Thread: Crossdressing while bicycle touring?

Crossdressing while bicycle touring?

Has anybody tried it? I'm thinking of going biketouring for a year and crossdressing while I do it, my main issue would be getting to and from any campsites i'd be staying at (i'm doing it on the cheap) anyone got any ideas?

I have never tried it but, sitting here thinking about it, I can't help but wonder how heavy the bike will be, even with a modified wardrobe, makeup and other accessories.

well the bike I got is about 10 or 20 kilos, steel frame though and a mountain bike so it's reliable, I'd have about 20kg for weight and about 30-70L of volume to store everything.
    altogether with my weight it would come up to about 100-110kg in total, but that's to be expected for something like bike touring I think.

Is this a 'how far can I tuck' thread? Or are you aiming for the 1890's look? cycle_promenade.gif
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Just go as a woman, no changes back and minimal wardrobe.

I used to prefer a car and a suitcase until I updated my act and went all the time dressed.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    When I was into mountain biking I frequently wore a woman's top with a sports bra and woman's shorts. The only thing I found was I had to wear men's spandex bike shorts underneath because the shamois in woman's bike shorts did not provide enough protection for my junk.

I bike toured with my wife many many years ago in Europe for 45 days. I was not out to myself at the time. My take on bike touring crossdressed is in women's athletic attire. Peddling a heavy moutian bike loaded with camping gear, clothing etc is very physical, sweat and aching muscles.

First of all make sure your physically able to pull off the physical side of your trip. Plan your route well may be 40 or 50 miles between campgrounds. Make sure ALL your bags are waterproof, rain will find you.

Secondly doing it crossdressed? For the daytime peddling get comfortable womens biking shorts and an athletic bra. Are you doing this yourself? It was my wife and myself toating and sharing the gear. Dont know if I could have done it alone, I do like a few creature comforts. For sightseeing, dinning go casual. Shorts, Ts, tennis shoes and athletic bra with some padding if you want. I wouldn't worry with make up or wigs..you wig will not fare well stuffed in a bad, and your bags will be stuffed FULL.. Your make, even light makeup will run with the sweat.

I would really in courage you to find someone to join you in your travels for company and safety . Good luck.

I wasn't planning on so much crossdressing while riding the bike but going out while crossdressing while staying at one of the local campsites. (I've never gone out enfemme before, so I'm not sure how i'd go bout getting to an area like a city from a campsite-or even from my house even- without getting clocked.)

Oh..... oh..... oh, dear.
    Yes, I have. It didn't (as they say) "end well". Hilarious perhaps. Not deadly, tragic or bad; but not well.'
    I will try to summarize a long, funny story.

I took a 250 mile bike trip through agriculture and wine country along a bike trail that was once an old railroad bed. I planned the legs of the trip so I could stay at small town bed and breakfasts along the way. In the pack out I carried (small bike trailer) I had a dress, heels, makeup... everything except my wig which I did not wish to abuse along the trail.

At one B&B, I went out for the late evening to drink wine in the courtyard, and ended up locking myself OUT of the B&B. I was one of the few guests. There was no staff on site after hours, and no one was answering the emergency number I was given. AND... I was in my full dress, trapped outside and facing the prospect of being found sleeping in the outdoor courtyard in the morning, dressed as a woman.
    I ended up breaking a small window to let myself into the building and to my room. I paid for the damage and sent the proprietor a nice bottle of single malt scotch. He saw the security video of how I made my re-entry and completely understood my need.

[SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Sidney View Post
    For the daytime peddling get comfortable womens biking shorts and an athletic bra. .
    Sidney,
    Fantastic advice. You've obviously done this before, I can tell. These are the lessons I too have learned from mixing bikes and CD.
    Let me mention one thing about SPORTS BRAS. Get one. Use one. Love one.
    One of the things that happened on my first long long bike ride was that my bike jersey became wet with perspiration and hung slightly away from my (bare) chest. It rubbed against my tender little "male" nipples and made them sore from the action of pedaling, etc. I found that my sports bra was the perfect solution and literally SAVED my first ride. It kept my bike jersey from rubbing me raw.
    Everything else you said about not abusing a wig and so forth is also spot on. And the bike trail is a great place to sport some colorful and sexy femme activewear.
    There resides within me a Woman, and she is powerful.
    She has been my Grace and Bearing on the stormiest seas.
    I could no more deny Her than I would my own soul.

Becareful when riding the bike or you may get hit by a vehicle if you start hiding on the road.

Good idea but may prove pretty problematic.