Thread: Buying the dress you want now, or risk losing it forever

Buying the dress you want now, or risk losing it forever

So this month I decided I was going to cut back on my spending on womens' clothes. I was still going to buy a little, but not too much. Then something happened....
    I had previously posted that I was trying to get my panties to outnumber my mens' underwear, the count now being M-19 W-17. So I made up my mind I was going to buy 1 more pair of panties for this month, and then do my best not to buy anything else. Easier said than done.
    While trying to decide which pair to have made, I stumbled across the other items that were being sold, and I saw a beautiful slip dress with white ruffles. I reminded myslef to buy it later, but then I saw something that made my heart jump.... ONLY 2 LEFT!!! Making sure I got the right measurements because this one goes by hips as well, I have been chatting back and forth with the seller to make sure she gets the right measurements before the last 2 are sold. Then she hand-makes them.
    This is not the first time I just had to buy something right away or lose it forever. 1 of my dresses this almost happened with, and I got the very last one. How many of you have been in the same boat? Quite a few I am guessing.

She makes them to order yet only has two left and can't get more? Could be if it is a special fabric but it seems like (if it is a popular item) they always find a way to get more.

As for panties, after my recent downsizing, I am sitting at M-0 W-225+. That is way better than the M-0 W-400+ it used to be!!!

mini kilted chick t-girlxsophie's Avatar
    Yes I've had that must have it moment,of course then had to go buy the heels,bag etc that matched
    We look to Scotland,for all our Ideas of Civilisation-Voltaire

========================================

A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower.
    A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower-a rose
    Facebook:Sophie Johnson

Silver Member
    There's a connection between snoozing and losing, but I forgot how the quote goes.

I observed happening to me a few years ago. I found a pair of shoes at Payless I really liked. Black patent wedges that fit perfectly and looked really cute. A female customer, a complete stranger, agreed. But I decided I had already spent enough money that day, so I put them back, intending to pick them up next time I was in the store. Nope. They weren't there and never were again. I have never seen anything like them since, anywhere.

Ever since, I have been acutely aware that I might get only one chance to buy that fabulous dress, or whatever. IIt's magnified by the fact that it's sometimes hard to find something that fits my size and shape right. So putting something back on the rack to wait for a discount is a crapshoot I reluctantly live with. Sometimes.

Been there. Two months ago I bought two Ralph Lauren dresses from Zulily for work. There were two more I really wanted, but didn’t think I had the funds for. So I favorited them and figured I would get them when Lauren came up again on Zulily. Well, Lauren came up again but those dresses were gone in my size. I got another dress I wanted, but those other two are gone for good and I wish I had just taken the plunge.
    Carries a spray bottle of "pink fog" around with her in her purse at all times.

That's the thing. With male clothing, you can put off buying something forever. Come back a year later, and they'll still have the same thing. With female clothing, if you don't buy it when you first see it, it's gone forever. I've had that experience many times.

How did that happen ? Samantha2015's Avatar
    Whenever I find anything I like in my size is sold out, I always blame you other crossdressers out there
    for beating me to it !!!

I mean isn't it odd that sizes 11 and 12 will sell out before all the other sizes
    of a high heel sandal ??

But that keeps me from spending too much on my credit card so maybe I should thank you all instead of being mad.
    Last edited by Samantha2015; 04-14-2018 at 01:53 AM.
    Hugs
    Samantha

I hate spending a lot on something I usually only wear once.

But I saw the wedding dress I'm wearing in my avatar in a thrift store I thought I shouldn't spend $40.
    The next day I felt I had to have it and bought it. the SA said it was nice to see it get a new home. LOL
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I believe that just as Eve was enjoying her first palm leaf dress, she noticed how wonderful it would be to wear a bamboo leaf ensemble.
    After just this morning purchasing 7 pairs of my favorite panties (Elila 3405 had to get one of each color), I read the OP and the words custom made
    started me thinking about a new maid's dress.

It's just the way it works.

I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Just thinking about buying is enough to remind me of what I actually put back on the racks during the week!

And as Samantha has realised, we must buy what we want before she gets there!

Now back to sewing my new red apron!
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

I just bought a wig n ebay that i was watching for several days. I didn't want it to go somewhere else. I have already spent my monthly budget on clothes and things, and it's only the 13th. What will I do when dollar day comes to GW?
    wig.jpg
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Unhappy Sour Grapes?

As someone who has NOT missed out on most things I've wanted? I suggest u stop dreaming about that "perfect" item u missed!

First: There's a reason u didn't grab it rite then, rite? Why is u never think of that when u reminisce about the missed piece?

Second: Many of my "didn't miss it" buys r too much like others I have, like, and wear more.

Third: Many of them don't fit, look, or match other pieces like I hoped they would!

4th: So what? There'll always be another "gotta have it" item come up. Grab that one instead!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I think I have an encyclopedia of lost opportunities, it has kept me from being penniless though.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The funny thing is, 1 of the last pair of panties I bought was a handmade item, meaning it took the person selling it 1-2 weeks to stitch everything together by hand, and then she would ship it out. No doubt she takes great pride in her craftsmanship. The item I wanted so badly was not in a plastic bag sitting in a warehouse somewhere. So why did I buy it right away instead of waiting? ONLY 3 LEFT was what caught my eye, and I knew I would be deeply disappointed if I missed out on it.

Thing is though, the person who makes these seems to have a very small business, one that I am betting she does in her spare time to make a little extra cash right out of her own house. If the demand came up for a particular item and a lot of people wanted it, wouldn't she simply be able to go to the store and get more materials to make more?

I bought my new wig at Keystone right after it was used in a demonstration! I found out afterwards that I was not the only one who wanted it! It is interesting to note sometimes this is just crazy! I got a catalog and immediately went to the website to order an item and it was already sold out in my size! Do they limit the number produced or what? I wanted that item so bad and they were sold out before I even had a chance to order it! Oh, well I will just cherish all the good stuff I do have! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Tough decision!

I love high heels, my wife tolerated it for some time, then had a melt down so I purged the the few I had, nothing memorable. But during that time I ran across a pair of to die for heels. I just couldn't get myself to buy them knowing my wife would have a fit. I did end up buying her a pair. A few months latter she says we need to talk and she decides my enjoyment of heels isn't hurting no one, so I was free to indulge, slowly. I have looked high and low for those heels since and have not found them. I have a 3 running searches on eBay with various descriptions hoping they will show up, not luck! Very frustrating! In hind sight I should have bought a pair and stashed them away, somehow!