Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm curious about something

I'm curious about something

Hello everyone! I hope you are having a nice day.

I would like to see what's your view on something I have been told by some people here.
    Why is being like some of us seen as a gift? I have seen some people saying "It's a gift, not a curse", so I'm curious about this.

P.S.: Thank you for your time.

I'm sure there will be many reasons people believe this, but as much anguish and confusion it causes, it also opens your eyes to a whole new world. Not just in terms of clothing options, but also even just being able to open your mind to how others think and feel. Being able to explore many aspects of your own self that maybe you didn't even know were there. Lots of things.

I always feel that knowledge is enlightenment, and just being able to experience more things allows me to see more of how I work and who I am.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    Well for me it’s a bit of both, it has opened my eyes to what others especially those who deal with being trans and not able
    to find acceptance of others.
    Curse wise for me is being a bit in between both genders and that makes each day difficult at times

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I've heard countless stories from the T's I've met, DP. Some inspiring, some tragic! I'm meeting a T friend later today who was upbeat about going fulltime a year ago. Now, her marriage is failing and she's constantly depressed because of confusion about their children!

I stumbled around confused for 12 years trying to deal with my new "hobby". But, after finally coming out online and going to meet other trans, my life has become so busy and enjoyable! Even tho I'm still in the closet at home, Sherry's T life is much more full, rich, and exciting than my vanilla friends. Most r about my age, 75, and have little to look forward to except samo, samo, until they pass!
    Last edited by docrobbysherry; 04-28-2018 at 12:29 PM.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I think it's always a good thing to take a fresh look at things from a new perspective. Being transgender offers that in spades. I don't know if I'd call it a blessing or a curse, but definitely it's a challenge. As my signature line suggests, it's how you deal with it that matters. If you find peace of mind and become a better person though the experience then the blessing classification sure seems to work. If you end up watching your family disintegrate, lose your job and become disenchanted with life, then the curse can hold the floor.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

I would call it a mixed blessing. I definitely don't see it as a curse anymore although when I was younger I might have. By not boxing myself in to a single gender viewpoint I feel blessed that I can have a broader perspective than I might otherwise experience.

no sooner I feel I am accepted I soon read a story that scares me back.

I'm on holidays and I have met and seen 4 gay couples who were either married or just married. I seen countless gay males and females couples.But not one trans person, we'll not obvious anyway.yet I know there are events for trans people like divas Las Vegas but we aren't quite main stream yet. But The World is a changing. So if it's a gift it's a gift not yet delivered. But it's coming.

Platinum Member
    Hi DP , It is being able to enjoy having the BEST of both worlds for me.>Orchid......
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Making the best of a bad situation. To quote someone I once met, who lost his genitals in an accident, 'Well, at least no one can kick me in the nuts!'. So I suppose there's some sort of good side to any horrible thing that happens to us.

Or perhaps, trying to convince the rest of the world that crossdressing is a great thing. As we've seen throughout history and even today, propaganda is an interesting tool, if you tell people the same lie enough, eventually some of them will believe it. And in this case if we tell ourselves that crossdressing is wonderful, some people will come to believe it and find comfort in that idea.
    I just can't, because it seriously messed up the rest of my life, and there's no way to reconcile that all this TG stuff in my mind is good, when it is the obstacle in the way of what I want. I suppose that one could make all sorts of claims that what I REALLY want is to dress as a girl all the time, transition, and live as a woman, but there are just far too many problems with that hypothesis.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Queen of Chinatown jennifer0918's Avatar
    To me its a gift because when I dress I am so happy when I do dress. To me it's helped me become a better person.

It is like a rose bush...roots to a stem w/thorns, leaves and then the rose (life)....
    Escapism isn't necessarily bad, but is definitely unhealthy in the long term. While helpful in the short term, things will degrade over time. At some point, the escapee will have to face the issue. Things simply blowing over isn't really going to happen in many situations.

Certainly was a gift for me at eighteen, I was a blonde bombshell.

I was told that and yes I did look good THEN.

The curse comes later when the rot sets in.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    It's a blessing because it brings pure joy into my life. Never do I feel so alive as when I allow my femininity to surface. Granted, I also did not feel this way when I was younger.

There are the negative and positive to many a thing Pixy, and we each will see those differently.

So if I can say in a very positive way that if you yourself look at what you believe to be the positives of being how you are (GIFT) and the negatives (CURSE) you will be well on your own way to deciding if it for you is a Gift, Curse or a Great Gift!

If I personally use the word curse when referring to my dressing, my head is in a bad place!

Sorry Pixy but I also won't use the word Dead in reference?

Stacy!
    STOP, Well I just dance the way I feel
    Stop breathing imagine none of this is real

Well I just dance the way I feel
    "Ou Est Le Swimming Pool"

Aspiring Member
    Until the last several years of my life, I did not express my feminine side, which today I realize made me less complete as a person - a curse. After accepting myself as a transgender female, I am happy than ever - a gift. So I am glad that I accepted my TG femme identity, which can be challenging, but also a great learning experience for self and for others.

Me, Myself & Rachael Rachaelb64's Avatar
    A girt or a curse? Really it just the two sides of the same coin. First you to accept who you are. Second, don't give a damn about what the 'toxic' people say.
    Life is short, being who are and happy is more important than the labels society likes to stick on us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Life is to short so enjoy it to the full

:

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Today is a good day to Dress!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    It all depends on your frame of mind so how you deal with says a lot about how you deal with things.
    If you are an optimist then you can see things from both sides and enjoy the journey.
    If you are a pessimist then all the bad things you can dream up that could happen keeps you scared and in the closet so to speak.
    I know a lot of people these days seem to think everything is an ordeal everyday and just being a drama queen or king.
    They complain how hard life is and how bad things are all the time and in general have a negative attitude.
    Trans people are really good at feeling down and being negative just read the forums.
    I consider it a blessing because I can be happy and positive. I'm not stuck in a negative, evil, nasty, hateful world anymore.

Platinum Member
    Well....its all a matter of perspective. If you hate yourself and hate the impact the desire has on your life, or at least on your mental state, then I suppose you might consider it a curse. If you're delighted with the opportunity to express yourself as a woman at any opportunity, and feel good about doing it, then its a blessing or gift. If your conflicted and feel sometimes as though you're cursed and other times not, then you're probably about like most of us.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

There was a former member, who left years ago, who's member handle was, Curse Within. This dresser said it caused tremendous conflict, for him, and potential disasters in his life, in every way. He was on here many times, struggling with it all, and he was clearly, overwhelmed with misery because of it. I have not dressed more than once a month recently, and I know it brings much inner conflict in me, for several reasons. I really do want to date, and have a lady GG friend again, before i breathe my last. Each of us is a unique, individual, from different backgrounds, heredity, and many influences. Some of us suffer greatly with codependency, and are socially crippled, from very toxic families, and have had a really tough time socially. I find that it is more a curse to me, than any gift.. I wish i never had had any desire to dress in womens clothing, and been a normal guy, because of the isolation and anti social aspect, and shame i had even before i started dressing. part of me would have liked to have been a girl, and part of me is glad i am a male. It is the loneliness, and unmet social needs, never getting to have a wife, that hurts most. As a fairly nice looking woman, i would have been flooded with male attention, and in demand. As a lonely lower income man, with emotional and mental issues, life is a lonely desert, of littel female companionship or attention.

I view it as a gift. One that needs gumption added to it. With that combination,it allows us to have experiences that "the others" will never have. It also is as close to "resetting" my short life as I will ever have.

It's both, of course, but on balance, for me, the positives outweigh the negatives. Yes, life would have been simpler, but I would never have met some of the wonderful people I've met in this community. That alone would tip the scales, but it's all the things I've learned, all of them, that really seal the deal. I am definitely a better person for having embraced and accepted my feminine side.

You get to live as two different sexes. How many people experience that in life? A handful really. If only we could get society to see it that way.
    [COLOR="#800080"]Visit my *NEW site with pictures and not much (it's still new, lots to come) more!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Get to live as two genders not sexes you mean?

Banned Read only
    Life is what you make of it! Is wearing women's clothing a gift? Or a curse? I'm not a psychologist. However, if you are not accepting of yourself, then wearing women's clothing is going to become a curse. If you wallow about in self pity, shame, self loathing my money is on cross dressing is a curse. If you are not conflicted, wearing women's clothing may enable you to be more accepting of others who do not conform to societal norms and expectations. It is not surprising to me any more that men you scream about gays and lesbians or transgender men and women are of the group they wail against. Is it possible to not be prejudice against others without being a cross dressing man? Of course it is. I get a kick about posts that suggest cross dressing releases a 'feminine side' as if a non-cross dressing man cannot practice those attributes associated females. I've encountered many women over the years who are totally devoid of any attributes normally associated with their gender.

On occasion I do go to some sites that have posts from women of troubled and ended relationship with a husband who cross dressers. I do read them to see if there is something I am unintentionally or intentionally doing that would be viewed as a curse. Sometimes a little self reflection on how I affect others is in order so it does not become a curse to myself or my wife.

While out driving today, I came upon a thought that perfectly describes it in what amounts to a simple statement that can be taken both ways.

It's a prize: A boobie prize! Take that for what you will.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.