Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are you a CDer because of this?

that's me too. I just am in love with the endless variety in cool, color, etc, etc. I also go to the GW two times a month, on dollar day and 10/$10 day, it's like an ester egg hunt for name brands. But the endless variety is a big factor. Men's clothes have so little variation it is amazing they can sell them.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

I never heard of "womanless pageants" when I was young. There was quite a bit of cross dressing on TV in the 60's and 70's!

Unfortunately the realization in mind of who I am has been slow and late so none of those applied to me.
    I
    Now I can see signal of being a trasgender in my childhood but there were so many elements that created concussion and cloud my mi d to see the reality like I see it now.
    HRT 042018; Full time 032019
    Orchiectomy 062020; gender& name legal changed 102020
    Electrolysis face begins 082019, in genitals for GCS 062021
    Breast augmentation surgery 012022
    GCS 072022; BBL 022023; GCS revision 04203;END TRANSITION

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CONSUELO View Post
    When I was in school it was common for boys to play the female parts in plays at our all boys school..
    I did that when I was 16 (I played Desdemona in Othello) and I had to hide my pleasure at wearing a really nice dress for the role. On topic though, I can't think of any one thing that 'made' me cross dress, but there were plenty of triggers in my early years. One of my earliest memories is going to school wearing my sisters knickers as I had no clean undies available, must have been about five or six. I was pretty much raised entirely be women, as my (so called) father disappeared when I was three. I was closer to my sisters than my brothers. So many things but not one stand out one.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

In my younger days I never dress the whole nine yards. but it always felt good just to have something girly on.
    Angie

Banned Read only
    Now that I think about it, crossdressing never really was something I thought about growing up. It didn't really hit my mind until after I got into my 40's. And I think it was simply because I'd never done it. I want to do everything once. (ok, well not everything) Things that society says one shouldn't do, as long as it's not painful, or adversely affect anyone else, I'm game for it.
    CD'ing is a private matter to me. Same as sex. If someone like minded wants to join, and I'm attracted to them (their looks or their attitude), then I'm down with that too.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CONSUELO View Post

Once again it raises the interesting question of why many males will happily take part in an event like this and do a really professional job of looking as feminine as possible, yet feel no prompting to become a cross dresser themselves.
    Consuelo, might it also be possible that because of the female parts they acted that every one of them became a CDer without any prompting, but may be totally closeted? Hmmmm.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    If you believe it's an illness, then eventually there will probably be a cure. But perhaps we already know why people crossdress (https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...quot-questions ). Then there's no "cure" because there's no illness. It would like trying to cure left-handedness.
    I feel that such "anomalies" like Cross Dressing AND homosexuality, that appear to have no "CURE" are only secondary symptoms of another congenital anomaly that affects us in other (perhaps a variety) of other ways. Its just that expressing things like CD, HS and TS grab a disproportionate amount of ATTENTION in our society. so we concentrate on these symptoms rather focus on other personality "anomalies" (which are generally harmless, BTW). So all our attention may be directed to a SYMPTOM and not the core cause itself.----Its like trying to treat the flu with Cough medicine. Treating the coughing symptom and ignoring the cause of the illness. (Note I did NOT mean to suggest that CD, etc. was an "Illness", but a similar allegory, where we inadvertently focus on a symptom but, not a cause, and for pseudo-moral or cultural reasons) Thus a CURE will never come about unless we find the "core anomaly" that gives us the urge to cross-dress, etc. as a SYMPTOM of its presence.

So there may be some truth the "Pop Psychologists" declarations that there is no such thing as "CD, HS and TG as being a "Disease". No more than a cough or a fever are "diseases" in their own right.----We may only be trying to cure a symptom of some other, more subtle, and not yet recognized "condition"-----And it does not work.

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Makes you wonder if any of the girls that crossdressed as boys in these events have continued later on?.....

amy1.jpgcouple.jpg
    Last edited by dana digs sweaters; 04-14-2018 at 09:53 AM.