Thread: Four Day "Girly" Adventure

Four Day "Girly" Adventure

I had the opportunity to make this weekend a four day, girly adventure.

I started early on Thursday morning by getting my nails done. I did a number of usual things that day, like going to the post office, the bank, lunch out and shopping at a few of my favorite stores.
    x01.jpg
    On Friday, I went to West Point, VA, and took a Historic Home Tour that was sponsored by the Garden Club of Virginia. We toured seven houses and a church, all Victorians that were built around 1900. I met and chatted with a number of people on the tour and had a great day!
    x03.jpg x02.jpg
    On Saturday I had a few more errands to run, a little more shopping, and lunch out. I finished the day with a meeting and dinner with about 50 other trans ladies, a part of my DC Area Meetup group. It was the highlight of my weekend, with good company and great discussions!
    x04.jpg x05.jpg
    It has been a wonderful weekend, but now it’s the fourth day and I’m preparing to change back. I think it’s important for us to be out and be seen. Many of these other folks, particularly the ones I met on the house tour, had probably never encountered a trans person. As more people become familiar with us, the easier it will be for all of us to be out. Good luck ladies, have fun!
    Stephanie

Thanks for sharing your 4 day "girly" adventure, Stephanie! I like visiting historical places, but I've never done so as my femme self. Hearing about your adventure gives others here, such as myself, who hasn't ventured out of the house en-femme in many years, the courage to do so!

Looking forward to my 3 day girly adventure in a few weeks time, when my wife goes away for 3 nights. So that's 3 full days full en femme. I have booked an appointment for a makeover and makeup tutorial for the first day, then will be taking a trip to the historic city of York for the second day, and I plan to make a first for me by travelling on public transport.

I find I prefer the multiple days en femme, and I am happy to get that this week. Manicure, wig shopping, and maybe a makeover are all on the docket.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Looks like you had a great time! Nice pics

Quote Originally Posted by stephNE View Post
    Many of these other folks, particularly the ones I met on the house tour, had probably never encountered a trans person. As more people become familiar with us, the easier it will be for all of us to be out. Good luck ladies, have fun!
    Thanks for sharing and preaching the gospel, we need to get out there!
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    What a wonderful experience and you are truly a leader in our family here. You deserve all the enjoyment you derive from presenting as you wish. You are beautiful on so many levels. Thanks for your leadership.

Platinum Member
    Hi Steph , You look fantastic in all of your outfits,

It really sounds like you had an awesome four day weekend.>Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

You certainly look the part.

What a wonderful experience, and with a group too.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Stephanie, lovely photos...
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Thanks for sharing - you wear your outfits well

Totally agreeing with you on needing to be out and about as any woman would do.
    When they see we are just normal people having normal life experiences, then they start treating us as normal people.
    You look great BTW.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

I can't believe what wonderful comments you ladies have left for me. Thank you!
    Stephanie

Stephanie,

That sounds like a wonderful few days.

I think it’s important for us to be out and be seen. Many of these other folks, particularly the ones I met on the house tour, had probably never encountered a trans person. As more people become familiar with us, the easier it will be for all of us to be out.

I couldn't agree more. Every time we engage with people, show them we're just a normal person, polite, sane, nothing different to most other folks they meet, except for the way we present they couldn't tell us apart from Mr. Mrs. or Ms average. Keep up the excellent work.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed