Thread: taking larger steps

taking larger steps

Yesterday I pushed myself to a new limit with my dressing.
    History, I am very much in the closet and have had a few times when I drove into the Denver wearing a nice top with bra and forms, but always in the car or if I got out I put a jacket on.

Yesterday I had a Eye Dr appointment and had to run some additional errands,
    I decided I would wear bra, forms and camisole under my drab clothing.

Had the entire appointment without any strange looks or comments. Thought the receptionist might have had a clue.

What I determined, was nobody cares or pays any attention to others. The hardest part was convincing myself that I was going to wear these items in public. Maybe making the drives into Denver has helped. Next steps will be not wearing drab outer wear.

Steps one at a time.

Heidi
    hugs and more hugs

Rhandi

Besides no one cares or notices, you should be aware that there is a third possibility: that everyone you ran into was too polite to say anything. Don’t know how prominent your forms were or anything but I feel like you should be aware that it is entirely possible that you were noticed.

I understand the desire for one toe at a time so to speak. However at some point the scale will tip from subtle femme touches to “MIAD”, which is fine if that’s what you want. But if your goal is to go unnoticed, at some point “one layer at a time” won’t work anymore and you’ll have to go the whole nine yards with hair and makeup.

Micki is right but if you prefer to go one step at a time then do what your comfortable with. I found just underdressing is my comfort zone right now. The zone might move one way to less or more later as I progress.

Micki’s advise is right-on. Most probably, you were noticed. I’ve had similar experiences. Lots of underneath, but the scales finally tipped and so will yours. It will be a whole new world.Yes, one step at a time. I’ve never had anyone say anything...a couple smiles. Best to you on your journey.

It is possible someone noticed, but if you are comfortable with how you progress so be it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Heidi,
    If you take that step go all the way and not halfway , I don't mean to upset any MIADS here but dressing completely and appropriately will work better for you . OK I keep saying everyday can be harder to do , it raises the obvious questions of makeup , wig and clothes , just do a little more GG watching if you're not sure .

I know I've been through this situation of underdressing , wondering if they noticed , well fully dressed they would expect you to wear a bra , they would think it odd if you didn't .

thanks everyone for the comments.
    I appreciate all the feedback.
    hugs and more hugs

Rhandi

Hi Heidi! That's good news! But keep going, it keeps getting better. Every time you go out, you will become more and more comfortable.
    Stephanie

Teresa I myself dress completely all the time and go everywhere dressed. I have not wore a bra with my forms in years and no one has said that they expected me to wear a bra. Heidi just do what is comfortable for yourself.

Hi Heidi,
    Were you hoping someone would notice?

My guess is that people at the doctors office noticed but are professional enough not to say anything.

I guess you have to proceed at your comfort level.
    Last edited by char GG; 05-01-2018 at 04:32 PM.

Heidi,

Truth told, unless your forms are very small people noticed, but as previously said were too polite to say anything. Let's face it, it would take a real *%$"! to blurt out, Have you got falsies on or are they your own?" Certainly not something you'll hear in a medical practitioners offices.

By all means take it forward in small steps but again as others have said there'll come a point where going fully enfemme is the better option for being as inconspicuous as is possible. Being neither one thing or the other will draw more stares than being fully enfemme, dressed to blend. I wish you well on your forthcoming adventures.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Gold Member
    Heidi;
    I wear a bra 24/7, with a dab polo shirt over it.
    I have been doing this for over 6 years now; and no one has ever said one word to me.
    I wear a 52-B. and fill it out all by myself. There is some projection, but with a lose shirt
    on top, you can not really tell.
    So go for it, you are not breaking any Laws, so what will or can they do.
    Rader