Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need vs. Want

Definitely a want. But sometimes a very strong want. I remember when it was a secret and I would see an opportunity coming up to dress and would look forward to it. If for some reason it got cancelled, I would absolutely crave when could I even get 5-10 minutes to dress. The other day it was quite stressful and my wife told me to go put on a skirt already and do something calming and it really helped even though I wasn't craving to dress.

I'm jealous of anyone that thinks it's a want. I'm even more jealous of a man who can live a life with never having the desire and to never have to go thru some of things in life that some of us do...

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

I am not at all sure if my desires are a need or a want. Either way I am happy to have the opportunity.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Want or need, I find it a bit hard to define.

I just want to dress all the time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

For me it is a need I have had all my life. A constant feeling in the back of the mind that reaches forward on a regular basis. I have tried for fifty years to get rid of it. Purge after purge. Kept coming back. I wish I understood it.

I need to dress its a part of me and i have an inner peace when i dress.it never goes away for long i have not stopped in my 61 years i dont think ill ever stop

For me, the dressing is a want because the feminine wardrobes are so much fun, interesting, and varied. You cannot possibly be bored with it all. Lol

Truly need to dress , burning desire to fulfill my inner feminine self.

Anxiously desire sometimes all day dreaming of the delight it will bring me to get back home and get dressed.
    Wanting something is a fantasy which on a long time period clouds your mind and makes you think you need it.

Rayleen

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Need or want?, the lines blur but I know dressing is something I would find extremely hard to live without.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

Mostly I need to, at other times I want to.. occasionally I don't want to.
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

I think it’s a gray area for me. It’s not something I will die or spin into dysfunction without dressing but for all the problems it could cause me I still always come back. So in that way it’s like a need (or maybe an addiction)
    I'm content being a once in a while girl.

Reality Check
    If you are a man but "need" to dress as a woman. I would say you have a problem, especially if that "need" gets in the way of your social or business life or keeps you from doing things that you need to be doing.

I enjoy crossdressing but I enjoy other things as well. There should be a balance in your life.
    Krisi

Quote Originally Posted by Majella St Gerard View Post
    How many "feel" the NEED to dress as opposed to just WANTING to dress.
    I love dressing up, I find it fun and makes me feel pretty and sexy, but I don't have a burning desire/need to dress, it's more of a fetish/hobby for me.
    I enjoy occasionally dressing and like you, find it more of a fetish/hobby. I never feel a "need" to dress and enjoy my "man" time as much as my dressed time.

Aspiring Member
    Want or Need...
    Well, it doesn't kill me if I can't crossdress.... So that makes it a "want".
    However the urge to crossdress is always there, always.... So that makes it a "need".

Since it makes me happy, and being happy is a good thing, I think I'll continue to crossdress. In the end, it doesn't matter if it is a want or a need.

Platinum Member
    Hi Mijella , I guess that there is a thin fine line between Need & Want,
    I am just happy having the best of both worlds. <Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Want. I have gone years on and off as I have been inplaces that I couldn’t such as dorms... I want to and do when I can but in my current disgust ion where my SO is against it, I do when I can (when she is shopping and soon when she starts college)

Again, this is a false dichotomy. You can need something and want it at the same time. I need to eat, I want a string bean. One can have a gender identity and a fetish. Acting on a fetish or hobby can be a need. I play musical instruments. It's a hobby because I don't get paid. It's also a need because I'd go insane if I didn't do it. Indulging a fetish can also be a need although I understand that because of shame many want to deny or trivialize it. There are few things in life more powerful than libido. In fact, my fetish was powerful enough, for a time, to affect my gender identity to the point where I started to believe its BS. To say, "it's just a fetish" can be like saying, "it's just an H-bomb. Move along, nothing to see here."

A want in my case. Word definitions are problematic though. One of my favorite comebacks if someone tells me I need to do something is "I don't need to do anything but breathe"..although at some point drinking and then eating would become needs!

Seems to me it's a matter of degree in terms of labeling wants and needs depending on the outcome if the thing in question was withheld. You need to breathe if you want to stay alive, and eventually drink and eat. You need shelter depending on where you live, and a means to assure the continued supply of all these. Beyond that, everything else seems like a choice to me, and therefore not a need. But..that's just me, not judging for others :-) If someone would take their own life if they couldn't crossdress..that's a different story..and I have heard of people who were in that spot.

It's the only way I feel comfortable. I can manage the discomfort if I must, but will revert as soon as I can. Perhaps I'm making a statement, perhaps not, but I know what feels right.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

I need to want and I want to need.
    I believe that the only time that I could consider this as a want would be the desire before the first time I dressed. I stayed dressed even after my mom caught me. Shortly after that I saw a GG that was budding, I wanted breasts.
    50+ years later I still dress at home. I have D cup breasts due to gynecomastia from meds.

I think there's a fine line... I like to think that it's a "want", but there is definitely a "compulsion" side to it as well. The need never really hits me until there is a clear opportunity to dress. The question that I have for myself is "if the opportunity was ALWAYS there, would I ALWAYS feel the need or would I only choose to dress when a wanted to?" Right now the opportunities are rare, so the compulsion hits pretty hard when those opportunities arise.

hello,
    sometimes I like or want to dress, other times I have to or need to dress.
    It is the first day back at work after a holiday and I had to dress when I got home from work.
    luv J

Me, Myself & Rachael Rachaelb64's Avatar
    I'm happier, more relax and calmer when dressed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is to short so enjoy it to the full

:

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Today is a good day to Dress!

How did that happen ? Samantha2015's Avatar
    I like the way Marina put it "A vacation from myself " perfect !!!!
    Sometimes I feel the need to shop for a dress or shoes but for actually dressing it's more of a want to situation.
    It's so much work to transform and I am the worlds laziest crossdresser
    Hugs
    Samantha

I want to all the time, but there are times that I need to and when I can't it is very frustrating