Hi,
Although i had renewed my lesson plan whereI have been going I since found another studio a bit closer to home, but not too close, and they offered a free first lesson so I gave them a try. The other thing I liked was that they offered daytime beginner only classes (the other one offered a combined class which was okay, too).
I wore my black booty shorts and an Old navy open-backed tank with a small abstract print to it.
When I arrived the owner was there and she greeted me very pleasantly, adding that she was glad to meet me after exchanging a few informational emails. After completing a waiver I was given the lowdown on where I could put my stuff and such. I entered the studio which was spotless, well lit and a bit roomier. There was one client warming up when I entered. It turned out that she was there just to practice and I consequently had a private intro lesson. She started with a very thorough warm up and stretch then began with the basics of walking around the pole, of course on your tip toes, turns, a few ways to gracefully transition from the pole to the floor, one of which I really liked was called "falling lady" which is actually very elegant. We finished up with some strengthening exersices and a cool down.
As I was wiping off my pole and yoga mat, two women for the next class entered without me noticing and both gave me a pleasant hello which I of course returned.
I plan to sign on for a 10 class pack here which is very reasonable as is their private lesson rate. I think if I get these basics down really well I will fit in better at the first studio.