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Jenny, 2 years ago I attended the USA finals of the Trans World Queen competition. Is THAT what u r talking about!?

P1040177 (639x640).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by 2B Natasha View Post
    Participate. No
    Later age. No
    Younger age. No
    The cause. No
    Born this way. Yes
    Speaks for me. Baby, I was born this way. Hugs, Michelle

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda Darling View Post
    Considering the number of participants in these pagents, it is clear that they are not producing an equal number of crossderssers. I'm sure that someone who is destined to be one of us who participates gets a "boost up" from that opportunity, but it is not the cause.
    Rhonda, in reality, you are probably correct. BUT, its also a long shot that every boy who participated in such an activity is now a deeply closeted CD.