Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How often do you shave your legs and arms?

Legs: daily. Might be able to do it every other day but I don't like the 24 hour stubble feel even if it is not visible. I trim my arm hair but I don't shave it

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    I'm interested in the epilator. My wife bought one years ago and couldn't stand the pain. How painful is it? Does it really reduce hair regrowth or just remove it for "right now" like a razor does?
    The worst pain is the first time. It can be bad. If done again a s soon as the hairs re-emerge then the pain is considerably less and lessens more with time. Regrowth is definately reduced and carries on falling with regular use. The initial sessions will usually lead to red spots around hair follicles that will sting and redden in the shower or bath. This also stops after a few sessions. After a while the pain is not an issue but it is time consuming so takes perseverance.

Hi Krisi,

Epilator pain: Just imagine several of your hairs being plucked at the same time, over and over, and over some of your more sensitive skin. It is painful, but you do get used to it.

You can reduce the pain (somewhat) by stretching the skin you're about to epilate, but the first few times it's a bit intense. The BEST WAY to do the first few times is to get your partner to do it. Personally, I've always found it easier to endure pain that someone else is giving me, rather than inflicting it on myself. (NOT that I'm into that kind of thing, LOL, I'm speaking about things like lancing boils, cutting ingrown toe nails, etc.)

After doing it a few times, epilating is just a bit of passing discomfort.

As for regrowth, it is slower than a razor, as you're pulling the hair out from the root as opposed to slicing it off at skin level. The regrowth appears less for a couple of reasons. Firstly, the hair has to grow again from scratch, meaning that the first bit that appears is the tip of the hair instead of the full-thickness shaft that re-appears after shaving. Secondly, the hairs once plucked regrow at different rates, meaning that not all the plucked hairs reappear at the same time, unlike shaving regrowth.

In theory, regrowth should also take longer, and the hair should grow back less over time because when the hair is plucked it damages the follicle, and repeated plucking damages the follicle further, meaning that eventually the re-grown hair is really thin and eventually doesn't grow at all. In practice, that's probably marketing hype. I've not noticed it. Nor have any GG's I've known who get their legs and other bits waxed regularly. They're still doing it years later.

The last advantage is that you get less ingrown hairs.

Michelle.

Face, once to twice daily.
    Torso, from neck to groin, every two to three days.
    Arms, legs and groin, roughly once a week.

Depends a lot on what I am doing, however. I'll shave my arms and legs more frequently if I am going out en-femme and they will show a lot, and I always shave my face and torso before going out en-femme.

I stay shaved all the time - removing all hair below my nose and hairline - and it really bothers me now to have itchy stubble. Sometimes I can't even sleep if I can feel stubble on my arms or legs, and I have to go shower and shave them before I can go to bed. So as soon as my legs and arms feel at all rough, I shave them again.

I shave mine 2-3 times per week for maintenance. Otherwise, I look like a pretty hairy ape as Rich.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Reality Check
    Thanks for the epilator information. It will help.
    Krisi

I have epilator my chest and stomach for over a year. Today no hair grows in my chest anymore. I have shaved or epilator it for a month now not a single hair. My stomach still has some but very light. I shave my legs and underarms daily as I really enjoy it.

I guess the best answer is....whenever it's necessary depending on how hairy you are. For me it's every second or third day. Ditto for my chest.

I have never shaved my legs or arms and don't have a desire too. But I don't mind being a man in a dress (I am who I am and like what I like). My wife's friend the other day said me wearing a skirt was fine with her but she couldn't get over my hairy legs with the skirt.

once or twice a week for me. i'm lucky that my body hair is very fine and light
    in color, so it's not noticeable at all. my problem is that i'm very anal about
    stubble...
    paula

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I'm 75. And, I can honestly say in all that time I've NEVER even considered shaving anything other than my face!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Used to shave every other week .... but since I started getting my abdomen, chest and legs waxed like 6 months ago... i haven't shaved since (except underarms, which i still do weekly).... to be honest, there's something about laying mostly naked on a table with a gorgeous blonde woman dripping hot wax on me and then ripping all the hair off of me that I just love ... and right afterwards the same esthetician gives me a hot foot soak, then a facial with gentle massage on arms and legs... it's PURE HEAVEN for those two hours and change....

Seldom but about due! LOL Hugs Lana Mae
    Life is worth living!
    "Foxy lady! You look so good!!" Jimi Hendrix

Having been shaving my legs about every 7-10 days for a couple of years now and would love to do my arms but don't think that would be tolerated.
    My Flickr profile
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/142337725@N08/

Just do it already! DaisyLawrence's Avatar
    As soon as I see a hair. Eeeeew.

Aspiring Member
    Once or twice a week, depending on how fast it grows.

I shave my legs like every 2 months. I'm not dressed all the time. I'm almost naturally smooth

As for shaving my legs AND arms the answer is never, as I have never shaved my arms. I have and do shave my legs from time to time. It doesn't take long because most of the hair below the knee cap is gone.

I've been doing the legs, armpits, and privates once every 7-10 days, while I'd love to keep the smooth feeling longer my skin just won't tolerate more frequent shaving. My hair is dark and thick if I let it go too long...if I happen to go two weeks or longer between shaving I have to use a trimmer on it before the razor or it is like mowing the lawn with a scissors. As for the arms, I just leave them alone and deal with it...I try to wear long-sleeved tops or dresses when possible, although because I don't go out in public yet it isn't a big deal to me.
    When I started on the legs I was using women's shaving gel; my wife suggested I use some of the creamy bath soaps she has been using. Once I tried that, the shaves got better and I even had less irritation afterwards.
    Chest area- I keep that trimmed down low but don't shave it, I have some irritation issues on the skin there. Trimming helps keep that in check.
    -Cheryllynn

Legs every 4-5 days, depending on growth. I live in FL and am pretty much always in shorts when in boy mode. Nobody has ever said anything. I just find that after 4-5 days of growth they look terrible, possibly drawing attention.

Underarms? Only when they get really long - say a month? I don't wear styles in either mode that show off my underarms.

Chest area every 4-5 days. Sometimes more frequently if I'm going to be wearing low cut tops in girl mode or using my self-adhesive BF's.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Never actually shaved my arms (only armpits.). I have very light hair on my arms and it is hardly visible at all. I shave my legs about 3 times a week. I like them to be as smooth as possible and really don't like that fuzz at early stages. I use wax and/or sugaring on my butt and privates to avoid red bumps from ingrowns, so I do that less often, about twice per month I would say as it stays baby smooth for longer.