Thread: Diet Success!

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar

Diet Success!

I mentioned here in replies to other threads that I also was on a diet. I joined Weight Watchers January 5th. During that time to today I worked a month, went to Florida from February 6th until April 5th. In February my wife and I also took a 10 day cruise through the Panama Canal. Well you would think that with all the restaurant food and cruise buffets and sit down dinners the best a person could do was hold the fort. Well. WW has a new program that really works, at least for me and my wife. I am proud to say that she had reached her goal and now has "Lifetime" status which means that she weighs in monthly and as long as she stays in range of her goal weight she has free membership. As for me, I have lost 20 lbs and more that 10% body weight. Yesterday I had to buy new jeans since my current ones were all gathered up at the waist and looked baggy all over. I have been wearing Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda Slim jeans for years and my last purchase in September were 14's. I cannot tell you how thrilled I was to comfortably fit into size 10's. I'm not stupid and realize that stretch jeans do not translate exactly to dress sizes but I am pretty sure that when I get to go dress shopping in the next few weeks I should be able to try on 12's. I am soo stoked. I only have a few pounds to hit goal and be able to say I am back in the 150's lbs. range which I have not seen since my 40's. As I inch up on 70 years old next February I truly feel empowered. I have to thank my wife who showed me that age was not the issue since she is only 2 years younger than me and lost 65 lbs in one year. I hope to post before and after pics in the next few weeks and will answer any questions here or through PM's from anyone who has questions about the diet. I feel better than I have in years both physically and mentally. Hope this motivates some here who have been in my position. I always say that my dressing has kept me motivated to be more healthy in many ways.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Congrats to you both!

I'm in similar mode, within 2lbs (1kg) of my pre-Christmas weight. Have ordered a new dress to celebrate.
    I used to have a short attention spa

I also say that my dressing keeps me healthier, and well done to you!
    Stacy
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Wow! Well done for lots of reason among those being healthier. Of course size 10 jeans do not hurt the ego at all! We await new you pictures in your new clothes.

Congratulations to you and your wife

Hi Stephanie,

Well done on the weight loss and the impressive loss of body weight. Very jealous of your new size 10 !

Congrats to both of you.

way to go Steph!! i can also fit into size 10's but with my hip
    and butt pads i prefer size 12.
    so whatcha gonna do with your old size 12's?? cough, cough, wink, wink,
    paula

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Thanks for your encouraging post, Steph. Whatever it takes to lose weight and improve your health, (and your fem figure), is good!

Unfortunately, diets don't usually work in the long run. They r great for losing pounds fast. But, only diet change keeps the weight from returning. I hope u keep yours off!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Stephanie, congratulation on your weight loss.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

It takes a lot of discipline to control your weight, just don't put it back on. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

That is so great, Stephanie! Keep it up!

I'm trying to do the same and having success, though not as great as yours yet. Until I was about 50 I couldn't gain weight if I wanted. It all caught up with me then, and I maintained that "eat anything I want" habit well after my metabolism could no longer burn it off. I'm paying the price. Now if I can lose the weight and keep the boobs I'll be a happy camper!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Congrats to you both.
    Very well done and especially having been on a cruise.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 04-11-2018 at 01:16 PM.

Congrats, Stephanie!!! 20lbs is a huge accomplishment!! Oh to be in the 150 lb range...you b*$%! LOL...just kidding, so happy for you.

That's true

Congrath Stephanie, good for you. I have worked at weight loss too.

Last year 20 lbs and so far 5 lbs this year. For me I feel a lot better and clothes too.

Rayleen
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

I'll add my congrats as well.

I also made the decision to not just get in shape, but change my eating and exercise habits. I exercise three times a week for an hour, and changed what and how much I eat.

In Jan of 2017, during my annual visit to the cardiologist I weighed 217 and had a 40 inch waist. He was not a happy camper to say the least. Fast forward to today, my weight is 178 and my waist is 34 inches.

39 lbs and 6 inches gone!

My cardiologist? He was very pleased when I saw him last month.

Stephanie,
    great job. I am happy for your positive results
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Platinum Member
    Congrats! At six foot I think the last time I weighed 150 pounds was back in 1965. I'm stuck on 200 lbs which actually works well with my frame. There are so many clothes options in the smaller sizes. More importantly shedding all the excess weight really takes stress off the knee joints.

Congratulations Stephanie! I understand the urge to squeeze into a lower dress size. That's a great motivator during the stretches when I can't dress - I can prepare for my next chance by merely pushing away dessert. 30 pounds lost over the last three years, a tiny bit at a time.

Kudos to you! I'd have to concur, that smaller dress size certainly is a motivator!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Well thanks to everyone for the encouragement. Today was a hallmark for me because I hit 159 lbs. which at my age is a healthy low weight for me. But better yet, I weighed in today at WW and officially hit my goal weight and reclaimed my status as a Lifetime Member. So that means free membership with monthly weigh-ins that must be within my weight range. Monday I go dress shopping with a friend here in CT and have already bought a cute outfit to go shopping and do lunch. I hope to post a thread with the results of that outing next week. Thanks again for all the support and if anyone wants to PM me with any questions about Weight Watchers feel free to do so. I have had issues with hypoglycemia for decades and even that has been resolved so there are even more benefits than just a smaller dress size.

Congratulations! You will have something to celebrate on Monday!

Platinum Member
    That's wonderful, Steph!

I know its possible. I dropped from 270 to 230 simply by cutting out nightly beers and working out 3-4 days a week
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

That is really awesome! I've lost around 15 pounds but am stuck in a plateau. Might have something to do with chocolate...Anyways, I'm very happy for you!!!