Thread: Dressing stress!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Unhappy Dressing stress!

For some dressing is therapy. When I'm prepping for a shoot, I'm all business. But, that's NOT stressful.

Rite now I am suffering from dressing stress! Been trying to organize my things for a week of dressing in Vegas at WildSide. But, have been procrastinating for days. I guess I have too much stuff? Too many choices?

Just got back from Vegas at DLV 3 weeks ago. Gotta do it all over again. But, WildSide is more difficult. These girls really know how to look sexy, hot, and flashy. Worst of all, they know what they r doing when it comes to taste, class, and coordinating!

I woke up at 5 AM last nite worrying about packing. Anyway, finished most of my real business today so I can get to picking outfits and accessorizing Sat. and Sunday!
    Driving out Monday AM.

Am I the only one who stresses prepping and packing for these big T events!?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hello, simple answer is no.

I went thru my complete closet and dressers getting ready for DLV. Stressed about everything. I gave myself a deadline of being completely packed one week prior to leaving. AS I was flying this time I limited myself to two bags. This was a huge challenge for me. I was watching the weather, it was supposed to be hot, like high 70"s I think. Still I threw in two pair of jeggings and my light weight leather jacket. I was glad I did because it wasn’t.

I do procrastinate a lot if I am going to be the star turn at a party or function.

There are a lot less of them these days to stress over.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Sherry,
    In a answer " NO !"

Take a breather if you can and then do a final check , otherwise the obvious is often overlooked like I packed everything including the kitchen sink and when I unpacked I'd forgotten my forms , the times I've driven halfway to an event and realised I haven't applied a little perfume !

At least I've stopped panicing and not worried about taking drab clothes , the times I had to make it obvious to my wife that I'd actually packed PJs just to put her mind at rest .

The other point is we always think the other people are so well organised , they appear to have all the right outfits and accessories , how do you know they are aren't worrying about how well you'll look and leave them in the shade ?
    Go out there and set the Sherry standard and to hell with what the others think , life is too short !

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Thanks for that, Jean, Bev, Teresa. It's nice to know I'm not alone with this!

Teresa, my first ever DLV 7 years ago? With all my suitcases and duffle bags full to overflowing, I left ALL my wigs at home!

It's doing that that klnda stupid stuff that stresses me out!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Silver Member
    You are not the only one, Sherry. This year's DLV was my first 'big event' and I had no idea what to really expect and what to bring to wear. As a result, and since I was driving, I took way too much clothing and too many shoes. Next year I'll know better.