Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it the look...or the feel?

I love the feel of almost everything feminine but looking lovely is also a very important factor to me.

Banned Read only
    The look is at 80% and the feel is at 20%, however, when I am first getting my girl on and I feel the tights or thigh highs against my legs, the stretch lace panties either in thongs or hipsters or higher on the hips, and putting on the bra with the silicone breasts helps almost reverse those two numbers noted above. Then, after fully Scarletted up, then the look goes back to 80% or higher and I keep my photos posted on my computer and look at them at regular intervals.

I used to be concerned about that gorgeous redheaded wife finding all these photos but not any longer thank God! She has seen many of my Scarlett photos and is actually impressed how I can make such a drastic transition from a handsome guy to a cute, sexy, classy girl. She has noted that my style is almost identical to hers. Probably because I've helped her pick out almost 90% of her skirts, tops, dresses, shoes, jewelry, and accessories (especially purses which we usually by at TJ Maxx). She really won't go shopping for these things without me because she really trusts my sense of style and she gets a ton of compliments at work or at other places she does meetings or training sessions at.

Now that she lets me store all my Scarlett stuff at our new dream home and the subject of buying skirts or panties come up more often, I don't ever have to worry about losing my wife over my thrill of cross dressing. I just have to do it while she's not around which is just fine with me....XOXOXO Scarlett

I "see" where you're coming from and "feel" the same way!

For me, tights and pantyhose are about 60:40 in terms of look vs feel. I keep accumulating more and more pairs because there are so many different colors, shades, textures, and deniers etc, but then I also adore that feeling as they encase my legs.

Both! Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    I would say both,depending on what I'm wearing.overwhelmingly it's the look.But also I love the range of colours available,guys stuff is just staid and boring and I love the feel esp of Angora,fluffy knits.
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

The avvy pic isn't me
    Quote Originally Posted by MysteryWoman View Post
    I'm retired, so I need to occasionally find complex issues to keep my mind active. Recently I decided to spend some time on the following question: Is it the look or the feel of my feminine attire that keeps me intrigued with my little hobby? Of course, the simple answer is that it's both, but as I said, I need to make it more complicated.
    Ask and ye shall receive:

One thing I have always noticed when the subject of dressing in general comes up, as it so often does, is that the complexities of it all usually gets little talk.

Now, I see that you did in fact, give mention to wigs, make-up and accessories, so I won't beat you up too bad. (usually this talk centers on the articles worn).

But, what about the ritual? The build up, the thinking ahead to the outfit or outfits one might want to wear. Is there preparation involved? Maybe a long bath and body shave? (yeah yeah, I know........hair removal sucks).
    Has one spent some time taking care of tasks so as to make the dress up a completely stress free experience. Do you take the time to enjoy it or do you rush into it?

There are things I genuinely enjoy that have little to do with the dressing; I do a pluck patrol each day.....got to keep them little bastage hairs from creeping into my carefully shaped and tweezed brow line.
    I totally love the ritual that is applying make-up, I must because I will do my face even tho the hours left in the day are few, and i'm only going to my usual nightly meeting and seeing the same ol folks.

Through out the day I find myself playing with my earrings (actual piercings, 2 in each ear), rolling them if they are hoops, twisting them if they are studs. It's relaxing and confirming.

I do confess that the tactile feel of nylon and micro-fiber underwear is important. I love my camisoles, until it gets hot out.

And oh....what of perfume??? hmmm?? The gift that keeps on giving.

I must add though, I live in the binary; my presentation is a part of me each day (I may go without make-up one day a week if something comes up), and my daily wear is simple pants and tops, but it's the little things for some of us.
    Even the little things, when a part of you each day, that brings peace.

So to be totally honest.....for me the look and feel are really not such a big deal; but at the same time, if I go more than a couple days without being the me I am today, I get some mid-level dysphoria happening and that's no fun at all.

I sincerely hope I have totally complicated things for you and am driving you nutty........it's what friends are for.

Cass
    Last edited by Cassandra Lynn; 04-09-2018 at 10:37 PM.

Good job driving me nutty! Thanks!
    Last edited by Pat; 04-10-2018 at 08:45 AM. Reason: Please don't quote entire posts. Especially if they immediately precede your comment.

I love both too, feel and look but with panties its definately looks and i think its because i hate male underwear that much i need a fix of real fem when it comes to intimate areas. Knowing i am wearing real feminine lingerie that can never be masculine far outways the texture. Also theres no panties i have that dont feel nice to wear.

You described it. I agree

For me the feel is definitely more important than the look. As i don't pass or attempt to go out i am only seen by my wife who luckily for me is fully supportive. Being a tactile sort of person i think that goes a long way towards my preference for the more tactile fabrics such as silk and satin. Cotton does very little for me regardless of the garment. I do dress in the normal everyday type of clothing such as skirts, blouses and dresses and i do have preferences for all of those such as tight skirts, pussy bow and back button blouses so i suppose the look does have a particular importance for all of those. I also prefer super glossy hold up stockings so i suppose look and feel are of equal importance for them. I do love to accessorize with colourful silk headscarves worn in a variety of ways, again look and feel being about equal. Apologies for rambling on; just thought i would chip in.

In the beginning, of course, it was about the feel. As I tried different things on for the first time, I marveled at how wonderful they felt.

As I became a full on cross dresser, circa 1974, it became more about the look. I was young then and it was possible for me to look pretty good. I wish I had some pictures. But back then we didn’t have digital cameras, or computers, and the internet had not even been thought of.

Now, at this advanced age, it’s not about how I look since I don’t go out dressed anymore because I know I look really scary.

The clothing still feels wonderful, but that’s not the main thing either.

The main, and most important thing now when I’m dressed enfemme, is how it makes ME feel.
    My favorite dress is a Dirndl.

Its's mainly how the clothes feel - not least because the "look" as seen in the mirror is never a good one. However, just odd glimpses of bits of me are pleasurable for the look. An example of this is when I look down and see the protrusion of the breasts and the flare of the skirt. Another, when sitting wearing a shorter skirt, is the sight of nylon-clad knees and feet in heel-and-ankle-strap shoes. These for me are just exciting cameos of what a woman would see - and enjoy - about her clothing and appearance.

For me it is a little of both i want to look like a women as much as i can when in the mood and have always liked the feel of what i am wearing .That's why i do this
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    It's the look definitely and the feel of female clothes and the fabrics that makes it all wonderful. The total look is the goal. If there is acceptance out in the world while dressed that is the icing on the cake.

It is both but it is not one without the other. I absolutely love the feel of silky nylon sliding on silky nylon. But I could recreate that by wearing a man's lined bating suit under a pair of nylon quick dry fishing pants yet it would not have the same effect. So for me, the look, the fit and the feel of what is intended to be exclusively women's clothing is what does it. The whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

Once upon a time... Veronica Lacey's Avatar

I feel that it's the way it looks

Some great responses on this one.

I am believing that is is largely the look for me but that how the attire and outfits feel can never be ignored.

I prefer primarily satins, nylon, some silk and prefer suspender belts and stockings over panty hose. I love feeling the materials on my skin and taking in the subtle sound of stockings rubbing and not-so-subtle sounds of heels clicking as I walk. How the bra constricts my "breasts" presents a somewhat comforting sensation to me yet looking down at the more feminine colours, patterns and styles brings joy and a quiet smile to my heart.

If I were given the same attire in male styles - no dresses, heels, stockings but just shirts and trousers - I don't believe that it would be as satisfying if at all. It is a hybrid of emulating the feminine upon my own masculine body and the materials in said form that supports further exploration and enjoyment.

To generally sum up mathematically:
    Look:Feel = 85:15
    Last edited by Veronica Lacey; 05-05-2018 at 04:11 PM.

Aspiring Member
    Sandra_Dodds - I agree with nylons. I love the look and feel. there are so many colors, shades, styles, textures, etc....I love the way they look on my legs and wish more women would wear them. Nothing like a pair of nylons with a sexy pair of stilletos

The looks and mostly the feel. Earrings caressing my neck, bra holding the breast tight and looks for the cleavage.

Crossing of the legs is the feel of nylon rubbing feels sweet. heels feminising my posture .
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

I don't look all that good in fem clothing & accessories so I'd have to say about 85-15 towards the feel. But I also have feelings other than the physical ones so there's an extra component to "feel."

Lacy PJs

Both for me, defiantly. Like the OP I only wear stockings and garters. I do have one pair of panty hose, it goes with my Hooters girl outfit.

Kelsey

Early on it was the feel, then it changed to the look, then they eventually both balanced. But nothing like getting all dolled up and stepping in front of the mirror. WOW is that me???