Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Man, I feel like a

Teresa,

As you say when out dressed we dont behave as males. We emulate female traits, we have empathy with things that women experience, walking in heels springs to mind, however fundamentally we can't truly feel what a woman feels emotionally, instinctively.

Presenting and behaving in a feminine manner allows us to pass through the world around us. We're able to shop, dine, travel while presenting feminine. We're able to experience much of what women experience even things like the intrepidation of being out alone late at night.

So I can accept we can share so much with women. There will however always be things that are alien to us.

I see nothing wrong in accepting we have limitations in what we're able to understand about the female condition. Who was it said a man should know his limitations?

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Hmm? What it feels like to be a woman? I think with me this is what I want to experience. But, it is a bit of a contrivance from a genetic and nurtured male POV.
    But, that's exactly what I want. I am male and I enjoy being male. Tool user and problem solver. No matter what the challenge.
    You know, like makeup. I couldn't imagine taking on that art project every day all day.

6166p.JPG

And when I'm experiencing my adventure in female portrayal, I'm generally the only one wearing a skirt and heels.
    I would imagine the afterthought from my observers would go something like, "Gosh that homely woman was big. You know, I think that was a man!"

4-10-18_Moment(2)c post.jpg4-10-18_Moment c post.jpg
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

For me, there is a distinction between feeling physically as a woman feels (purely as far as wearing the clothes is concerned) and experiencing the psychological and emotional feelings of being a woman. I have never tried or wanted to do the latter. Of course, I recognise that even wearing the clothes cannot fully replicate the physical feelings a woman has when wearing those same items (because of physical bodily differences) but to the extent that clothes such as skirts, bras, stockings, slips, girdles, heels, etc generate very different sensations from men's clothes, I think I can get some limited idea of how it feels - purely physically - to be (dressed as) a woman. I don't look for anything more.