Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What made you crossdress for the first time?

Quote Originally Posted by dana digs sweaters View Post
    Can I blame Bugs?

Attachment 290557
    I second that!

Having no sisters, the only girls I came across were at primary school. I had, at that age, no interest in them or their clothes. Secodary school was all-boys but, by the age of around twelve I was starting to notice how some of the girls I had known at primary school were starting to look more grown-up and a significant sign of this was when they started wearing nylon stockings (we are talking 1950s here). Of course, I knew my mother wore stockings and a girdle to hold them up but I was curious about what it was about stockings that made them such a big thing with young girls....and that led me to wonder what they must feel like to wear. On one afternoon a week I could come home from school at lunch time and so had the ehouse to myself for a few hours. I tried putting on a pair of my mother's stockings and thought they felt - and looked - good but that led to me wondering how those young girls kept their stockings up. Did they wear girdles? I tried an old one belonging to my mother but it was rather loose and didn't work on me.
    That's how it started but it was then a gradual process to find out about other items of girls'/women's clothing and, by one means or another, to try wearing them. It was quite a few years before I ever reached the point of completely dressing.

Aspiring Member dana digs sweaters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brittdoll View Post
    I second that!
    Bugs had quite the run

bugs2196086c498d42605b08e8deb53263ed.jpgbugs3.jpg

its all bugs bunny fault

So what I think got me was going to spend the night at my grandma’s and seeing her washes panties drying in the shower.
    I’d end up putting them on. I also would try on women’s shoes.
    My first time, thinking back it was crazy as hell, my mom and i had traveled to the US (I live here now) to visit my uncle in Miami.
    He and his wife went to work and my mom and I were at home.
    Mom had a headache and took a nap and I saw her silk robe, panties and her one piece teddy pajamas. I got all that and went to the bathroom and wore it. When I saw myself in the mirror I felt so excited that I touched myself.
    My mom never noticed anything. That’s where CDing got in my head and never left though I did try to get rid of it

Platinum Member
    In my mind just trying on my mother's slips which she usually hanged to dry in the sole bathroom or the long hallway to the bedrooms of our apartment was not cross dressing. When I brushed against the dry nylon slips I found I loved the feel of the nylon fabric. It was nothing like the boy clothes I wore. I first fondled the material. Finally I worked up the nerve to try one on to see how the fabric felt. I had zero desire to be a female. It was just the love of nylon. It wasn't until I started puberty that sexual desires joined in wearing the slips which led to her bras and terribly ugly panties too. I think there has to be more than just wearing one women's garment to be a cross dressing. There has to be a mind set connecting the garment to emulating a woman. To me a man wearing just a nylon panty would be a fetish dresser. Love of wearing a nylon panty and not wanting to emulate a woman does not equal cross dressing. My wife has tons of graphic tee shirts from the men's section of the store because she likes the cut of the tee shirt. In no way is that cross dressing.

Curiosity opened the door to the world of fem and only the beginning of new lifestyle 😊

Mine started when I began imagining myself as Princess Peach, and dreaming that I was her in a video game. I didn't even really consider myself a crossdresser, as I had no desire to dress in womens' clothing, I just wanted to live an alternate life as Peach I guess.
    But what really got me started was when I turned down a dress shop manager's offer for a 10% OFF COUPON for womens' clothes. I began thinking about it later, and wondering what it was like to wear womens' clothes. Due to me being in the closet, I never did go into a store to try clothes on, but I did start buying a few pieces of lingerie from Walmart. From there I started buying things online, and the rest is history.

I would say that I was born a cross dresser. One day Mom and Dad were out for the night. As soon as I saw their car disappear I ran to Mom's dresser, grabbed clothes and got dressed
    Parents came home early the next day. Mom entering my room to check on me she noticed the neck of the bodysuit I was wearing. Mom straight the bed then lifted the blanket and felt my legs wearing pantyhose. A day or two later mom had a talk with me. She bought me clothes for every day of the week. She told me that everything was cool. That I was to wear the clothes that she bought for me and not steal hers anymore. She did scold me for using grapefruits for boobage. I was to roll up tshirts for my boobage.
    For almost 40 years now I have had my own wardrobe. Wife is very supportive.

curiosity and halloween.I always wondered what it was like to dress as a girl to wear heels dresses and esp hose.When i was a teen my mom asked if i wanted to wear her elvira costume for halloweeen.I jumped slinky dress high heels and tights.I was hooked from that day on
    Flickr- https://www.flickr.com/photos/brandiedaniels/

The simple answer. Curiosity I wondered what it felt like to wear a skirt, I had the opportunity and tried one on. Yes I knew I shouldn't be wearing a skirt and that battle was won by I really want to know how it is.

The first time was a babysitter who wanted to practice putting on make up, I was 8 or 9 and she was in high school. She did full 80s style make up on me and then put me in tights and a top with bra and rolled up socks. I looked like I was headed to a disco. I enjoyed it but it was no big deal. Two or three years later I was playing truth or dare at a sleepover with 6 other boys, I was dared to sneak in the sister's room and put on her bra and a dress. She was at a high school football game and so I had time and put on some make up too. The boys laughed and it was a big joke until she got home with the parents and she punched me in the nose for getting lipstick on the dress.... I didn't dress again until I was in my 30s. A gf asked me to dress as a cheerleader for a costume party and was wore a football uniform, pads and all. I went all out curly blonde wig, tight sweater skirt, stockings, panties with a team logo on the butt, saddle shoes. Had a great time at the party I only knew three people there, my GF, and her best friend and the friends boyfriend. I had a blast at the party and afterword I was rewarded for being a good sport. I was hooked with the dressing at that point but it's only for fun and not looking to transition. Hugs Kym

simply for me puberty.............
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

In truth I have no idea other than as a young child I was drawn to the feel of stockings. Over time one thing lead to another.

I've given up pondering why. I've come so far and reached a place where I'm comfortable with myself so self introspection seems pointless.

I was four years old and my sister had a crinoline petticoat that was hanging in a downstairs walk in closet and it was beckoning to "put me on, put me on". One day, I succumbed to the beckoning, went into the closet and shut the door (the symbolism!) and I put on that beautiful petticoat and felt overwhelmingly wonderful! Then my sister pulled the door open, as I tried to hold it shut, and caught me wearing her petticoat and disparaged me! It was humiliating and a pattern that repeated itself in my life until I accepted myself for who I am, a crossdresser. I was in my early thirties, married and a father. My wife knew of my predilection and was tolerant of it to a certain extent, but not really accepting. I joined a local CD support group and attended the gatherings and special events where we could CD and I did and bought dresses, slips, panties, bras, hose, heels, wigs, makeup and even a coat for when we'd go out to one of the gay/lesbian bars where we could go and not get beat up! This caused friction in our marriage, so I stopped going and reverted back to CDing in private, mostly wearing my slips, panties, bras, hose and heels. My wife got sick from cancer a few years back and I was her primary caregiver, so I stopped dressing altogether. She died from the cancer last year, which was devastating and the kids, who are now adults, and I have been trying to deal with her loss and the grieving process. I did start to wear my slips again when relaxing after work and on weekends and I also sleep in them. It gives me comfort wearing them. I don't know if I'll do more than CD privately as I'm not gifted with being passable. Back in the day when I was younger, I did go out with my CD support group members, but I'd always feel a bit nervous being out in public, so the jury is out for me ever doing that again.

Not a clue.

I've wanted to wear girls/women's clothes for as long as I can remember. I have memories as early as 5 or 6 of me wearing my mom's slips as dresses. It's just always been a part of who I am. It has come and gone but it has always been there.
    I have mentioned this before but I did some past life regression therapy a few years ago and had some very strong visions of me as a little girl and then a young woman. The feeling of happiness in those visions was very strong, so who knows, maybe it's a hold over from a past life.
    I am Me and Me is OK!

Shelby

Simply put, I wanted a new and different costume to wear at Halloween. While looking through boxes of packed away clothing with my mom the idea of dressing completely as a woman came to my mind. My objective was to disguise myself so well I wouldn't be recognized by friends or family. At the tender ages of 11 and 12 and with considerable help from mom (and to a lesser degree from an aunt) it worked.

Karen

Hmmm, I'm not exactly sure but I have recollections back to my childhood about being fascinated with shiny skin tight clothes. Wetsuits, cat suits, latex and leather and other shiny garments, items that I felt accentuated the female form. The first time I really tried it was when my ex-wife had a short leather skirt and when she was out, I slipped it on. Of course it was incredibly tight and it just felt so sexy. I dreamed about wearing some thigh highs and heels and I almost had an orgasm just wearing the thing. After that I was hooked. Not sure if the latex/leather fetish if you will. made me feel more like crossdressing or it simply allowed me the fantasy of being more womanly.

Been reading this thread and racking my brain what caused me to start crossdressing. Well started about puberty and wearing my mum's clothes now and again. Any chance my parents and brother went out I would dress. It started in increments tights, then tights and panties you get the idea. Never done make up then as my mum rarely wore it. I had always loved looking at womens clothing on how pretty they were.

Banned Read only
    I knew that I had a gender identity problem to begin with.

AS a young teenager (14 maybe) I found some sexy magazines and the girls looked glamorous and happy and I wanted that, I wanted to be the girl. I started squirreling away clothes then. When I found my first pair of heels I knew it was over for me, this is who I am.

What made me was pretty women and their pretty clothes (actually, shoes, makeup, and hair had a greater influence than clothes). What made me do it when I did? When desire met opportunity. Most of my life, with some exceptions, I had more desire than opportunity, so I've always made the most of the opportunities.

Personally I liked the feel of the nylon panties

Quote Originally Posted by chrissyone View Post
    Personally I liked the feel of the nylon panties
    But how did you know that before putting them on for the first time?