Thread: Saw another crossdresser today?

Saw another crossdresser today?

Since my wife had her stroke I get to do the weekly grocery shopping. I prefer going to our local Wal-Mart early on Sunday morning, around 8a.m. I like that time because it isn't that crowded and I am not a big fan of crowds.

Today I was doing my normal walk through the women's section to see if there is anything new that catches my attention. Since I have become very comfortable browsing through the women's section and I go every week it doesn't take me a long time to look at anything new.

As I was looking at the winter things that are on sale I looked over and saw this guy walking around the women's section too looking at the clothes. He saw me look at him and he turned around and headed the other direction. Not finding anything I like I went over to look at the jewelry, again I didn't find anything that I liked. After that I decided to look for a beige bra in my size since that is about the only color I don't own. Again I see this same guy still walking around the women's clothing section. Didn't find a bra in my size that I liked so I thought I would look at what night clothes they have (which is a small selection). As I was looking this guy came around the corner saw me and turned around right away. Again I didn't find anything I liked so I thought I would just go do my grocery shopping.

After I got done grocery shopping I saw the same man looking at sports bras. Since I was there almost an hour I thought he must have been shopping for himself, but I could have been wrong. I go through the self checkout a lot since sometimes it is faster. As I was checking out I noticed he also was in the self check outs. Couldn't tell what he had bought, but it was some type of clothing.

I might have said something to him, but it seemed that every time he saw me he turned around and walked the other way. I just assumed he was embarrassed about shopping for himself.

Wow
    i was at Wal-mart the other day and i saw the most nice looking cross dresser i have ever seen ,she wore a white top a nice pink bra and a nice short orange skirt oh and heels wow she was so fine. all i could do was stare at her .i kept gonig over to where she was to look at her .she even squatted down once when i came by i got to see her black panties she just smiled at me i didnt have the nerve to go and talk to her .my bad .now i think of her all the time.oh well next time.LOL

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Perhaps he could have been a loss prevention officer!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    This is such an interesting thread since just this morning I decided to go to Walmart for some grocery needs and yes I was
    dressed. I go to this local Walmart a lot and I’m sure many who work there know me not by name but as the tall trans girl.
    I’ve never had any bad issues either nothing but friendly service.

I saw a T-girl at a local bar one town over last night. I saw her the last time I was there as well, last fall. I'm guessing she was a regular there, as she seemed to know a lot of people. I wanted to say hi, but didn't want to come off as a stalker. lol.
    Maybe next time....
    "Samm" Sammara Michaels

I also speak fluent sarcasm

The other shopper sounds like it could have been me a couple of years ago. It just takes some getting used to, just like everything we do.

Today I was shopping at Ross in male mode, took a top back to the dressing room attendant, and almost walked into the women's side by accident. On my way out, the attendant, a guy, asked if I was keeping the top. A couple of years ago this would have terrified me. I can completely understand why your guy was going out of his way to avoid you, but my example shows there is hope for him.

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/

I've seen other crossdressers in three of the last four occasions that I've been out shopping. It seems to be getting quite normal where I am and no one seems to care.

The avvy pic isn't me
    Quote Originally Posted by Happilymarriedguy View Post
    I might have said something to him, but it seemed that every time he saw me he turned around and walked the other way. I just assumed he was embarrassed about shopping for himself.
    Maybe it was for the best that you didn't speak to him; I think talking to someone when they're in that anxious, nervous state can be a bit much to take and may just scare them more about future shopping.

But if you had ran into him again outside the store when the nervous edge was worn off, maybe you could have offered him some support and comfort for the next time.

Just a thought.
    Cass

I am sure in our early experiences we have all made furtive looks when checking out lingerie.

Of course I never looked suspicious. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    I admit something like this happened to me before and after checking out I found out it was a loss prevention officer. He actually stopped and looked inside my bags. That's how I knew he worked there.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah Louise View Post
    I've seen other crossdressers in three of the last four occasions that I've been out shopping. It seems to be getting quite normal where I am and no one seems to care.
    I like to think it is far more common than we think. When you say you saw one that means you clocked someone who did not pass. You could have seen twenty others everytime you shop that do pass but by definition that means you would not know.

Reality Check
    On of the surest ways to call attention to yourself is to run and hide whenever someone sees you shopping in the women's section. You are allowed to buy women's clothes. If you're going to do it, own it.

On the other hand, some women get nervous when they see a man in the lingerie section and may even go to the manager about a "creepy man hanging around the bra rack" so you have to use a bit of discretion when shopping.
    Krisi

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer0918 View Post
    I admit something like this happened to me before and after checking out I found out it was a loss prevention officer. He actually stopped and looked inside my bags. That's how I knew he worked there.
    I know he wasn't a loss prevention officer. As I stated when I was checking out he was too, and he had some type of clothing. It appeared to be the sports bras he was last looking at, but couldn't tell for sure. Also when I was driving away he also was leaving the parking lot.

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Read this and couldn't think of anything but the Father Ted episode where the priests were lost wandering the lingerie section.

I work in supermarket nights,and have seen more than one CD taking advantage of late night shopping,I see no benefit for me or them to say anything,They are just going about their business and should be left be
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Happilymarriedguy View Post
    I know he wasn't a loss prevention officer. As I stated when I was checking out he was too, and he had some type of clothing. It appeared to be the sports bras he was last looking at, but couldn't tell for sure. Also when I was driving away he also was leaving the parking lot.
    Trust me, because a person is checking out and leaving the store does not mean that the individual is definitely not a loss prevention officer. During the days when I was a grocery store assistant manager, I had to handle giving them credit and put back the items they “shopped” for each and every evening.

Silver Member
    I'm fond of saying, "If you own it, people will buy it" You clearly are comfortable in your skin as a CD, while that other man is not. Anyone observing the two of you would identify you as a legitimate customer, but the other guy will be seen as being up to something. I hope he noticed you owning it and tries to find a way to get more comfortable going forward.

I don't know how often your situation happens, but I feel like being out is an opportunity to teach by example. Fearful closeted CDs can see it's okay to be there and the muggles can see we are just regular folks doing our thing and not harming the world. Maybe even give a fashion tip by showing how well a dress can work on a male body. SAs have told me that they get questions about me after I've left the store, and positive comments.

We have all been there!
    So awkward and difficult.
    My favorite way of introducing myself--if I am in a brave mood--is to grab something female, like a top and ask them, "Do you think this would fit me? Is this color too bold?"

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    It could also have been a man who was really buying something for his wife but was very self conscious about it.

I'm pretty sure I get clocked every time I'm shopping with my wife. She's under 5 feet tall, so most people don't see her in the isles behind the rows or racks.
    I do get surprised looks until they realize I'm not just hovering around the bras and underwear by myself. Lol

Banned Read only
    It's funny how these threads go full circle , I replied to a similar one some years ago, when I had my first siting of one in a grocery store in the English Lake District and one just getting on a cable car in SF .

Now these comments could apply to me , if anyone does see me please come say hello. I did have a funny experience at one of our social meetings when a new member joined us, she immediately recognised me from the forum, she blurted out , " You're Teresa !! " For amoment I did wonder how she knew me until she mentioned the forum .

Quote Originally Posted by Rachael Leigh View Post
    This is such an interesting thread since just this morning I decided to go to Walmart for some grocery needs and yes I was
    dressed. I go to this local Walmart a lot and I’m sure many who work there know me not by name but as the tall trans girl.
    I’ve never had any bad issues either nothing but friendly service.
    Rachael, what part of town are you shopping?

I was in a wallet.art a few years ago. I had a few pkgs of boyshorts in my hand. I was chatting with an SA about the panties and that her bf dresses and she loved that about him.
    A guy about 30 (I am guessing) has some feeling.i in clothes. The SA that I was chatting with said that she would offer her help as he was obviously shopping for himself. She said Hi. The guy shrieked like a girl at a pj party like to ghost stories. He dropped the clothes and ran out.
    The SA commented that he needs to learn that there's nothing wrong with buying women's clothing for himself.