Thread: What a thrill

Hadn't bargained on that

Ok, so I decided to dress up and go out on the street again. Here's how it went:

I chose 4:00am as my start time and put on a pencil skirt, my new high heels and an orange top. I have only one coat that is suitable so I wore that. Just as I was leaving the apartment, two young couples came in, one of the girls thanking me for holding the door. But I was somewhat taken aback and scuttled to one side embarrassed. One of the men said something like, "wir wohnen alle hier", which means we all live here, and then something else that I didn't catch. But he was being pleasant I think. Although, at that moment, I'd have preferred if he'd just gone in.

Then after a few minutes acclimatising, and waiting for the pavement to be empty, I decided to walk off. Almost immediately, I got a beep from a car. And there were lots of people visible in various directions. But around the corner, it was quiet and I started to relax. At one point, I stood 'checking my phone' when a police car cruised past me rather slowly. They carried on, so that gave me confidence. People and cars passed nearby without taking much notice, although I did see a few heads turning. But I thought, what the hell, I have a right to be here. I don't even think I look so bad; I'm clean and my clothes are nice.

I then spent quite a while just walking, stopping to take a photo, and walking again. I chose to walk down a busy road and around a busy corner. Passing very close to a young lady, I saw her stifling the urge to laugh. I wouldn't have minded because I laughed out loud myself once I was past her! I'm not really bothered by that; let's face it, I was a man in high heels!

I had decided to stay out until it began to get light so I chose another street and continued. I could hear a lot of clanging going on and I nearly turned back. I thought perhaps it was somebody emptying dustbins, although I could see nothing. Then a young lady's disembodied voice called me over. She'd had a drink and had locked herself between an outside gate to her yard and the apartment door. She asked me to phone her mother but I got no reply. She then said she would be stuck for two hours, so I offered that she come back to my flat and wait until her mother was up. But she could get neither out nor in! I couldn't leave her stuck there alone. But I was now facing the prospect of the world starting to wake up around me while dressed in high heels and a skirt! Maybe it wasn't a catastrophe but I certainly hadn't bargained on it! I started searching on my phone for an Aufsperrdeinst (to come and unlock the door) but the girl was very worried about how much it would cost. I would have paid, of course.

I was there some considerable time and at one point, she complimented me on my shoes and asked me if I could walk in them. To which I demonstrated, of course, that I could. Eventually, before I managed to find a number, somebody heard us and came and let her in. I breathed a sigh of relief and continued my walk. It was by this time almost completely light. But I was beginning to feel ever more comfortable, especially as the noise from groups of drunks returning home after the evening had been replaced by people setting up flower stalls, early morning tram cars and so on. So I lingered longer and took a few more photos of myself, a couple of which are here:

Attachment 290989

Attachment 290990

Attachment 290991

Attachment 290992

Attachment 290996

And a couple of videos:
    https://1drv.ms/v/s!Arryakpg-EEAjK8Zl_p2vtaSx43ivw
    https://1drv.ms/v/s!Arryakpg-EEAjK8f0pDsoOVct4xcxg

In the end I didn't want to go back indoors, except for the fact that I wanted to write up my experience.

Well that's my story. And what did I learn?

1. I should have just acknowledged the girl's thank you. But I was just so surprised and a bit dismayed to meet four people coming into my apartment at 4:00am that it threw me off balance.
    2. People going about their early morning business don't even look. Drunks, especially in groups, do. Solo walkers tend to avoid even eye contact.
    3. Keep your feet close together when walking; it looks better.
    4. Watch out for places where heels can stick and get damaged.
    5. I need to buy some sort of summer jacket that I can wear over a top.
    6. I really don't feel any urge to try to pass as a woman (as if I could) but I do love people to see me like this.
    7. Be confident.
    7. Expect the unexpected.
    7. Doing this is a huge kick.

Finally, on arriving home I found I had received the following message:

Hello!
    Thank you very, very much for your calling!!
    Best regards,
    Tina
    Last edited by MiniRock; 04-21-2018 at 11:25 AM. Reason: found a mistake

Nice post - thanks for sharing the outing and you reflections on it

What an adventure, Tina! Thanks for sharing!

Being out that early could be a problem. So just be careful. Sounds like you had fun and enjoyed yourself and even rescued a person. They certainly didn't care how you were dressed. Have fun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Thanks for the advice Sallee. Actually, as I just said here: https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...t=#post4233195, Wien is a very unthreatening place. And quite Bohemian, so I think cross dressing is probably no big deal. I'm not really known here either, so I don't much care if somebody recognises me. Indeed, the girls at the door took a good look, so they will know me next time I share the lift with one of them. Unfortunately, I didn't register their faces, so I won't know unless they say something - which I don't suppose they will.

Thank you Bridget, my pleasure

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Nice adventure. You may have met that special person that we all dream of meeting.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Thank you for that Carla. I guess that person is me? And thank you for the friend request - accepted naturally.

D'you know, the nice thing about this forum? The people here get it. My father can't even bear to think about me in women's clothes - although he's never ever seen me that way. People here understand what a kick it can be. And oddly enough, I know from my mother that my father liked to do things that were a bit risqué. He just never found this particular thrill!

The other consequence of this forum is that it's encouraging me to do more. I was out again last night and had a lovely time. I'm going to post something in a minute. Not sure if I should post in the male to female section or the pictures section though.
    Last edited by MiniRock; 04-22-2018 at 02:15 PM.

I think you would find it more fulfilling done in the late afternoon or early evening in a shopping mall.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sounds like your next step is to go out and meet other dressers at a T friendly club or bar, MR! I think u will like that a lot!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Hi Tina, Sounds like a good outing, I love #4. "Watch for places where heals can stick and damaged." I think most of us have learned that the hard way. Thank you for sharing, and the pictures, and the videos, you walk well in heals. Brenda

Hi Brenda, thank you for the compliment. And yes, there seems to be lots of traps out there for the unwary stiletto wearer. I walked down one street the other night which is all cobble stones. The shoes survived but I had to walk very carefully.

Glad you liked the pictures, by the way. Actually, I think I have got the walk better now: https://www.crossdressers.com/forums...39#post4234439. In the video below, I'm planting my feet side by side. In the one at the link, you'll see I've started placing my feet one behind the other. I think that looks better. And adding a handbag seems to make it all fit much better. Although I still can't believe I did that!

As for posting the pictures, I guess somebody who knows me could recognise me. But who cares, I'm just playing at dressing up. And most of the people here seem to be in America and I'm in Europe, so the chances are not high.

I hadn't thought about the idea of a T Club, Sherry. Thanks for the suggestion. Oddly enough, I think I would like to go out to normal bars at some time. I think when I'm in Paris next, especially with my fiancée, that might be quite possible.

And thanks Beverly for the idea. I think a shopping mall would take quite a bit of courage, especially with the man's face and girls' clothes. Possibly more than I actually posses. I'd be rather conspicuous I think. Let's see...
    MR
    Last edited by MiniRock; 04-25-2018 at 03:20 AM.

Aspiring Member
    Glad you had a good experience and it all worked out to be safe and fun. I think as others have said, that to avoid trouble, when out dressed, you have to be aware of the situation and think like a woman. That is, avoiding places and times that would make a woman think twice for her safety. I don't go out dressed so take this advise for what is is worth but I think it is part of a woman's mind frame to always be aware.