Thread: Bridal Fun

Bridal Fun

Backstory - When my wife and got married, 8+ years ago she said we could do a 2nd ceremony where I got to be the bride. That’s how I picked my account name. When we actually married, I was a traditional groom. I learned my wife hates, and I mean hates to be the center of attention. Even in a ceremony with 15 friends in attendance she wanted to stand in front on them for as little time as possible. She also doesn’t like being in pictures.

In a pink fog I started planning ceremony two and had big plans and pictures in public spots rationalizing that everyone would be looking at me and not her. As we drew closer I realized she would hate it, and that would make me hate it too for forcing too much attention on her. So we called it off.

I still have my opportunities to dress up plenty. I have posted previously about performing en femme at burlesque shows and the GG friends I’ve made through burlesque

The desire to be a bride still lingers and i decided to at least enjoy the experience of visiting a bridal salon. I did that Las November in Las Vegas the staff were amazing and helpful and in a moment of weakness I bought a beautiful dress for myself.

Fast Forward to now - The dress arrived and I was planning on doing a fitting so it’s just right. I’m back in Las Vegas in May, which coincides with a burlesque festival I will be attending with some of my GG burlesque friends. I told them about my fitting and now they will be joining me at the salon. Super fun!

Last night we performed a show together and they told me they found a great old mansion to do a photoshoot in. I assumed it was for a promo/publicity shoot for our Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend act where the girls dress in tuxedos and I am Marilyn Monroe. But no, they want to wear their tuxes and want me in my wedding dress. Not for a promo shoot, just for fun.

Such a fun idea by my girlfriends and it’s not like I’m always talking about being a bride or anything they just came up with the idea. Of course I’ll ask my wife if she wants to join in the fun but if not, I will have several “grooms” at the shoot.

I’m so excited. Both for the fitting and the photoshoot.
    Last edited by Heisthebride; 04-08-2018 at 10:11 AM.
    Rebecca Bas

Oh my, that sounds like so much fun! Can't wait to see pics; good luck!!

I hope your wife sees the advantages in what you are doing.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.