Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Accepting and supoorting

From reading it seems alot like anything else. There are many different levels of Acceptance and Support.

But you will never get support without acceptance obviously.

Just like anything else in our personal relationships things develop and mature, as a certain level of acceptance increases, eventually the support may come along.

Acceptance could be as simple as your SO giving you access to her panty drawer because she knows you are in there anyway, or she may let you go out without her.

Support is an entirely different level of Acceptance I think. Again this can have many different levels.

Possibly the best way to differentiate between the 2 would be Participation.

I think to consider there to be support, there would need to be some type of participation from your SO.

Just because she lets you in the panty drawer, doesnt mean that she is going to buy a couple of extra pair of the black ones because that is what you like.

OR

If she is OK with you going out, she may never want to be seen with you in public while dressed.

You have to take what you can get. It is all good.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    My descriptions are:
    - deal-breaker. Choose CDing or me.
    - understanding, but don't want to see. DADT
    - tolerating. She rolls her eyes.
    - accepting. OK but indifferent.
    - supportive. Helpful, encouraging.
    - participating, privately.
    - participating, publicly

Maybe one more: pie-in-the-sky. OMG, I am SO turned on when you dress up.

I am somewhere between accepting and supportive, and happy to be there.
    I guess mine would be the bottom one, Participating, publicly. with times of Pie in the sky. When we are out of town. We go out together. She refers to me as Kelsey. We are best friends. Appropriate attire when home, no see thru or to reveling, as our daughters know too. Even when dressed my girls refer to me as daddy.

Kelsey

Banned Read only
    My wife is totally non accepting. It's deep "Don't Ask, Don't Tell." Never a word. Never a snide remark. At best, if I left a bra or panty out in plain sight, she'll tell me she picked it up and placed it on top of the washing machine.

The entire thing is somewhat funny. When we were first married decades ago lingerie was incorporated into "bedroom play" because I told her I loved the feel of nylon. We even shopped together for several floor length nightgowns for me. She even bought me some black stockings and a garter belt to wear. All was good until she found I had bought some bras. The revelation was forced when our daughter pulled open the bottom draw of my armoire and open a box holding my small collection of lingerie. She pulled out a vivid red Vanity Fair bra. That brought about "The Talk." The talk brought about there was more to my story than just liking to wear nylon. That turned her off totally. It was the old she married a man, and, she was not a lesbian. It took some time for her to realize this was just another dimension of her husband and had nothing to do with her or anyone else.

Susan. My wife caught me about a month after we wed many years ago. I panicked and I made the most common promise I'll never do it again. My wife said something like bull shirt (the r was silent).
    My wife will asked for the SA's name that did my breasts fitting. My wife will ask to see the SA. She asks flat out My husband had a bra fitting and I want to buy him some bras for his birthday etc. My wife knows my other sizes so she doesn't have to wait for me to have a fitting.
    My wife was the one that threw out all of my male underwear a month or two after she caught me. If she goes to the mall she comes home with more clothes for me than she gets for herself

Susan,

I am as well “envious and curious”. . .

Accepting and supportive? At one time yes more so than now, where she would help me dress on the weekends when we had time, show me how to use some makeup products. We would also go shopping once a month for each of us, and of course she would want me to wear as much feminine clothing as I could get away with.

Whenever I have dressed around the house or we went on our outings she would always call me by Michelle and use “she”, most of the sales ladies do the same when I am out and about in their stores regardless if I am dressed or not.

Conversations? She has mentioned that when I’m fully dressed or if I’m just in a skirt and sweatshirt, that our conversations are more meaningful and that I pay attention more. I know she likes it because she will lay out a skirt or a nice blouse for me to wear when she wants to cuddle and chat.

“THE” conversation... if the conversation bothers you or her then you should speak with her more. I found that the more we spoke the easier it was for her to accept me. Also you should ask her to create an account here, so she can ask her questions that she may be too embarrassed to ask you in person. Before we came to this site we used a chat program anonymously so we didn’t know who each other was. She would post questions and I as well as others would answer her and she would get a better understanding of what other people thought. Which helped her, but also made her more curious as to how far I was willing to go with “Michelle”. . .

@—}——
    Michelle

My fiance is supportive in that she has made clothing and wig suggestions, generally recommending what she thinks will improve my possibility and make me more attractive in femme. She makes general recommendations relating to makeup, but she is not big on makeup herself so it's nothing particular. She has never made purchases for me, but has been shopping with me and helped me pick out clothing, etc.