Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: If your a CD in a marriage or relationship are you in a dictatorship?

I am meek and shy. My wife dominates the relationship. She does all the heavy lifting. For years I was just the tallest kid in the family. Kids moved out, so now just the two of us. DADT relationship. She pays the bills and her checkbook always balances. If I want something--it takes persistent asking and wheedling.

I've noticed throughout my lifetime that there are deal-breakers in all marriages, both from the husband's and wife's point of view. And the deal-breakers are different for everyone.

We should none of us judge, especially when it comes to someone else's sex life.
    Reine

Platinum Member
    I’ve been a part of two long marriages totaling nearly 40 years. Both ended in divorce. I can go on and on about what went wrong, but so much more was right. We seemed to share common core values, we had similar aspirations, and often worked well together on common problems and challenges.

Neither marriage was remotely a dictatorship and each of us remained free to make our own decisions.