Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for those who identify as a CD only?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question for those who identify as a CD only?

How many of you put as much effort into your male appearance as you do your female presentation?

Depends on whats going on and what I am doing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Not me. In male mode I'm me.... I dress the part I'm doing. Uniform at work and tee shirt and shorts on the weekends... don't shave. Now if I'm singing in church I'll dress up a bit and shave.

When planning a girl outing there's the choice of clothing and makeup and shoes....etc

Not me. Male = quick and casual. CD = slow and feminine. Minutes vs hour(s).

Banned Read only
    I don't need any effort at all to look like a man. as I am a man.

Early next year I'm going to a wedding, so will spend 30 minutes getting dressed
    It'll be my biggest effort in many years

- that's 15 minutes more than me in getting into girl mode and
    - 25 minutes longer than dressing in boy mode.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Banned Read only
    In Scarlett mode my goal is to put cute, sexy, and classy into every outfit I put together and every photo I take. The time I usually take to pull it all off with a complete photo shoot inclusive of several outfits is: 45 minutes putting outfits together that I'll wear for the shoot in mind and then actually getting the outfits all laid out. Then one hour or less to do my nails and makeup. After getting all my girl on, then I'll spend anywhere from 3 to 5 hours, on the average, to do a complete 200 to 350 picture photo shoot. Then it's time to put everything away in its place - another 45 minutes (I'm talking about putting away clothing, footwear, tights and hose, panties, shape wear, and jewelry. And then lastly, the most dreaded part of the entire cross dressing process, is taking off the nail polish without leaving a trace of it behind and then removing all facial makeup without leaving a trace behind followed up by a shower and getting back fully in guy mode - another hour!

No as far as my male side of fashion, it's no less important to me than my female side of fashion, however, much less time consuming for sure! My goal in male mode is to look handsome, sharp, and well put together. A lot of guys, and girls as well, have no idea how to put themselves together in the way of proper and classy fashion. Just take a stroll through your local mall or Walmart and take a long look around! Ya see what I mean! When I am dressed for church or taking photos on the sidelines of the SEC game of the week, I'm wearing one of my fifteen slim cute Joseph A. Banks suits. They are usually in navy, gray, or black solid colors but I do have three window pane pattern suits that you see the guys on ESPN all of the time. I pair them with pin point cotton shirts which are listed as slim cut as well with a 16.5 inch neck size and a perfect 32 inch sleeve. None of this 32/33 inch crap. The sleeve length is critical when wearing a sharp suit! The shirts may have a point collar or a button down collar and are ordered on line from Paul Fredrick or Joseph A. Banks. The shirts will be white, pink, or light blue and very permanent pressed! The ties are all silk and I buy them at Belks or Dillards. They have usually tight patterns to them that always have a small amount of color in them that match the suit collar and blend well with the suits and shirts. The socks will be always solid and just a shade darker than the suit unless of course I'm wearing a black suite. The shoes are always top of the line Johnston and Murphy. I used to sell them at my last job. Time for dress prep in suit mode can be pulled off in less than 20 minutes - 15 if I'm late for church! The shower before all of that - 15 minutes and that includes shaving my legs!

In casual guy mode, you'll see me in Izod khaki shorts with a long sleeved black comfortable T shirt with no pockets on them and the sleeves rolled up about 3 times. If my shirt is tucked in, I'll have on an almost new black belt and maybe some sharp Sperry deck shoes or Nike running shoes usually with no socks at all. Sometimes I leave the shirt tail out and when I do that, I might not wear a belt. Gotta run the wife just walked in...

I want Scarlett to help me dress -- in both modes!!!
    I am what I am and also what I am not!

I don't put in as much effort into my male self because I'm not trying to hide those qualities. I'm definitely more high maintenance as a woman. Makeup has to be perfect, nails done, matching outfits, etc.

In male mode, I'm a jeans and t-shirt type of guy. In en-femme mode, I take it to the polar opposite direction!

I am not sure what would take me so long to do for my male appearance as it takes for my female appearance. It probably takes me about 10% of the time for male than female, even if I am really trying to look nice.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Male me is very low maintenance. Towel-dry my short hair and wash face with a bar of soap. Simple :P

Girl-mode requires way more attention.

Banned Read only
    I'm the same either way. For the majority of the time it's jeans and t-shirts. I have no reason or desire to be different levels of maintenance.

Silver Member
    I don't put much effort into my male appearance either. Though I and my clothes are always clean and sanitary, which have to be in my line of work.

Like most here, I don't put that much effort when I go out in "male" mode. Depends on where I'm going, but if it's to the dog park, or bunnings (Aussie hardware store chain) I can outside the house within five minutes of getting out of bed. Having said that, the average male in these places looks like they've slept in their clothes, so I don't stand really.

When I dress (and I've yet to either leave the house dressed, or put on a wig or makeup) it can be several 'outfit changes' and up to half an hour deciding what to wear.

Michelle.

In guy mode, casual and comfortable. No desire to draw attention to myself.
    In girl mode, it's all about achieving the desired look at any cost of comfort. Wigs can be hot (I usually lower the thermostat to mitigate the heat), constriction of shapewear, stretching of leg muscles by wearing high heels, etc., but I'm not complaining. It's all good.

Char GG,

Whenever I put on my drab clothing I honestly don’t care what I put on. Whatever is clean and on top or hanging on the left.

Since I usually only wear stockings, panties, bra under my male clothes during the week, on the weekend when I can fully dress, I try to match and look as close as I can to passable sometimes with makeup. Though I find myself falling back on the same habits “clean and on top or hanging on the left”. I do try and yes it does take longer mostly due to familiarity with the clothes and less attention to detail.

@—}——
    Michelle

Banned Read only
    I was raised not to be a slob. I have always worn clean clothes and not tattered, although I do have a pair of well worn cut off jean shorts which my wife forbids me from wearing off our property. Tee shirt, worn jeans and no sock and shoes are my fall back to total comfort.

Other than that I am respectable. I worked in a professional office environment for thirty years. If not a suit and sport coat it was a dress shirt, tie, slacks, shined shoes, clean shaven. Many times I was mistaken for the manager because I was the most professional attired on the staff. If you can image a manager wearing sandals, capri pants and top more suitable for a picnic, that was my manager. The women all seemed to come to work wearing jeans. Some wore sweat suits. It was really total embarrassment. We worked with business men and women, attorneys and certified public accountants. My artistic expression was through colored dress shirts and ties. The ties were selected on how I felt on any particular day.

After hours it has always been clean jeans and collared shirts, although I have an extensive collection of graphic tee shirts of my favorite cartoon characters; Peanuts. The shirts offer a means of expressing how I feel on any given day. The tees also cause many women to smile and offer a casual nod or short pleasantry.

Perhaps I am drawn to wear only dresses because dresses allow me to express artistry. I love floral prints and bright colors. I use to love to draw when I was a kid. I do acknowledge many women look terrific in a nice pair of jeans and tops. I'm just stuck on dresses. Frankly, I see too many women who have put zero effort in their presentation. There is a difference between a clean person wearing clean clothes and a slob, male or female. And I will give any man or woman a total bye if they are coming home after a hard day at work.

During the work day, I look and dress professional. On the weekend, male me is jeans and a t-shirt. Tiffany needs a lot of attention and attention to detail.

Resident Polymath MarinaTwelve200's Avatar
    Well, I usually wear "Business Casual" at work (Sport shirt, Dress pants)---But being a Scientist, that often might be called to go outdoors "in the field" occasionally, I buy most of my clothing from an "Upscale thrift shop" so it's really no big deal if my clothes get dirty or damaged. a 3 or 4 Dollar shirt and a 4 to 6 dollar pair of pants (some of the stuff nearly new) So I can Look good in the office AND in the field (Perhaps a bit over dressed)-------My CD stuff, however comes from "on line" or is "inherited" from females friends. Since I don't go out, my CD wardrobe is generally "role play" and different characters, along with conventional female clothing----As my big CD "fun thing" is photography and costumes---etc.

It takes a lot of work to turn a 59 yer old male into anything closely resembling a GG. Obviously I've been male all my life so presenting as my male self doesn't take much effort shower, shave, brush teeth, comb hair and put on clean clothes. When presenting as a female there is a lot more shaving, 30 minute worth of makeup, extra time styling my wig, more time with foundation garments (getting the right tuck and making sure my bra is not too high on my chest making my breast forms look unnatural), picking the right outfit to blend in for the time of day and occasion, selecting the right accessories (jewelry, scarf, shoes, fragrance etc). So yes I take more time and effort when presenting as my femme self.
    Jill

I don't have too. There is a lot less to male that fem. Plus I live in the country so male is just what ever fits the need for the day. Mostly jeans, tee shirt and boots. Run the comb through my hair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

I'm a bit more sloppy in male mode. Wranglers that have holes in the knees from welding or fencing. Usually just slap on a T Shirt usually not tucked in. I usually go four or more days not shaving and my finger nails are dirty daily. Not much effort unless it's Sunday then hair combed and usually shaved and my best Sunday Go to Meeting clothes.

Male,,,,10 minutes,,,,,Fem,,,,45 minutes to 1 hour, but worth every extra minute!

Andrea definitely requires more work. Andrew not so much.