Thread: Planning a Trip

Planning a Trip

I am planning a trip down to Texas from New York in July to visit my kids. O know I will be stopping to stay in a Hotel or Motel for 2 nights. I know I can dressup in my room. Can any one suggest Hotels/Motels to stay in that are CD friendly.

Banned Read only
    CD friendly hotels and motels?

They do not care. You are a paying customer and you will never see you again. Don't worry

I book in dressed and have a deep voice, I sometimes get a look or remark about my voice but that's all.

Motels, like your money and as long as you don't trash the room they are happy.

Never had a worry dressed.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    Pretty much any motel chain will be fine.

Where in Texas will you be staying??

You can goggle purple roof and they have listings for LGBT friendly places.

I agree with others - you pay, they don't care.
    When I was a kid and the family traveled, my dad had us wait in the car while he checked out the room, primarily to make sure it was clean and didn't smell bad. This was back in the days of independent motels. Today's chains are mostly more consistent. I have asked to see a room before committing, because I want good mirrors and lighting. I have found that generally the higher-priced motels have that - generally. But price is determined by many other factors, like location and seasons or holidays.

I can't imagine you'd have a problem with any mainstream chain hotels. You are a customer and they are in the business of making money and should have appropriate customer service. Some mom and pop hotels in the bible belt may have a different response.
    "When you come to a fork in the road, Take it!" - Yogi Berra
    I guess I did!

I'll jump in with everyone else, any well known hotel chain will work.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Aspiring Member
    90% of all the photos we take are in hotel/motel rooms

Donna,

As you're away from home in places no one knows you, have you thought about taking dressed you outside, even if just for a drive?

We can all name the nicer hotels because their image and our perception of it means everything to them. One false move and...

Have a great trip!

Reality Check
    The hotel or motel will probably not care if it's a national chain. The other customers may or may not care and may or may not make your stay uncomfortable. Places along the Interstates are probably fine. Backwoods motels along a state road, not so much.
    Krisi

Just to add a couple of points. I have been out dressed to the nines. I am planning to drive dressed in jeans and blouse with flats. I am secure in my own skin. I just wanted to know what ideas the group had to say.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    OK from my own experiences the "you pay " they don't care rule of thumb, is not always correct. I went out on Tuesday went to my regular motel in my area and the same guy behind the counter, who has seen me enough femme denied me a room. He is Pakistani and I always used this motel because I hade no issues in the past. I check in guy mode but he has seen me en femme walking out my room getting into my car.

I recommend motel 6 never had a problem checked in both guy mode and femme . Sheraton is good, cd friendly also double tree by Hilton these places I personally never had a problem. Some may disagree.

Silver Member
    Over the years I've stayed in all levels of hotels/motels. Never had a problem. Back in the 60s when they charged by the number of people staying in the room I was asked who's dresses were hanging in the room. I gave them some lame excuse that I had some of my wife's stuff with me. Stayed in a motel bungalow for awhile. Manager let me know that I could dress as I wanted at the pool area. When you stay for awhile it doesn't take the staff long to figure things out. The gal at a suite hotel asked me, where did you find that blue dress? I told her and we had a nice discussion about shopping. She let me know she would like to go shopping with me, but our schedules didn't work out.

I checked into a motel in the 60s. It was raining and I decided that no one would see me so I put on a rain coat and went to my car to get some stuff just as the cleaning crew came by. It was pretty obvious what I was wearing with my heels, nylons, and pastel dress showing below the rain coat.
    Last edited by lingerieLiz; 04-20-2018 at 11:37 PM.

After you leave the front desk no one will associate your name with your dress or behavior. Go for it and enjoy the experience!

Where, in Texas, Donna? As others have said, any national chain in one of the larger cities, and the staff likely won't even blink.
    Do you plan on dressing in your room and just staying there, or are you thinking about venturing out? If going out, the location matters a good deal more.

Hugs,

Kelly