Thread: Many Firsts, Acceptance and Authenticity

Many Firsts, Acceptance and Authenticity

This may be a little long but I feel the need to share with my sisters. Over the past month I have been dressing almost every day to one degree or another. I often go out cross dressed but no wig and some days I don the wig. Anyway, every month I go to 4 trans meetup groups (non sexual) and 2 trans group therapy sessions. I always go dressed and am very well received. I have also started venturing out during the day with several female friends as Jackie. Two weeks ago my friend and I went to Haight Ashbury to go shopping for some fun clothes. It was a Friday. So out we went. Spent 4 hours there shopping around, had lunch then we went to Macy's at Union Square. This place was on my bucket list of things to do while presenting as female. I had the best time and my friend had a ball bringing me things to try on in the dressing room. I ended up buying some shoes and several tops. On the way out she connects with another friend who invites us to do karaoke. I say let's go for it so we drove about 30 miles to the bar and did karaoke until midnight. She is a great singer and we currently play in a band together so we had a ball. Im a decent vocalist too but had never been to this bar much less dressed as a woman much less sang on a stage in drag. It was a mega rush! At the end of the evening many people came up to me with compliments on the singing and the outfit. Who knew? I ended up passing out business cards for our band and nobody batted an eye!

I have also gone to the Target and the grocery store presenting as female. Again noone gave me a second glance. At least that I could see. Lastly, last Saturday a I went to a garage sale at a high school friends house in another city. I did not expect it to be a mini reunion of sorts. Not only were there several other HS friends there but there parents as well!. Damn, I was shitting bricks. I had not intended to out myself like this but I DID look well put together and like my makeup that day so I took a big gulp, pulled up my big girl panties and went in. My one girl friend had not seen me in about 5 years and she did a double take, said my boy name and said "you're such a goof, what are you doing? Do you have a show tonight? I said "no, I'm just out and about having some fun". She said cool, what size are you? I have some nice clothes that will fit you. It was all positive from there. My friends might have been surprised but they did not show it. They were totally accepting, offered me lunch and we hung out for about 3 hours and talked. I even spent a lot of time talking with her Mom. What great open people. Later that evening I went to see a band at a local club where I also play and the sound man texted me the next day saying I looked really good and he was sorry he wasnt able to tell me in person. He's also a cross dresser so I felt that was a high compliment.

So my life right now is one of firsts, acceptance and authenticity. I have realized that although I am not totally passable I look presentable and put together (I have nice clothes) and I own it every time I go out. I am being as authentic as I can be. My true self is finally being seen by the people I care about most and it feels fantastic. The bubble may burst at some point but right now I determined to enjoy every minute of it. I should add that my wife is 100% supportive of all of it and doesn't bat and eye when I go out as Jackie.

Thanks for listening!

Hugs,

Jackie D'Lair

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'm glad everything went well with all your old friends.

I'd say you are a very lucky girl to have a wife like yours and your friends accepting you as they did. Good story and good job.

It is great that you have friends that are non judgemental.

To have them accept you and still remain friends is a great boost for you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacqueline1965 View Post
    I have realized that although I am not totally passable I look presentable and put together (I have nice clothes) and I own it every time I go out. I am being as authentic as I can be. My true self is finally being seen by the people I care about most and it feels fantastic. The bubble may burst at some point but right now I determined to enjoy every minute of it.
    ^^^THIS^^^
    I read this 4 times. Great story Jackie
    "Samm" Sammara Michaels

I also speak fluent sarcasm

Congratulations Jackie,

I must have missed the name change notice. I have been to the Haight many times but only a few in the past as Allie, mostly with my grand daughter who already knows about me. Great place to go into as many stores as you can to just browse. I got some really nice silver rings there in the past. You really did do a lot of firsts. That is great. The Bay Area is such a great place to be ourselves. Go out and enjoy!

Jackie, congratulations on all your trip out and reveals.
    Please call me Jamie, I always_have crossdressed, I always will, "alwayshave".

Thanks for sharing your story Jackie, glad your getting out and about so happily. San Frans a great city!!
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

It's amazing and wonderful that so many in your life are so accepting and welcoming. We should all be so lucky. How affirming it must be for you.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Awesome! When you're being authentic, you're being your best self and I've found that people read that off you react well to it. The only danger is that feeling happy for a little while makes you want to feel happy all the time.
    I am not a woman; I don't want to be a woman; I don't want to be mistaken for a woman.
    I am not a man; I don't want to be a man; I don't want to be mistaken for a man.
    I am a transgender person. And I'm still figuring out what that means.

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Fan-tas-tic! I see no reason for your bubble to burst. My bubble just keeps floating on and I'm sure yours will too. Time for one of these guys:

This is a fantastic story! Thank you for sharing it with us. What a high note!

Sami
    My new blog: The Crossdresser Report
    https://crossdresserreport.com/