Thread: They say they don't care BUT !!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Banned Read only

They say they don't care BUT !!

I hope members don't become bored with my outing stories but there is a point to be made.

Yesterday I needed to buy some patio dining furniture, do my supermarket shopping and hopefully fit in a trip to an out of town store to check out their clearance sale .

The UK weather has done a U turn so it's back to something warmer so I slipped into my slim fit cord trousers , I've just bought some block heel Mary Jane's in black suede and a neat light weight casual jacket so I felt OK setting off.

First stop the discount store to pick up the patio set, ( I'm having to watch the pennies at the moment believe it or not !) luckily a parking space right outside but I felt I made the reverse parking look a little too slick for a lady driver ( sorry girls not many GGs do a reverse park that well, especially in a car with non fuctioning reverse sensors and no minicam system ) . A young sales guy didn't bat an eyelid and when the packets arrived he offered to carry the heavy one out to my car. At that moment a lady touched me on my arm and asked if the parking space would be free in a few moments , I told her it would be. The young guy asked if I'd be OK assembling the items, so I'm afraid I was naughty by asking if he was offering !!

Off to the out of town store and had a great time going through the size 12 racks and chatting with other lady shoppers, I nearly bought far too much stuff , everytime I held something against myself to check it out in the mirror a lady shopper would encourage me to buy it because it look lovely . I managed to escape with only buying an asymetric hemmed dress in a easy fit crinkle material ( no zips to worry about !!)and a useful top with a good neckline for a broader neck .

Final stop the dreaded supermarket, this was going to be fun as I'd only shopped this one before in drab, I didn't have any problems, other shoppers chatted to me and I had some fun at the checkout with a couple in front of me.

So I drove home to find the husband and wife in their front garden working away. I just backed into my drive and found my door keys , got out of the car , gave a courteous glance in their direction but they were still working with their backs to me. I had several trips to do to my car with shopping and the heavy patio furniture, my bungalow is elevated so I have to use several steps to descend to my drive , we are only permitted open plan on our frontage so I was in full view for several minutes . They still maintained their side or back view but I'm sure if I wasn't dressed they would have made the point of saying hello .

To get to the point I wonder if the husband or wife if they were alone in the garden might have responded and spoken , I guess as a couple they didn't want the other to think they had accepted me by speaking . Yes they do know about me , I told them not long after I moved in . So they say they care but it will take time , as I found from a nice guy across the road , it's all new to them and it's on their doorstep now !

That wasn't the end of an interesting day because later my dog began to bark at some figures in the field behind my home, I'd forgotten I was dressed so went to look out of my patio door . It was the lady from the other side of my home with her daughter and granddaughter checking out the stream that runs at the back of us, she has had problems with it breaking through into her garden and is trying to find someone to sort the problem . Again she knows about me but again that is the first time she has seen me . I was cooking my meal otherwise I would have gone out to speak to her because I'm concerned for the problem she's having with the water flowing through her garden .

OK I'm getting there in stages , I admit there's still a little extra push needed to dress and step out into the World, it is funny but as soon as I start my makeup that feeling soon goes, by the time I'm finally deciding my outfit I know it's going to happen . When I arrived home I had my meal and assembled the furniture, this time the wife next door did look straight at me and smiled through a gap in the fence as I walked along my patio .
    Maybe there's one small downside you actually forget you're dressed at the end of the day , when you get undressed you're taking off your clothes and not women's clothes !
    Last edited by Teresa; 04-24-2018 at 06:42 AM.