Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for those who identify as a CD only?

Question for those who identify as a CD only?

How many of you put as much effort into your male appearance as you do your female presentation?

Depends on whats going on and what I am doing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Not me. In male mode I'm me.... I dress the part I'm doing. Uniform at work and tee shirt and shorts on the weekends... don't shave. Now if I'm singing in church I'll dress up a bit and shave.

When planning a girl outing there's the choice of clothing and makeup and shoes....etc

Not me. Male = quick and casual. CD = slow and feminine. Minutes vs hour(s).

Banned Read only
    I don't need any effort at all to look like a man. as I am a man.

I don't put in as much effort into my male self because I'm not trying to hide those qualities. I'm definitely more high maintenance as a woman. Makeup has to be perfect, nails done, matching outfits, etc.

I am not sure what would take me so long to do for my male appearance as it takes for my female appearance. It probably takes me about 10% of the time for male than female, even if I am really trying to look nice.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Male me is very low maintenance. Towel-dry my short hair and wash face with a bar of soap. Simple :P

Girl-mode requires way more attention.

In guy mode, casual and comfortable. No desire to draw attention to myself.
    In girl mode, it's all about achieving the desired look at any cost of comfort. Wigs can be hot (I usually lower the thermostat to mitigate the heat), constriction of shapewear, stretching of leg muscles by wearing high heels, etc., but I'm not complaining. It's all good.

Char GG,

Whenever I put on my drab clothing I honestly don’t care what I put on. Whatever is clean and on top or hanging on the left.

Since I usually only wear stockings, panties, bra under my male clothes during the week, on the weekend when I can fully dress, I try to match and look as close as I can to passable sometimes with makeup. Though I find myself falling back on the same habits “clean and on top or hanging on the left”. I do try and yes it does take longer mostly due to familiarity with the clothes and less attention to detail.

@—}——
    Michelle

Platinum Member
    I was raised not to be a slob. I have always worn clean clothes and not tattered, although I do have a pair of well worn cut off jean shorts which my wife forbids me from wearing off our property. Tee shirt, worn jeans and no sock and shoes are my fall back to total comfort.

Other than that I am respectable. I worked in a professional office environment for thirty years. If not a suit and sport coat it was a dress shirt, tie, slacks, shined shoes, clean shaven. Many times I was mistaken for the manager because I was the most professional attired on the staff. If you can image a manager wearing sandals, capri pants and top more suitable for a picnic, that was my manager. The women all seemed to come to work wearing jeans. Some wore sweat suits. It was really total embarrassment. We worked with business men and women, attorneys and certified public accountants. My artistic expression was through colored dress shirts and ties. The ties were selected on how I felt on any particular day.

After hours it has always been clean jeans and collared shirts, although I have an extensive collection of graphic tee shirts of my favorite cartoon characters; Peanuts. The shirts offer a means of expressing how I feel on any given day. The tees also cause many women to smile and offer a casual nod or short pleasantry.

Perhaps I am drawn to wear only dresses because dresses allow me to express artistry. I love floral prints and bright colors. I use to love to draw when I was a kid. I do acknowledge many women look terrific in a nice pair of jeans and tops. I'm just stuck on dresses. Frankly, I see too many women who have put zero effort in their presentation. There is a difference between a clean person wearing clean clothes and a slob, male or female. And I will give any man or woman a total bye if they are coming home after a hard day at work.

During the work day, I look and dress professional. On the weekend, male me is jeans and a t-shirt. Tiffany needs a lot of attention and attention to detail.

I don't have too. There is a lot less to male that fem. Plus I live in the country so male is just what ever fits the need for the day. Mostly jeans, tee shirt and boots. Run the comb through my hair.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

I'm a bit more sloppy in male mode. Wranglers that have holes in the knees from welding or fencing. Usually just slap on a T Shirt usually not tucked in. I usually go four or more days not shaving and my finger nails are dirty daily. Not much effort unless it's Sunday then hair combed and usually shaved and my best Sunday Go to Meeting clothes.

Male,,,,10 minutes,,,,,Fem,,,,45 minutes to 1 hour, but worth every extra minute!

Andrea definitely requires more work. Andrew not so much.

Female is a lot more work. I do try to dress well as a male and look respectable, but female clothing is so much more varied.

Fem definitely takes longer. I have truly become more thoughtful in my guy presentation, not to mention how much attention I pay to being healthier and conscious of everyday regimens to look heathier. Guy mode influencing Girl mode, and vice-versa.

In male mode, I'm a jeans and t-shirt type of guy. In en-femme mode, I take it to the polar opposite direction!

When I was in my teens I thought it would be so nice being a girl but it seems like way to much work.

Trying to look fem especially now being a 60 year old man is a lot of work, was much easier at 16.
    Now I spend about 90 min. or longer putting on makeup and trying to get the wig to look natural and put the clothes on.

As a guy I shower, shave, brush teeth, throw some clothes on and I'm off to work in 15 min.
    "This is ME" I am not CRAZY, I'm just a GUY who likes dresses!
    Since allot of men dress up in woman's clothing that makes it a manly thing to do!
    Much more fun than fishing.
    I do construction like house building and I love CD-ing, what's the difference?

Male self--quick and comfortable. Usually t shirt and shorts. 5 minutes max to be "out the door". Femme self--2.5-3 hours for "out the door" ready.
    Jon

I put as much effort into my male self as I do my femme self, or said differently, I want to look as good as I can in either mode. But, the time required for a femme transition is mush greater.

I absolutely spend more time being girly. But that is a great deal of why I crossdress. When I have the opportunity, I enjoy the process. All of the things that we do, the make up, the underwear (specifically foundations and padding), doing hair, doing nails etc., that stuff is really fun. The gratification of creating that other person or that other look is a huge part of the attraction.

It may sound odd, but being a CD is extremely artistic and creative. Just as a painter paints or a sculptor sculpts, a crossdresser turns something into something it wasn't before.

I would bet that most CD's have other hobby's that are of an artistic and creative nature, or even their work, the way they earn a living is creative or artistic in nature.

The end result is something that the person that created it hopefully gets some gratification from looking at, we all love mirrors. We continuously try to improve our look.

I would bet that we defiantly spend more time than a GG on ourselves. Not only because we are not as good at the mechanics, but we are also starting with a canvas that is seldom even close to the result that we want to achieve.

I think that this would be true only for someone like myself that is a CD, not in transition, or wanting to transition, or wanting to identify as female full time.

My male presentation does not require all the shaving of areas other than the face or all the time putting on makeup, so it takes a lot less time. But, I do put effort into making my male presentation as good as I can make it for whatever I happen to be doing.
    Phoebe

It takes way longer to dress up with ladies clothes, that's for sure, and i seldom buy men's clothes anymore. But i don't run around in worn out, baggy, dirty jeans and i keep my male appearance newt and clean. I wear women's jeans because they stretch and are softer and are more comfortable. I don't wear sweats anywhere, I shave daily, and i like to think when out in drab that I still look fairly cool. IMHO anyway.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/