Thread: Love vs reality

TrueNorth Strong & Fierce Princess Chantal's Avatar

Love vs reality

*I would like to have those that haven’t ventured out into the public of any sort to only reply to this thread please*

If you were to ever go out into public for the first time:
    1) a)what activity/place would you love to do/go? b)What is the most realistic possibility?
    2) a)describe the outfit (or post a pic) of what you would absolutely love to wear for your first time. (doesn’t have to relate to previous question) b)what is the most realistic possibility?

This is going to be fun to read the replies!
    (I couldn’t think of any good title for this thread)

Hi Chantal, I've been CDing for a little over a year. I have a good wardrobe, b-cup breasts (up to D with a padded bra), and am learning to walk, sit and otherwise act feminine when I'm dressed. But I've not yet put on make-up or worn a wig.

I've never gone out dressed. Not saying I wont in the future, but it will be a year or so at least.

1: a) Ideally, I'd just like to go out and do normal things dressed.
    1: b) Most likely, the first place I'll go to dressed will be the next fancy dress party that my wife and I get invited to.

2: a and b) I've got one or two dresses I'd like to wear; I'd be happy wearing them (no pics, sorry).

Michelle

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    First off, let me say that I have no great desire to dress to the nines. My main thing is lingerie, which I wear daily. Though I under dress no one would notice, unless a shirt button came undone and someone saw some lace. I also love skirts and hose.
    So, if I was to go out in would be as follows;
    A bucket list item that I have is to go to a transformation service, get totally done up and go out with someone who knows their way around.
    Now, a little closer to reality. I like going for walks, so that is what I would be doing. I would wear my usual under garments, a guy shirt, a skirt, and pantihose, with my usual walking shoes. I dress a lot like this at home.
    CD'ing to me is mainly about the tactile feel of nylon, lace, etc, against the skin.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

Since this thread is a little bare, I figured I would reply. Technically I went out once as Dorothy for Halloween but not even my wife realized that I was a crossdresser when I did that. Hope you don't mind me adding my 2 cents.

1) a) To go do my normal things. And I would love to attend a fancy ball (if I can wear a fancy dress like Belle or Cinderella).

1) b) Most likely it will be a drag show with my wife (we originally planned to go to one in March but my wife's favorite drag queen is Alaska so we going to one in June instead). We are going to travel 6 hours with an overnight stay, so not sure how much of the trip will be dressed beyond the drag show.

2) a) Probably my favorite outfit: a purple midi full circle skirt I hand sewed with a petticoat, high heels and pink shirt. Kind of mixed gender with no boobs, makeup or wig.

2) b) Since the drag show will most likely be the first time, my wife really wants for us to both have over the top outfits. Planning on boobs, makeup and unsure about the wig. My wife said she plans on going to town with the makeup. We are still going back and forth on ideas for the outfits (originally thinking of matching in some way but our styles are a litlte different).

Aspiring Member
    Never been out and not sure I'm ready for that, but if I were to go out this would be my choice.

1) I think it would be enjoyable to just go to a mall and interact like a woman shopping for the day.
    2) choice of clothing would be casual but dressy. Like a put-together woman would dress. Probably slacks or a skirt, nice blouse and possibly a sweater. Definitely have my boobs in although not so large to cause a scene. Then again, because I'm not small, larger breasts to look better on me I think.

I guess technically, I have been out. Although it was only enough to be visible for short times. Such as walking out an outside door of a motel to my pickup while there were others in the parking lot. Walking down the hallway of a hotel to the drink machine and passing a gentleman on the way back to the room. Visible but not really out.

Thank you for the great reads so far!

I don't go out dressed. I would love to go out to a ball game and wear a nice jumpsuit with 4'' heels.
    Angie

I wouldn't be comfortable being out and about at a mall or other public place but it is on my bucket list to attend a a major crossdressing event at a hotel. That counts as being out in public doesn't it? Plus it would have the bonus of being able to meet other crossdressers for the first time. As for how I would dress if you look at my posts in the picture gallery you can see Danielle's tastes definitely lean towards the glam side.

BTW, love your new avatar. GO Jets GO ! One more win and it's on to the second round of the playoffs.

Danielle, attending a crossdressing event at a hotel, socializing with other cds and dressing up in the fabulous styles you have shared with us sure would make it more memorable and special than going out to the mall. (BTW, I have Been a die hard Jets fan since the WHA days, I remember being in their booster club since I was a toddler skating with the likes of the golden jet Bobby Hull and his sons!)

Attending a Fancy dress party, having a professional transformation done, drag show in over the top outfits, attending a ball game all seem to be something to be memorable and to be cherished for awhile. I recall in my first couple years as a contact person of the Masquerade social group there were quite a few new members that made their first public outings a planned and special thing. I was so jealous as I my first public outing was not planned or all that special (going to the grocery store with other cds to get snacks and cream for the coffee at the monthly meeting). It has been awhile since I heard someone making their first step out in public being planned and/or as special.

Anyhoo, hopefully there are more posts coming..... I want to read more!
    Last edited by Princess Chantal; 04-18-2018 at 02:11 PM.

1.a) I would love to be traveling, sightseeing, enjoying an outdoor cafe somewhere.
    1.b) More likely I would be attending one of the many regional CD events within my travel radius.
    2.a) Would love to wear the strapless red/white polka dot or white/blue polka dot dresses I have, with appropriate matching heels.
    2.b) Likely to be a cute dress with a more modest neckline, though the skirt & boots in my avatar photo with a satin top are also possible.

I think a shopping trip to a the largest mall with restaurants and all the big name clothing stores. I would be dressed up sensibly, though sexy with appropriate jewelry etc. I would stop by the make up counter to be color analyzed and purchase some nice make up. then shop the jewelry counter for another necklace. I might look like this. (Did i say sensible) Christopher Banks 1.jpg
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/lovethatdress/

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Chantal View Post
    Danielle, attending a crossdressing event at a hotel, socializing with other cds and dressing up in the fabulous styles you have shared with us sure would make it more memorable and special than going out to the mall. (BTW, I have Been a die hard Jets fan since the WHA days, I remember being in their booster club since I was a toddler skating with the likes of the golden jet Bobby Hull and his sons!)

Attending a Fancy dress party, having a professional transformation done, drag show in over the top outfits, attending a ball game all seem to be something to be memorable and to be cherished for awhile. I recall in my first couple years as a contact person of the Masquerade social group there were quite a few new members that made their first public outings a planned and special thing. I was so jealous as I my first public outing was not planned or all that special (going to the grocery store with other cds to get snacks and cream for the coffee at the monthly meeting). It has been awhile since I heard someone making their first step out in public being planned and/or as special.

Anyhoo, hopefully there are more posts coming..... I want to read more!
    I have been to a few crossdressing events, one at a hotel and a few more at a banquet/party house and it was so much fun! I'd really like to do something like that again! Back in the late 1980s and early 1990s, these events were common and there was even a week long event held in Provincetown, MA that was named "Be All You Can Be" with all sorts of events, dinners, parties and seminars to go to. I heard from friends who went that it was a blast!

It would have to be some place where there was a 'convention' of sorts of gay, crossdressers, TS, etc.. I vaguely remember some place in Massachusetts or Rhode Island that had something like that. Or maybe a parade in Greenwich village NYC, or San Francisco. It would have to be where there were LOTS of others there too, so I could be just another 'guy in a dress'.
    Outfit?
    Cheerleader uniform.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Hi Princess Chantal,
    1. As someone who is a closeted CDer i would love to be able to wear what i wanted when i wanted, but that is not realistic at this time.
    The most likely opportunity might be with a pride event or support group.
    2. I would probably wear something low key as i don't do glamorous! Casual - denim miniskirt, tights if it were not too warm, boots with small heel, camivest, headscarf or "girly" baseball cap.
    Last edited by Krea; 04-23-2018 at 02:58 PM. Reason: clarification
    "The only way is onward. There is no turning back."

Chantal here is my 2 cents

First off get a makeover, eat at a nice restaurant, shop, possibly go to a movie or something and drive home (4 hrs)
    realistic yes this fall

oufits that would be a hard one to many to chose from but the go to jeans, blouse, with boots and or tennis shoes ( colorado weather)
    If you can't laugh and have fun you might as well go home.

Banned Read only
    I have gone out in public many times. If that means I went forth with the intent of mingling with the masses, then I have to confess... not so much. When the opportunity has arisen I have gone out for evening strolls totally en femme. However, I really have no desire to take myself fully public in the sense of interacting with the public.

The exceptions have been Halloween. That wonderful day of the year for cross dressing! That's when I have interacted with humanoids. The first time I dolled up in a mid length jade with black accents dress, black heels and hosiery, all the proper undergarments, full makeup including nail polish and a blond wig. Similar outfits on other Halloweens. My intent was to present myself as a tastefully attired woman and not a female cartoon character.

What did I go? I went into grocery stores and shopped.

Yes, I am still enjoying reading the posts here!
    However seems like a couple of folks have ignored the first sentence of the OP (and even the questions posed!) I want to read the post from those that haven’t dressed in public (and those like Asew that have had only an experience costuming for Halloween). I do like reading past experiences of those that have gone out, but please don’t post them in this thread.
    Last edited by Princess Chantal; 04-23-2018 at 02:21 PM.