Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you store/keep your femme wardrobe...?

Platinum Member
    My wife and I are in a deep DADT. She has not said anything for years and years about my cross dressing. Consequently, she has no idea of the extent of my wardrobe. Unfortunately, DADT means everything is in storage boxes; over 18 Xerox boxes stacked in our converted garage. My original collection of lingerie (primarily slips, panties and bras) is kept in a large box in my nightstand by my side of the bed. I keep some of my panties in my armoire. I am envious of those who are able to hang their dresses in plain sight. I have 160 dresses which would never fit in our walk-in closet with all our regular clothes. One of our friends when he had his house built had a storage room built with the only access through a hidden door in the back of a closet in one of the spare bedrooms. I wish I had it.

at one time it was under the bottom drawer of a dressers not many things can fit so overflow stuff would go under the bed Dresses and skirts would but hung up on the far side of my guy things kinda of hidden. but after she found my boobs she was not a happy camper with them told me to put things in a suitcase which we have a lot of.
    So now I use a spare bedroom to hang my stuff up and use a duffel bag for everything else. but I did a bad thing a bought 2 huge lots of womens clothing off ebay and that had to go into 2 duffel bags and put in a truck bed storage box that came off truck I no longer have.
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

Reality Check
    My clothes are on hangers in two closets. They could be mistaken for my wife's clothes by a guest except for the quantity added to her clothes. Shoes and of course boobs, wig and butt padding are a different story so if there's a guest or two, they have to be hidden away. I put them in coolers in the garage the last time we had a house guest.
    Krisi

Jennifer's girly things are in my outside garden shed about 12 feet from my back door. I always do what my wife says. It is a DADT relationship. I have about 11 plastic storage boxes and a few items in garment bags on a hanging clothes rack. She bought these for me. About 20 pair of shoes and 16 wigs. About 20 or 30 dresses. Cold in winter--gosh silicone gets so cold!

And its hot in summer--that cannot be good for makeup. I only froze some foundation once--usually it is OK.
    I dress when she is out of the house. Or I am at support group meetings. Or at Saugatuck TG Weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by IleneD View Post
    Oh no you don't, dear. Really..... no.
    You want those those to jump out of their bag, run about proudly and loudly and display themselves from a flag pole. They will scream to The Muggles, "Here was the human being you never knew and never understood, and she was beautiful!!"
    I hope that one day I have the courage to agree

Quote Originally Posted by Joni T View Post
    In the closet between my wife's stuff and my drab stuff.
    Same for me.

Chelsea Von Chastity gender_blender's Avatar
    2 closets, my bureau, a clothing rack, and a 5x10 storage unit.

All my clothes, masculine and feminine, are just mixed up in my draws and hanging rails.

The same way any girl keeps her clothes.

In a wardrobe in the bedroom.

I have some mens trousers and shirts at one end along with a couple of pairs of shoes.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

All my feminine things are stored in four closets around the house and more draws in the bedroom. Closets are shared with my wife.

I have most of my clothes in our front hall closet and my panties in my bureau drawer. I'll be moving my clothes into our closet when we finish an addition and add some much needed closet space.

Interesting comments...all. The one thing that is a bummer about having to move out of the closet in the spare bedroom is how nice and accessible everything is. Plus I can use the whole spare bedroom when I have the opportunity to dress. even has a dresser with a mirror in the room.

Ilene...I too am obsessive about how my things are organized into my closet. To have to pack things away in boxes will really mess with my sense of "place".

Cindy

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

I tried to post a picture of my current closet situation, couldn't seem to get a picture to upload.

I keep all my femme clothing in my closet. I've reduced my male clothing to the absolute minimum (a half a dozen or so items at the end of the rod) so I have more room for femme stuff. I have a chest of drawers for underwear, sleepware, jeans and tee shirts. There isn't a single item of male clothing in it.

I'm looking forward to the time when the items at the end of the rod go to Goodwill and I can wear normal clothing all the time.

My femme clothing is all over the place, my closet, wife's closet, guest closet. Every so often I try to tackle this and throw out old clothes, of both varieties. But over time entropy reasserts itself and the relative chaos grows.

interesting question.
    I thought i did not have much until i started thinking about it all.
    My 'immediate go to' clothes are all in a drawer under my side of the bed. In there are most of my 2 dozen panties , most of my bras, the current crop of tops, skirts, and full dresses. Then there is a large duffel under my desk in the office that has my makeup and jewelry, more panties, bras, tops, skirts and shoes. Add to that, several nightgowns, leisure wear and better wigs. then,... out in the shed i have a sealed trunk that has my 'out of season' clothing, more bras, panties, suits, casual wear and shoes. in another drawer under the bed are my forms, (multiple).
    I have a couple of costume wigs in the office closet hanging in bags among my stage costumes. wow! i need a room!

I realized i have way more than i thought!

Well let me see. My main closet is all fem clothes the closet in the tv room is half fem. I have old steamer trunk on the balcony which is all fem three large totes in the attic with my out of season wardrobe. Oh yes and my highboy is pretty much all fem. And no I don't have to hide my stuff when we have company over. Most everybody knows of my hobby. Life is good. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

Dressers and closet; I have several full size suitcases with combination locks, where I can move all my stuff and put it up in the attic crawlspace reasonably quickly should I need to hide it for any reason. But I have keyed doorknob locks on all my interior doors, that I keep certain ones locked whenever entertaining any guests, and have those nice hydraulic door closers on them, as well. And no, I haven't locked myself out of my house in decades.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I have two dresses and a leather skirt hidden inside suit bags within our walk-in robe, otherwise all of my clothes and hosiery are locked in a small cupboard in the garage. My collection of boots, heels and ballet flats are hidden in a couple of boxes also in the garage. Limited storage space and a DADT relationship stops me from buying more.

My wardrobes sit alongside everything else. It's a nice system because it's rare for me to say inwardly 'i have nothing to wear' . . . lol

My clothes are either in a dresser drawer or in the closet. No secrets from my wife.

I have a large closet in my master bedroom. All of my dresses and skirts and loungers and other hanging items are in there. My panties, camisoles, hosiery, etc, are in drawers in the bureau, also in the bedroom.

I don’t have a wife, and I live alone, so all the space is mine and I do exactly as I want to.
    My favorite dress is a Dirndl.

Cindy-I'm a closet crossdresser,my name is Michelle.I have a deadbolt lock on my den/office door,in my home,where I keep a stash of dresses,several skirts,tops/blouses,pantyhose&shoes/heels&I simply lock the door when company comes over.I began dressing
    many years ago,using mothers clothes&began buying own stash online over time.No one knows my secret&mom&I are about the same size,so I could get away with trying on dresses,skirts,slacks,tops&shoes without stretching anything.Ocasionally,I would lift a
    fresh pkg of pantyhose out of mothers 1000 pairs she kept in her drawer&I could dress in her wardrobe in the morning,after she left for work&I could practice walking in heels
    "Love&Kisses"
    Michelle

At this time my spouse has no idea of my dressing (which is now 40+ years) which is such a pain, but she is not an open-minded person. Many years ago hiding my girl things was easy but over the past couple years my collection has greatly expanded, omg! I now have a inside storage unit (one that is temperature controlled) that I rent. It's only 2 miles away and not far from work so it (so far) has worked out pretty well. It is a large enough unit that I have a stand up "closet" that I can put hanging items inside to keep my dresses looking nice. I also have several drawers (pink ones!) that I can put lingerie items in. I also have a 3-way mirror so I can try on my newest additions, and a small padded stool to sit on when I try on new shoes. I added a small rug so that my feet are comfy as I'm changing. It isn't what I want but for the situation I'm in, it works. For items used daily (like panties) I have a bag I keep in my trunk. Luckily my spouse isn't interested in my car trunk! Envious of all you other girls who have a better set-up, but wanted to provide another view on how to hide.

I dwell on my own so I have femme clothes in every upstairs room. It is more difficult to find my male clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferR771 View Post
    Jennifer's girly things are in my outside garden shed about 12 feet from my back door. I always do what my wife says. It is a DADT relationship. I have about 11 plastic storage boxes and a few items in garment bags on a hanging clothes rack. She bought these for me. About 20 pair of shoes and 16 wigs. About 20 or 30 dresses. Cold in winter--gosh silicone gets so cold!

And its hot in summer--that cannot be good for makeup. I only froze some foundation once--usually it is OK.
    I dress when she is out of the house. Or I am at support group meetings. Or at Saugatuck TG Weekend.
    Yes, but where do you store the lawnmower and the snowblower. In your bedroom?