I've toyed around with the idea of talking to a real live person about all the CD stuff over the years. I'm back entertaining the idea again.

In my case, I am not looking to transition full-time and not looking for a couples thing. I am not looking to change my life. I'm almost 44 yrs old, and given certain personal and professional decisions in my life, will remain in the closet likely for the rest of my life, for which I've come to terms with.

That said, it's a lonely decision I've made. The thought of sharing and talking in a non-judgmental safe zone sounds great... but to what end? I can talk to you folks, or find some anonymous chat room to have that kind of "safe" talk too, and it won't cost me out-of-network, out-of-pocket for a conversation on a timer.

For those that have done sessions with a professional, what is true value you received? How often did you go? If you aren't looking to change everything in your life (e.g. not transitioning, not looking for couples therapy, not looking for gender identity, etc.), is it really just an expensive friend?