Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm curious about something

So far, for me it's been a gift.

I've found an entire new "self". My old male self is still there (mostly), and is still the foundation of my life. But I now have an "alter-ego" where I can display my feminine side. When I'm dressed I feel very different and experience things in a different way. When I'm in my Male mode, I find my emotions, feelings and actions are more tempered, and I find I'm less judgemental.

But... I've not come out to my family (and may never), I don't dress publicly, and no-one knows apart from my wife. It's likely that this situation will never change.

So, yes, a gift, but one I'm keeping hidden.

Michelle.

Quote Originally Posted by biancabellelover View Post

So, yes, a gift, but one I'm keeping hidden.

Michelle.
    Feeling a bit sad for you..I wish you could come out of your box that you created..

I'm bigender or gender fluid, so for me, it's a blessing.

I found this great quote in a quick google search

"Before you judge my life, my past or my character. walk in my shoes, walk the path I have traveled, live my sorrow, my doubts, my fear, my pain and my laughter. Remember, everyone has a story, when you've lived my life then you can judge me."

I see it as a way to get in touch with another me, and experience things from the opposite side of the world.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Feeling a bit sad for you..I wish you could come out of your box that you created..
    Please don't!

I don't require anyone's pity nor have I asked for any. I'm not denying that my situation could be described as "a box of my own creation". But the fact of the matter is, is that I'm quite happy there for the moment.

If and when I ever leave this "box", I'll do it of my own volition, for my own reasons, and I'll be happy doing it. Right now, I'm perfectly happy where I am.

Michelle
    Last edited by biancabellelover; 04-29-2018 at 08:45 PM. Reason: less tone

Ah-May-Lee
    If some women in the world feel dissatisfied with their life living as a women, then I too feel the same way. But becoming a man isn't going to make my life any better.
    In solitude where we are least alone. Byron

The avvy pic isn't me
    So, in coming out to my friends, I gave the 'if I could go back' speech, you know, the one that goes like this, 'I should have, wish I could/would have been born female'.
    One question I get asked tho is......'if you could go back and have your gender match the male sex would you?"
    But my mind tells me no, it's either all female or the me I am now., and so I tell people no, which confuses the hell out of them.

So when I first saw the word 'gift' here at this site, I was like yes!
    Attached to my existence it made total sense; of course, I can say that because I accepted myself as trans about 9 yrs ago. And sure, I too, suffered for many long years. There was lots of heartache, and much confusion too, but I got thru it.

I came to realize i'm non-binary and comfortable as living in that duality, about one year ago.

I suppose one way to look at it is........... I got a 2 for one special at birth, or the Goddess gave me an extra gender in case I decided the other one wasn't doing it for me.

So ya see.......it's a gift.
    Cass
    Last edited by Cassandra Lynn; 04-30-2018 at 12:20 PM.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I am very happy with who I am. It is all these facets of my personality that make me a better husband, Father, Grandfather, Nurse and yes. even an ocassional woman. Sounds like a gift to me.

Good question she is a gift for me on so many levels:
    - experience a lot of joy when dressing or going out
    - I have expanded my horizons and experienced things that most genetic males don't get to do
    - By embracing my F side and 'she' has made me a kinder, better, more mindful, more empathetic person a better parent and (ironically) husband
    - Meeting some amazing people both online and in person
    A.K.A Rebecca & Bec

Good morning DeadPixel, It is a blessing for me. We are so few and rare in nature, we have been given two sets of eyes and thoughts to live this world through. We can experience so much more than the mundanes, we can enjoy things that they will never feel or know. I am not going to say it has always been easy; but yes it's been a blessing for me. Brenda

Reality Check
    Crossdressing is not a "gift" and it's not a "curse". It's something you do. Anybody can do it although not everyone can do it well.
    Krisi

Krisi,In my case I was speaking of being gender gifted and that is different than appearance...

Stop that, it's silly.... DIANEF's Avatar
    Gift?, maybe, maybe not. I do know that this is a wonderful part of my life that has made me a better person, both physically and mentally. Some have said if they could take a pill to end their CD desires they would take it, I definitely wouldn't.
    Here today, gone tomorrow....

A gift? maybe, sort of.
    Mostly it feels like a curse. My life, as I knew it has changed in ways I never imagined, and there are pluses and minuses.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

The avvy pic isn't me
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Crossdressing is not a "gift" and it's not a "curse". It's something you do. Anybody can do it although not everyone can do it well.
    Yes, exactly.....crossdressing is something one does; gender is something one lives. Mine is attached to me inside and out.
    Since the OP didn't specifically ask us about crossdressing, some of us are speaking of our gender variance as a gift.

Cass

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra Lynn View Post
    Since the OP didn't specifically ask us about crossdressing, some of us are speaking of our gender variance as a gift.

Cass
    Cass, that's what I was meaning, but I see the post got plenty activity about the two possible meanings, which is surprising and nice to see. But yeah, I meant crossdressing, for some reason I even feel ashamed to say it, even in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Perhaps for you it is 'just' crossdressing, but for others it runs deeper than just the clothes. In that respect, it can be a blessing or a curse or both.
    Before you can love another, you must first like yourself

I Aim To Misbehave

Labels belong on BOXES, not PEOPLE!

Started as a curse in a less tolerant society, I'd have mental lows when not allowed to express myself.
    Now I'm older, society has changed, it's a gift, I'm more empathetic, more understanding of others, more compassionate and loving the life style.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Reality Check
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogina B View Post
    Krisi,In my case I was speaking of being gender gifted and that is different than appearance...
    Well, that's pretty confusing. What is "gender gifted"? We all have a gender.
    Krisi

Quote Originally Posted by Becky Blue View Post
    Good question she is a gift for me on so many levels:
    - experience a lot of joy when dressing or going out
    - I have expanded my horizons and experienced things that most genetic males don't get to do
    - By embracing my F side and 'she' has made me a kinder, better, more mindful, more empathetic person a better parent and (ironically) husband
    - Meeting some amazing people both online and in person
    Pretty much sums up how I see it but there is a curse element for me. I wonder at times what life would be like not being caught up in crossdressing. What it would be like being able to walk down the street without thinking "I'd like to wear what she's wearing" and not wanting to wear clothes or make-up, or having to hide in the closet. I realise I'll never know, so I just accept it for what it is.
    My Flickr profile
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/142337725@N08/

I'm curious about everything. I don't know if dressing is a gift but it is definitely not a curse. How could anything that brings such happiness be a curse?

Sometimes it's both depending on the day.

I see it as neither a gift not a curse. It is who I am. Nothing more, nothing less.

Most of the time I feel it's a gift as we seem to be a chosen few that can get relief and happiness from just changing our clothes.

Of course there are downsides, hiding it and sometimes guilt and many more things.

But I really don't think any of us would be doing this if we didn't get something out of it.
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

I can't seem to find the original quote; I think it was Carl Jung:" Beware Of Gifts from the Gods".
    I am a vessel of the goddess. Let me express my calling to a feminine life through nurturing love and relatedness.

Wherever there is a Sale or Macys, but mostly Baltimore MD
    I've always wondered you have to think of yourself as 'being' anything.
    . I don't think of my skin,eye or hair color when i get up
    . I don't think of my height or size all day.

The most important thing is to just accept yourself
    Kelly DeWinter
    Find Kelly at:
    Kelly's Blog
    Flicker
    [COLOR=#2e8b57