Thread: Found Fantastic New Pole Dance Studio

Silver Member

Found Fantastic New Pole Dance Studio

Hi,
    Although i had renewed my lesson plan whereI have been going I since found another studio a bit closer to home, but not too close, and they offered a free first lesson so I gave them a try. The other thing I liked was that they offered daytime beginner only classes (the other one offered a combined class which was okay, too).
    I wore my black booty shorts and an Old navy open-backed tank with a small abstract print to it.
    When I arrived the owner was there and she greeted me very pleasantly, adding that she was glad to meet me after exchanging a few informational emails. After completing a waiver I was given the lowdown on where I could put my stuff and such. I entered the studio which was spotless, well lit and a bit roomier. There was one client warming up when I entered. It turned out that she was there just to practice and I consequently had a private intro lesson. She started with a very thorough warm up and stretch then began with the basics of walking around the pole, of course on your tip toes, turns, a few ways to gracefully transition from the pole to the floor, one of which I really liked was called "falling lady" which is actually very elegant. We finished up with some strengthening exersices and a cool down.
    As I was wiping off my pole and yoga mat, two women for the next class entered without me noticing and both gave me a pleasant hello which I of course returned.
    I plan to sign on for a 10 class pack here which is very reasonable as is their private lesson rate. I think if I get these basics down really well I will fit in better at the first studio.

Sara proud of you for continuing to exercise by pole dancing. I was playing around out on the back porch (actually showing off for my wife) and nearly broke my neck acting like I was a pole dancer. I have a lot of oil field pipe and built a large back patio/porch. The pipe is four inch steel pipe and its buried in concrete. I tried holding on at the bottom and flipping up my legs and feet. I should have known better but my grip is not as strong as my mind thinks I came straight down on my head and shoulders. Wife asked me if I was hurt and then laughed for what seemed like an hour. Needless to say I dang well respect pole dancers now. Lol

Glad you found another place, I have a basketball hoop on a pole in the back yard, yes I can make it turn or be fixed.

Great fun for me. :-)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I've just been thinking about Pole Dancing whilst reading your post, and how I have never tried it. I was a fan of indoor rock climbing which gave the body a good workout, but had to stop due to injury. This sounds like a great activity for trying, just gently though.

Thanks for sharing what you have been doing Sara, It sounds to be great. I'll see what is available in my area on Monday (we're a bit laid back here).

Just thinking about if it would be seen as a sexual thing by my non-accepting wife though? Something for me to work on.

Keep stretching,
    Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Silver Member
    I'm DADT and this falls within that although I have thought the same as to whether she could tolerate it. I must say that I'm amazed at how welcomed I havebeen made to feel by not only the teachers/staff but other students! Stacy, at the places i have been to, you sort of set the pace and if you find an intro to pole class they start out with walking around the pole, turning on one and two feet, pirouettes, all very simple things and then i also did some climbing. It is great to behave like any female in the class and be encuraged to do so. Everyone is expected to point their toes, arch their backs and move gracefully. Another point that is stressed is great posture, which I need to work on. I think I will really like this new studio and the intro class and also the practice time slots along with pole flow which is all the movements on the floor and between tricks.
    Give it a whirl!